[Princess Auto] 15 Litre Oil Drain Pan Save 60% $8.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2021 10:48 am
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
148 posts
234 upvotes

[Princess Auto] 15 Litre Oil Drain Pan Save 60% $8.99

PA has this oil drain pan on sale again from July 20-Aug 1/21.

I have used it since last year for various vehicle oil changes and it works well with little mess. I don't have to be too accurate about oil flow projection after oil plug removal as it's pretty big. 15L is ample capacity for most vehicles and the built in spout works well to transfer to old oil jugs for proper disposal.

I wish it came in other colours for coolant changes.

SKU 8006588
Package (L x W x H) 22.7 x 18.5 x 6 in.
Weight 2.2 lbs
Colour/Finish Black
Capacity 15 litres
Funnel Size (in.) 22.91 x 18.58 x 6.14
Overall Height (in.) 6.14
Overall Width (in.) 18.58
Material Polypropylene
Packaging (qty) 1
Overall Length (in.) 22.91
59 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8090 posts
705 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks. Was waiting for this
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6304 posts
343 upvotes
Scarborough
I bought it last year and the spout is amazing and makes it easy to transfer oil. I had an oil pan without a spout before and I would always spill some while transferring to an old jug no matter how careful I was.
Aug 30, 2020
959 posts
1441 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Deal is ice cold, was $7.99 a year ago

J/k, this is a solid drain pan. No gimmicks.
Jun 10, 2020
506 posts
461 upvotes
.. Where do you dispose of your oil?? (Hopefully properly and legally,..)
Smaller town here... curious.
Jan 1, 2021
9 posts
10 upvotes
DasHip wrote: .. Where do you dispose of your oil?? (Hopefully properly and legally,..)
We drop it off at local waste management site.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1635 posts
452 upvotes
No place to price match? No PA near me and shipping is $10.
I miss the free shipping during covid..Loudly Crying Face
Jun 12, 2018
286 posts
175 upvotes
Ontario
Used this for over 5 years with no problems. Drained 8L of oil in it from two cars back to back on Saturday. It's almost a bit too big to be honest - meaning once in place there's less area under the car to work and more area in the pan to wipe oil from once you transfer it out. Still a good price.
Oct 15, 2020
149 posts
348 upvotes
montreal, QC
DasHip wrote: .. Where do you dispose of your oil?? (Hopefully properly and legally,..)
Costco if you have one close by and they have a garage
Is this thing on?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4079 posts
319 upvotes
stevo88 wrote: Used this for over 5 years with no problems. Drained 8L of oil in it from two cars back to back on Saturday. It's almost a bit too big to be honest - meaning once in place there's less area under the car to work and more area in the pan to wipe oil from once you transfer it out. Still a good price.
That's the problem I had with mine. Other than that, much better build quality than my crappy tire one. I'm sure there's a reason for it but would've liked the spout to point the opposite direction for when pouring the oil from the pan back into containers.
May 7, 2015
97 posts
39 upvotes
Newmarket
Been waiting for this as well! Thanks!
Feb 7, 2017
445 posts
214 upvotes
1) Take it to a Community Environmental Day event (GTA) or to your local household hazardous waste (also in link below)
2) If you are in the GTA, order a toxic taxi once you have enough litres to come pick it up for free.
https://www.toronto.ca/311/knowledgebas ... ck-up.html
3) Bring it to any auto mechanic shop that accepts used oil (For example, some Canadian Tire accept it).
Feb 1, 2012
133 posts
68 upvotes
Markham
o4komodo wrote: Canadian Tire usually takes it.

Possibly varies per store. Mine no longer takes it, I now have to drop off at local waste centres
Feb 8, 2020
28 posts
19 upvotes
Toshiii129 wrote: Possibly varies per store. Mine no longer takes it, I now have to drop off at local waste centres
Didn't realize that. That's good to know though.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1261 posts
1930 upvotes
Vancouver
I pour it down the nearest sewer grate, especially the ones with a fish symbol on it
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1261 posts
1930 upvotes
Vancouver
Toshiii129 wrote: Possibly varies per store. Mine no longer takes it, I now have to drop off at local waste centres
Almost no auto places, indpendent or chains take oil anymore. Too much of a hassle for them.

You can only take them to centers now
Oct 2, 2018
709 posts
585 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this a few years ba k, very solid can highly recommend.

Sadly getting too old to climb under the car for oil changes....I do however use it to drain the oil out of my snowblower and lawnmower.
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.