Expired Hot Deals

Princess Auto

1 Litre Pressure Washer Foam Cannon $14.44 (Regular $24.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 7:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3791 posts
5902 upvotes

[Princess Auto] 1 Litre Pressure Washer Foam Cannon $14.44 (Regular $24.99)

Princess Auto has a pressure washer foam cannon on sale for $14.44 in store, with a discount of $10.55. Good price for a foam cannon. Same price online, but no free shipping.

If you use an electric pressure washer, out of the box it won't produce as thick of a foam, since the GPM of electric pressure washers is usually below the 2GPM minimum. But you can easily fix that by modding the foam cannon with a 1.1mm orifice. They're cheap and easy to find on amazon.

Thread Summary
Not sure what to look for? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best foam cannons!
116 replies
Nov 7, 2017
412 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto, ON
how does this compare to the MATCC foam cannon from Amazon? I been waiting for it to come back in stock for a couple weeks now.
Nov 23, 2010
213 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
It looks almost identical. Price is great!
Feb 17, 2004
782 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
It's the exact same. I have the princess auto and the Matcc.. I took them apart and they're identical.

Nev0513 wrote: how does this compare to the MATCC foam cannon from Amazon? I been waiting for it to come back in stock for a couple weeks now.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19822 posts
2583 upvotes
My pressure washer came with a foam cannon and my biggest problem is I dont really know what to put in the bottle. I tried car wash soap and that did not work as I hoped.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3791 posts
5902 upvotes
brunes wrote: My pressure washer came with a foam cannon and my biggest problem is I dont really know what to put in the bottle. I tried car wash soap and that did not work as I hoped.
What foam cannon do you have?
Apr 14, 2009
172 posts
61 upvotes
Brampton
Not a car guy. Can anyone suggest a good inexpensive soap for this? Thank you
Jun 6, 2018
303 posts
226 upvotes
Bought a similar one last year. Found out most GVA street don't allow soap car washing, even front of my home.
Aug 2, 2014
120 posts
74 upvotes
Bedford, NS
P&S Pearl foams well and is only around 30 bucks a gallon.

Chemical Guys Honeydew and Adams Shampoo (Blue) are also two that I have used with good results but they're 40-60 a gallon.
Dec 27, 2017
498 posts
233 upvotes
I have this one and it works well with just regular Meguiar's car wash soap. The foam does not stay on thick, so thank OP for the tip on changing the cannon nozzle! I will try it.
Apr 26, 2003
983 posts
168 upvotes
Vancouver
Am I the only one confused by pressure washer fittings? Each manufacturer has two different bayonet sizes, threaded, quickconnects of different sizes, M18, M22, 1/4", etc. This looks like a 1/4" quickconnect, is this a good size to buy accessories for?
Jun 25, 2006
310 posts
129 upvotes
Make sure your pressure washer can provide enough pressure for this to work. This cannon needs a minimum 2 GPM to work.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3791 posts
5902 upvotes
I don't have experience with that foam cannon, but reading up on it, it should at least work enough to make a foam (consistency I wouldn't know though). It doesn't look to be just a low pressure soap dispenser.

It could be the ratio of soap to water (use the soap recommended ratio and not what your foam cannon states), or the soap you're using. There are some car wash soaps that you can only use as bucket/pressure washer nozzle (via soap tank), others that are primarily foam cannon, and some that can be used as both.

You could try changing up the soap ratio first if you haven't tried that. Then maybe change the soap you're using. Or you could try the 1.1mm orifice mod I mentioned in the OP. I know your pressure washer says it's 2GPM, but that's generally the potential max and not necessarily the usable.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1779 posts
217 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks for the post OP, if only we're allowed to use a soap in our own driveway when cleaning the car I would grab this one in a heartbeat.
Unknown wrote: Why is Playbook at $199 a door crasher??? Because Canadians are gullible. :razz:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3791 posts
5902 upvotes
AnimeEd wrote: Am I the only one confused by pressure washer fittings? Each manufacturer has two different bayonet sizes, threaded, quickconnects of different sizes, M18, M22, 1/4", etc. This looks like a 1/4" quickconnect, is this a good size to buy accessories for?
Generally, all pressure washer gun tips use a universal 1/4" quick connect. Unless you're using an obscure pressure washer with a gun that's proprietary and doesn't work with anything else. It would snap on fine, just like any turbo, 0, 15, 25, 40 degree nozzle tip.

M22 - 14 (or 15...), 3/8", etc are if you're wanting to add quick connects to your hoses/machine.

This foam cannon will fit the tip of any standard gas/electric pressure washer gun.
Nov 28, 2011
170 posts
112 upvotes
Points east
desertdeal wrote: Thanks for the post OP, if only we're allowed to use a soap in our own driveway when cleaning the car I would grab this one in a heartbeat.
Wait... what? There exists a place where a homeowner is limited on how he chooses to wash his car on his own property?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3791 posts
5902 upvotes
This one 🤣!
Dispose of the wastewater into the sanitary sewer. By using a pail, washcloth and only a small amount of water, and then wiping the car dry, the wastewater can be contained in the bucket and disposed of into the sanitary sewer through a laundry sink or toilet. From there it will go to a City wastewater treatment plant.
What person is going to wash their car like this? Filling a pail with a small amount of water and wiping your car down with a cloth. Then wring the dirty water into the pail and pour it in your sink?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)