[Princess Auto] 28 inch propane Fire Table $139.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2020 12:16 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
3032 posts
31 upvotes
GTA
Does anyone know what the metal piece is for? Is it to keep the cables separated?

And I think I need a cover or some rust proof paint as this coating easily scratches.
Images
  • 7AC1A9B7-89BF-4AAA-960A-61BD2A8750F5.jpeg
Oct 8, 2005
873 posts
103 upvotes
Anyone having issues starting this thing? I've tried almost eveything. Tank is full all cables connected correctly and tightly. No clue at all anymore.

EDIT, disregard; the tabls came with a faulty propane hose. Swapped out with a new one it work's great.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1319 posts
826 upvotes
UrbanNomad1 wrote: So i am trying to assemble mine, and stuck at step 1 itself!! The M5 x 10 bolts just go in freely. They dont stay there i.e no threads to catch on to. What am i missing. Any help would be awesome
UrbanNomad1 wrote: No other holes that i see. And this is moving freely. Perplexed. I’m sure I’m doing something really stupid here
Something is wrong with your panel. There should be a washer that you screw in so it catches. Similar to the ones on the table legs
Mar 17, 2017
185 posts
73 upvotes
Punky Hunky wrote: Something is wrong with your panel. There should be a washer that you screw in so it catches. Similar to the ones on the table legs
Yeah. That’s clearly missing. So used another workaround.

Having said that, in all likelihood this doesnt meet what i am looking for in terms of dimensions etc. So Kijiji or back to PA it may go.
Mar 17, 2017
185 posts
73 upvotes
Rosico wrote: Does anyone know what the metal piece is for? Is it to keep the cables separated?

And I think I need a cover or some rust proof paint as this coating easily scratches.
The instructions are a hoot aren’t they. Lol. Ask you to turn the table over but images in subsequent steps continue with table upside down.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1319 posts
826 upvotes
Also a heads up. When using it for the first time today some of the lava rocks start to crackle and pop and pieces flew out of the fire pit. Burned some holes on my patio furniture
Mar 17, 2017
185 posts
73 upvotes
Punky Hunky wrote: Also a heads up. When using it for the first time today some of the lava rocks start to crackle and pop and pieces flew out of the fire pit. Burned some holes on my patio furniture
Exactly same!!
Images
  • 514ED156-A9CE-408B-9733-DDAE25D58F82.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9669 posts
3028 upvotes
UrbanNomad1 wrote: Exactly same!!
That's just crazy. I guess thus the price, bad instructions, defective parts, extra parts (no idea what the metal piece is) flying lava rocks. (all the more reason to replace them with glass ones)
The instruction booklet talks about customer service, but there is no number (or maybe I am blind) ...lol
Mar 14, 2016
156 posts
155 upvotes
Ontario
All - I called customer support today because my order was cancelled the 3rd time. They said all inventory and stock has been put on hold as there is an active recall for these fire pits due to an issue. They are not going to sell it anymore.

Those who have got it and are using it - please be careful!
Qui Tacet Consentire Videtur
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1319 posts
826 upvotes
55ab55 wrote: All - I called customer support today because my order was cancelled the 3rd time. They said all inventory and stock has been put on hold as there is an active recall for these fire pits due to an issue. They are not going to sell it anymore.

Those who have got it and are using it - please be careful!
Did they say what the recall was? I didn’t see anything on their site
Mar 14, 2016
156 posts
155 upvotes
Ontario
Punky Hunky wrote: Did they say what the recall was? I didn’t see anything on their site
Nope she did not have any details, just that their system was showing that the item has been recalled and that they can no longer sell the item. Not sure if they are going to actually recall the sold units or not.
Qui Tacet Consentire Videtur
May 22, 2012
147 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary
Punky Hunky wrote: Did they say what the recall was? I didn’t see anything on their site
I called and spoke to PA customer service this morning, they indicated there was voluntary recall due to the packaged lava rock crackling and spitting as some other users have shown here and suggested to use another brand of lava rock or fire rock.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
3032 posts
31 upvotes
GTA
lawsuit time! Seriously though, thanks for this head's up. Time to get other rocks/glass.
May 22, 2012
147 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary
NP, for anyone interested I picked these up from Amazon which has a $10 coupon right now to bring it to $26

Link Here
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3517 posts
1580 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Anybody else getting the runaround with Purolator? I was supposed to receive mine last week, but they've since had 2 reasons for delay, covid... and overweight. it would put my window of receiving it to November....
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Feb 20, 2011
923 posts
309 upvotes
nellium wrote: Anybody else getting the runaround with Purolator? I was supposed to receive mine last week, but they've since had 2 reasons for delay, covid... and overweight. it would put my window of receiving it to November....
Same here stuck at TO sort facility.
Jan 19, 2005
150 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Just received today! What size propane should I get for this?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9669 posts
3028 upvotes
heavenly_i3lue wrote: Just received today! What size propane should I get for this?
20 lb is the only one that will fit in there.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3517 posts
1580 upvotes
'Shwallywood
bobbyg9 wrote: Same here stuck at TO sort facility.
I received mine, of course the Purolator driver is a moron and left it on the walkway in plain view of the road, instead of at the side entrance of the house as instructed. (I live on a major road)
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work