• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 4:21 pm
[OP]
Apr 27, 2015
210 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Princess Auto] 1 Gallon Spot Sprayer

Looks like a good price for those looking for a sprayer.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1875 posts
917 upvotes
Anyone try using these with watery-type stain for fencing? I figure that's a good throw-away price.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1869 posts
2330 upvotes
Toronto
This is not a sprayer... the rubber seal is terrible. Home hardware usually has one on sale for about 10 bucks, much better quality. Costco also had the scotts one on clearance for 15 and is by far the best one and most solid
Jan 31, 2011
805 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
sonyminidiscman wrote: This is not a sprayer... the rubber seal is terrible. Home hardware usually has one on sale for about 10 bucks, much better quality. Costco also had the scotts one on clearance for 15 and is by far the best one and most solid
I have the WoodShield brand sprayer bottle bought from homehardware last year and stored under room temperature during the winter. When I use it again this spring it failed on me when the sprayer always losing pressure. The problem lies in the clear tube located inside the bottle broke at the end where it is inserted to the black bottle screw-in cap. It seems to me that clear tube is not desinged for pressurized environment and it's a matter of time before it will break. On the other hand, that clear tube should be easy to replace at any hardware store. But for the price I paid ($10), paying even $5 for a new tube seems a costly fix so I just tape it back somehow as a workaround.

I also bought the Scotts sprayer bottle from Costco for $15 on clearance and it is a worthy upgrade. The tube from end to end seems more heavy duty then the homehardware one.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9262 posts
2754 upvotes
sonyminidiscman wrote: This is not a sprayer... the rubber seal is terrible. Home hardware usually has one on sale for about 10 bucks, much better quality. Costco also had the scotts one on clearance for 15 and is by far the best one and most solid
Small sample size but the Home hardware one has bad reviews compared to this one.