• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2021 5:07 pm
[OP]
May 15, 2008
143 posts
83 upvotes
Mississauga

[Princess Auto] 20 in. High-Velocity Floor Fan $49.99

I saw these at the Dixie & Courtney Park location in Mississauga. They had a good handful of them when I got them. Really quiet, good for a warehouse setting. Other fans of this size is approx. $90 and up.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
5747 posts
3090 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I’ve got a detached garage that I use for occasional wood working. I end up generating a decent amount of dust during the cooler months when I work inside instead of outside. I’ve been trying to come up with a plan so that this year I can try and mitigate some of the dust as the whole place gets quite the coating over time. There’s the car door at the front and directly opposite at the back is a man door. Would a combination of say 2 of these at the car door pushing out and 1 at the back pulling in move enough air to pull some of the dust out as I work? Or is there something else i should go with?

Another option is not using the man door at all but using 2 at the car door pushing out and allowing the air to be pulled in naturally from the roof vents as the ceiling is uninsulated and unfinished.
Apr 2, 2015
257 posts
1311 upvotes
White Rock, BC
ChicoQuente wrote: I’ve got a detached garage that I use for occasional wood working. I end up generating a decent amount of dust during the cooler months when I work inside instead of outside. I’ve been trying to come up with a plan so that this year I can try and mitigate some of the dust as the whole place gets quite the coating over time. There’s the car door at the front and directly opposite at the back is a man door. Would a combination of say 2 of these at the car door pushing out and 1 at the back pulling in move enough air to pull some of the dust out as I work? Or is there something else i should go with?

Another option is not using the man door at all but using 2 at the car door pushing out and allowing the air to be pulled in naturally from the roof vents as the ceiling is uninsulated and unfinished.
You could run a sheet of heavy duty plastic covering your garage door leaving the opening for the fan only blowing outside and have a window open behind you, that should create enough suction and is a common setup used for painting/sanding interiors.