[Princess Auto] 15 x 12 in. Stackable Tote | $2.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2020 11:08 am
[OP]
Mar 28, 2019
94 posts
252 upvotes

[Princess Auto] 15 x 12 in. Stackable Tote | $2.99

Since we've been cooped up I've been doing some organizing and these seem to be perfect for storing miscellaneous items in the basement/garage.

Reviews seem to be decent as well. Discount with free shipping seem to make this a decent deal from the looks of it.

15 x 12 in. Stackable Tote | $2.99

Description:
Versatile bins nest when stacked or are reversible to stack above each other
[external advertising not allowed]
33 replies
Apr 1, 2013
699 posts
862 upvotes
Fredericton
Can't seem to confirm they have covers or not.

Also, there's a special place in hell for anyone who orders one of these and has it shipped. Don't take advantage of PA's generous free shipping promo, please.
[OP]
Mar 28, 2019
94 posts
252 upvotes
life359 wrote: Can't seem to confirm they have covers or not.

Also, there's a special place in hell for anyone who orders one of these and has it shipped. Don't take advantage of PA's generous free shipping promo, please.
Agreed, would be awful dirty for a single order. Plenty of other deals to be had in the current sale for a complete order.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6743 posts
6594 upvotes
life359 wrote: Can't seem to confirm they have covers or not.

No covers from what I can see. They stack.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6743 posts
6594 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: It looks square enough that making a cover out of ply shouldnt' be a big problem.
But that would probably cost more than the $3 you spent on this bin. Honestly, if you want a cover, there are other options out there.
Aug 4, 2004
855 posts
394 upvotes
Vancouver
They stack or nest. No lids. Turn them 180 to stack. Good price, they typically hit this price point a few times a year. I use a few at work, have a few at home.
Licensed Automotive Technician
Mar 18, 2013
259 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
They use these in restaurants for dirty dishes...and at the airports for TSA scanning. There are no covers.
signature removed for rule violations
Dec 14, 2011
479 posts
404 upvotes
Any one else have a problem with selecting shipping method?
[OP]
Mar 28, 2019
94 posts
252 upvotes
416vtyou wrote: Any one else have a problem with selecting shipping method?
No issues here, mind you I selected the "pick up at Canada Post" option.
Jun 5, 2009
244 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks I ordered 16 and a few other things. Usual shipping cost is displayed at the bottom if you are login. Shipping for 16 totes only would have been around 12$ without the promo.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6660 posts
6500 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I keep one in the back of my car for groceries and takeout - no worries about spills or whatever
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Oct 15, 2016
157 posts
43 upvotes
aeba7 wrote: I keep one in the back of my car for groceries and takeout - no worries about spills or whatever
This is a great idea.
I should do the same.
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1546 posts
1273 upvotes
Toronto
sphish wrote: They stack or nest. No lids. Turn them 180 to stack. Good price, they typically hit this price point a few times a year. I use a few at work, have a few at home.
Image for how it stacks: http://imgur.com/a/PV6N8H0

Thanks. Placed an order for 20, and a few other things that we needed from our local store. We use these for shelf storage organization.

Very orderly. Parked in designated spot and informed the store which spot I was in (as informed by signage in spots). Buckets were used to further separate parking spots.

When the order was ready, a phone call was made to inform me and an employee bought the order out from the store. Showed me the receipt (from a distance), and loaded the items into my car. Tried to tip but the employee refused. Will be writing to applaud the staff. Well done Princess Auto.
Sep 8, 2019
136 posts
224 upvotes
Calgary
repatch wrote: But that would probably cost more than the $3 you spent on this bin. Honestly, if you want a cover, there are other options out there.
4x8' of 1/4" ply is like $25 bucks and would make a lots of covers (too lazy to do the math).
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10773 posts
5076 upvotes
Bought a couple as was just placing order on some tools so added in the order.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Nov 13, 2013
338 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have pictures of them being stacked on top of each other?