https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8882110e

Free shipping for now.

There is another cheap GRILL that i do not recommend but there you go:
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8858391e
59 replies
Apr 6, 2017
841 posts
1306 upvotes
Perfect. Have another month to bbq on the balcony.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2009
1026 posts
506 upvotes
Halifax
Princess Auto has canceled the last four orders I've made with them. I have zero faith that they ever have anything in stock at this point.
Jun 2, 2005
98 posts
119 upvotes
Saint Catharines
Was same price last month.

Item was in the overstock section in store.

Seems to be rotating.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2799 posts
3862 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
I relly wished Princess Auto had the model where you can lock the lid when so you can carry the kettle grill then mod the grill by drilling a few holes at the bottom and using an old or new circular air vent part from an old BBQ to allow better airflow . Then drill on the lid to add a thermometer as well as a mini fan attached to a soup can if you want to force some air in have forced circulation to aid in even cooking or baking.

Add a Camp Maid folding charcoal starter/stove/grill, some cleaning and cooking tongs and fill the rest of the spaces with ziplock bags of charcoal and you have a one grab kettle grill with everything to cook all in one. They ave similar folding chimney starters on amazon as well. Add a fry pan and a 2 quart stainless pot and lid and you can use that as an improvised dutch oven or add a cast iron dutch oven. Everything packs up small inside the kettle grill.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Nov 14, 2018
124 posts
265 upvotes
This was on sale for same price a few weeks ago. I successfully price matched with Home Depot for an extra 10% off ($31.50+ tax, free shipping). Some reported issues with PMing but I had no issues requesting it through chat. They had me place the order first and then give them the order number to adjust the price on their end.

Don't forget cash back for Home Depot with Rakuten/GCR!
[OP]
Mar 25, 2018
36 posts
45 upvotes
sonician wrote: Princess Auto has canceled the last four orders I've made with them. I have zero faith that they ever have anything in stock at this point.
They shipped mine today.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1378 posts
1505 upvotes
Ordered this last month from princess auto. Good grill for the price.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9987 posts
5261 upvotes
Paris
thedealhunter2000 wrote: I relly wished Princess Auto had the model where you can lock the lid when so you can carry the kettle grill then mod the grill by drilling a few holes at the bottom and using an old or new circular air vent part from an old BBQ to allow better airflow . Then drill on the lid to add a thermometer as well as a mini fan attached to a soup can if you want to force some air in have forced circulation to aid in even cooking or baking.

Add a Camp Maid folding charcoal starter/stove/grill, some cleaning and cooking tongs and fill the rest of the spaces with ziplock bags of charcoal and you have a one grab kettle grill with everything to cook all in one. They ave similar folding chimney starters on amazon as well. Add a fry pan and a 2 quart stainless pot and lid and you can use that as an improvised dutch oven or add a cast iron dutch oven. Everything packs up small inside the kettle grill.
Do you have a link for this madness?

Wife won a smokey joe BBQ ages ago and I still like it, but the handle thing would be nice.
Aug 5, 2005
270 posts
113 upvotes
Other than the chimney starter ($10 from princess auto) any other recommended accessories for someone using charcoal for first time?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1590 posts
416 upvotes
Babo wrote: Other than the chimney starter ($10 from princess auto) any other recommended accessories for someone using charcoal for first time?
I recommend using an electric coal starter. I got one on Amazon for 20. Buring paper makes ashes and fire starter cubes gets expensive
Apr 14, 2006
807 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
jon604 wrote: I recommend using an electric coal starter. I got one on Amazon for 20. Buring paper makes ashes and fire starter cubes gets expensive
Which starter did you buy from amazon?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3162 posts
1672 upvotes
sarella wrote: Has anyone successfully converted their smokey joe to a mini smokey mountain, I am trying to find a 32qt pot but seems to only find it on us amazon.

Here is a link to converting a smokey joe to a mini smokey mountain
https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/smok ... m-project/
I have not had any luck finding anything online from a reputable dealer that is cheap enough and where a return is easy. I am hopeful that after things open up again and I can actually go into some stores and look at items I will be able to find what I am looking for (thinking Homesense/Winners). Let me know if you find anything,
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1297 posts
633 upvotes
flyer12 wrote:
I have not had any luck finding anything online from a reputable dealer that is cheap enough and where a return is easy. I am hopeful that after things open up again and I can actually go into some stores and look at items I will be able to find what I am looking for (thinking Homesense/Winners). Let me know if you find anything,
sarella wrote: Has anyone successfully converted their smokey joe to a mini smokey mountain, I am trying to find a 32qt pot but seems to only find it on us amazon.

Here is a link to converting a smokey joe to a mini smokey mountain
https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/smok ... m-project/
You need a 32qt pot.

Out of stock. Might need an insulation blanket since it's made out of aluminum.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LZ4 ... UTF8&psc=1

Not sure if these will fit: If the pot is too small, you can always use gaskets to "thicken" the base and top
Last edited by PerformingAzura on Apr 28th, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 31, 2012
45 posts
151 upvotes
Nova Scotia
sonician wrote: Princess Auto has canceled the last four orders I've made with them. I have zero faith that they ever have anything in stock at this point.
I can't say I have an experience with their online ordering...But I've given up on their in-store sales.
Anytime they have something on-sale in store they are immediately OOS because they decided they're only going to stock two of them.

That said, if someone can get one that this price it's a good deal.
Jan 31, 2008
640 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
last time they had this sale (sometime last year...) I just price matched with HD.
Might be something to consider for those who're hesitant with PA.
Came to be cheaper too with the PM.
Apr 30, 2008
38 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal
Just PM with HD via chat, I was able to get my smokey joe pretty easily.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3162 posts
1672 upvotes
lilpoorpk wrote: last time they had this sale (sometime last year...) I just price matched with HD.
Might be something to consider for those who're hesitant with PA.
Came to be cheaper too with the PM.
Actually the last time they had this on sale was a few weeks ago ...
But, yes, Home Depot is an option (plus the extra 10% off).