[Princess Auto] 15 Litre Oil Drain Pan $7.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2020 8:38 am
[OP]
Dec 29, 2017
524 posts
447 upvotes

[Princess Auto] 15 Litre Oil Drain Pan $7.99

Great deal for doing your own oil changes. In stock online with free shipping.
Images
  • B7DA06CE-5E62-4686-979D-EBBE1389F6F8.jpeg
79 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2861 posts
1167 upvotes
GTA
The only thing that could make this better would be a cap on the drain spout - but a fantastic deal for $8.
Might grab one for coolant....
Nov 21, 2007
361 posts
359 upvotes
Peterborough
Thanks OP, have been looking for one to start doing my own oil changes.
Sep 18, 2019
207 posts
280 upvotes
this is like the best deal i've ever seen, bought a similar one 6 months ago from amazon @$20 something :(
Mar 15, 2019
775 posts
910 upvotes
never done this before, how to rinse it? soap?
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 4GB UNLIMITED voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Jul 16, 2010
48 posts
27 upvotes
15L is pretty big right? Is it better to get a smaller one for oil changes? I use ramps to do oil changes so the clearance isn't the best.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3364 posts
3550 upvotes
iliketurtles wrote: 15L is pretty big right? Is it better to get a smaller one for oil changes? I use ramps to do oil changes so the clearance isn't the best.
Shows height of 6 inches. You don't have that much clearance?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Jul 2, 2007
574 posts
144 upvotes
Canada
GammaRayFort wrote: never done this before, how to rinse it? soap?
I usually toss in some kitty litter or sawdust to soak up any residual oil then wipe it out with a rag.
May 10, 2018
109 posts
63 upvotes
What are you guys doing to for shipping? My estimate for shipping came out to just south of 11$
Nov 21, 2007
361 posts
359 upvotes
Peterborough
Wellimshopping wrote: What are you guys doing to for shipping? My estimate for shipping came out to just south of 11$
Its free shipping for any item currently?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35263 posts
21250 upvotes
Center of Universe
Wellimshopping wrote: What are you guys doing to for shipping? My estimate for shipping came out to just south of 11$
Shipping is free during the lockdown.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4271 posts
3699 upvotes
Toronto
GammaRayFort wrote: never done this before, how to rinse it? soap?
You definitely don't want to "clean" it with soap and water and have the motor oil go down the drain. You don't need to clean it at all. Just pour out as much as you can, then tilt it on something and let it drip for an hour more to get every drop you can. Then there should only be a thin film of oil and metal shavings (from your engine). You can just store that away as is until your next oil change or wipe it with a paper towel and dispose of the paper towel with your old oil filter and old oil at your municipal environmental waste depot.

It will only contain used motor oil or other fluids, so it doesn't need to be clean.

As an alternative, I've been using a dollar store container (supposed to be a dish pan) for years. Once the old oil is drained and I fill up the engine with fresh oil, I then use a funnel to pour the old oil into the oil bottle. This drain pan has the integrated spout, which is convenient, but you don't need anything special to hold oil and pour it out.
[OP]
Dec 29, 2017
524 posts
447 upvotes
iliketurtles wrote:
Oh yeah, you're right. I'm confused now cause when you compare it with this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00JJ6 ... EEQB&psc=1

It has the same dimensions and looks identical but that one only holds 8L. Anyways, for the price you can't go wrong so I'll just order and see.
The Amazon picture in the description says 4 gallon capacity so there’s inconsistency in the Amazon listing itself. I’m going with 4gal/15L.
Shipping is free. You’ll get an estimate of the cost, but when you go to pay it’ll be free with Canada Post.
Mar 6, 2006
426 posts
89 upvotes
Kelowna
Anyone used this for a large capacity change? My truck uses 13 L of oil. Is 15L full to the brim or can I still move it afterwards?