• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2020 10:38 am
[OP]
Oct 24, 2006
140 posts
183 upvotes
Regina

[Princess Auto] 29 to 65 in. Fixed TV Wall Mount Kit $12.31

Princess auto has a fixed tv wall mount for TVs 29 to 65 inches on sale for $12.31 (reg $29.99) with free shipping.
28 replies
Nov 22, 2014
485 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if is there a 200x200 faceplate? Description doesnt say
Apr 14, 2006
748 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Thx +1 , ordered
Nov 24, 2006
391 posts
194 upvotes
london
How do you qualify for free shipping?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9509 posts
2245 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Ordered, cheaper and better than the cheapest ones at PrimeCable, not UL listed tho, need to spend $35 for the Monoprice one for UL.
Oct 31, 2013
562 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote: Ordered, cheaper and better than the cheapest ones at PrimeCable, not UL listed tho, need to spend $35 for the Monoprice one for UL.
Why do you need it to be UL listed ?
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9509 posts
2245 upvotes
Montreal, QC
psxcheater wrote: Why do you need it to be UL listed ?
Weight limits and safety testing from my understanding, the UL one are rated lower for some reason...I wonder why Thinking Face

So I guess manufacturers can put whatever they want on the packaging...
Jun 22, 2009
872 posts
228 upvotes
Kitchener
I never had mount and have quick question:

How important is it to have tilt? Or fixed one is ok 99% of the time?

Thanks
No political messaging in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9509 posts
2245 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Zhopa wrote: I never had mount and have quick question:

How important is it to have tilt? Or fixed one is ok 99% of the time?

Thanks
Depends if you can mount your TV at the proper height, if it's too high, having the option to tilt it down would be nice to have, but there's more knobs and screws to adjust and more to go wrong, also usually sits further away from the wall, for better or worst.

I used my Google-fu, looks like it's the same as the Barkan E30

https://www.amazon.com/Barkan-Fixed-Pla ... WH9WK?th=1
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1842 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote: Weight limits and safety testing from my understanding, the UL one are rated lower for some reason...I wonder why Thinking Face

So I guess manufacturers can put whatever they want on the packaging...
If you're not going to test it, you're better off putting a lower weight limit lol.

Maybe they look at a similar design by a competitor that is actually UL listed and just downrate a certain %.

One thing to note is that the Lag bolts that come with these low priced units are usually really crappy. I'd probably spend the $4 at home depot and pick up some better ones.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9509 posts
2245 upvotes
Montreal, QC
grego9198 wrote: If you're not going to test it, you're better off putting a lower weight limit lol.

Maybe they look at a similar design by a competitor that is actually UL listed and just downrate a certain %.

One thing to note is that the Lag bolts that come with these low priced units are usually really crappy. I'd probably spend the $4 at home depot and pick up some better ones.
I bought some at HD and they also shreared off, bolts use hardened steel so they are more brittle, need to predrill larger holes depending on wood density, smaller on soft, modern SPF but older old growth will need larger holes

There's one in stock at Amazon for $20, no taxes, so its like 5 bucks more
https://www.amazon.ca/Barkan-Fixed-Plas ... 263&sr=8-4