• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 1:49 pm
[OP]
Mar 15, 2012
194 posts
400 upvotes

[Princess Auto] 13,000 LB vehicle Ramps [44.99 + FS]

I got this last year for $54.99 and this time its even cheaper for $44.99

Its very easy to ramp up the car and perform an oil change. Rhino's the 16,000LB's are also on sale this week on $54.99
https://www.partsource.ca/products/0091 ... b04f&_ss=r

Please check which one suits better. Anyway , we can never go wrong with PA's return policy.
15 replies
Oct 19, 2004
898 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
I've heard about Rhinos being harder to use with lower cars or cars with front lips. I've also heard about them cracking, which seems to have happened with the Princess Auto model as well. Anyone have any first-hand experience with either of these that would like to cue in and share their positive/negative experience and advice?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1486 posts
343 upvotes
prakash132 wrote: I got this last year for $54.99 and this time its even cheaper for $44.99

Its very easy to ramp up the car and perform an oil change. Rhino's the 16,000LB's are also on sale this week on $54.99
https://www.partsource.ca/products/0091 ... b04f&_ss=r

Please check which one suits better. Anyway , we can never go wrong with PA's return policy.
PS has a $10 coupon for over $50 when you signup but PS don't deliver? Only curbside pickup? None in Vancouver.

I saw reviews that these collapse
[OP]
Mar 15, 2012
194 posts
400 upvotes
RiP wrote: I've heard about Rhinos being harder to use with lower cars or cars with front lips. I've also heard about them cracking, which seems to have happened with the Princess Auto model as well. Anyone have any first-hand experience with either of these that would like to cue in and share their positive/negative experience and advice?
I have used it thrice this PA one for my GMC Acadia and didn’t have an issue...but as a safety I also put 2 jack stands beside the ramp..
Jun 27, 2018
193 posts
133 upvotes
I use the PA one since 2018. Purchased for $50. So far no problems, used on 2 cars at least 6 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4363 posts
269 upvotes
Could you imagine being under something like this and hearing it crack!?!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4046 posts
289 upvotes
lindmar wrote: Could you imagine being under something like this and hearing it crack!?!
Shouldn't be all that scary if you're supporting the car properly with actual jack stands.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1486 posts
343 upvotes
lindmar wrote: Could you imagine being under something like this and hearing it crack!?!
Hearing a crack gives you warning. A couple of reviews on amazon said it just collapsed without warning after 1st or 2nd use. It would have killed them, if they were under. One said it collapsed within 5 minutes. I thought this would happen if the plastic rubber breaks down with age but these were new.
I still bought one and hope I Jack stand them correctly. I preferred to get the heavier rated one for safety but it's not on sale at PA.
Last edited by jon604 on May 27th, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 3, 2019
262 posts
242 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought 1 anyways.

You really shouldnt be trusting these alone if you plan on working under your car anyways. You should always take extra safety measurements and use multiple jack stands.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4363 posts
269 upvotes
jon604 wrote: Hearing a crack gives you warning. A couple of reviews on amazon said it just collapsed without warning after 1st or 2nd use. It would have killed them, if they were under. One said it collapsed within 5 minutes. I thought this would happen if the plastic rubber breaks down with age but these were new.
I still bought one and hope I Jack stand them correctly. I preferred to get the heavier rated one for safety but it's not on sale at PS.
WOW.
That's enough to run away from this deal. COLD.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1518 posts
676 upvotes
Ontario
I used Rhinos ramps once in my life and drove my car up onto them and one cracked. I will never again trust my 4000lb + car, and my life, on a piece of plastic again.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18437 posts
2806 upvotes
Langley
I use the Rino ones. I've put them under the front of my 8000lb diesel HD truck without issue. But it has enough ground clearance that it wouldn't crush me if they failed, and I use jackstands under the frame as a backup.
Jun 4, 2018
265 posts
152 upvotes
Has anyone being using this? Heard that the rhino one could crack without warning so wonder if this is any better
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18437 posts
2806 upvotes
Langley
AlexS37855 wrote: Has anyone being using this? Heard that the rhino one could crack without warning so wonder if this is any better
Anything can fail without warning. You should always have jackstands under the frame, no matter which ramps you use.