[Princess Auto] 3/8" Drive Torque Wrench $19.99 - Free Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2020 5:49 pm
[OP]
Sep 18, 2008
195 posts
221 upvotes

[Princess Auto] 3/8" Drive Torque Wrench $19.99 - Free Shipping

Was searching Princess Auto for some other random tools and came across this torque wrench which seems like a good deal, saw a few others asking for the 3/8" size in other threads.
44 replies
Oct 20, 2014
106 posts
90 upvotes
Trenton, on
Great price! Anyone else find that setting the torque takes too much effort or am I doing it wrong? I did loosen the screw at the bottom
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2237 posts
432 upvotes
York
Just takes some getting used too. It’s a simple twirl and tighten the bottom bolt to lock in the setting.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Aug 17, 2010
106 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
Thanks, needed one to replace spark plugs.
Apr 29, 2018
80 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Good find... Just a heads up most cars need 90 ftpnds torque to torque up the wheel nuts .
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
Feb 22, 2020
89 posts
195 upvotes
Calgary
neatooo wrote: Great price! Anyone else find that setting the torque takes too much effort or am I doing it wrong? I did loosen the screw at the bottom
I have the powerfist variant of this that I also picked up on sale for 20 bucks. Mine is also stiff while setting the torque, even when I loosen the screw at the bottom. I guess it's just crappy tolerances and quality control. But hey, it works!
Mar 12, 2012
470 posts
327 upvotes
Belleville
Thanks so much. Literally this morning I wanted to change my tires, but I need 80ft/lbs, and my existing torque wrench maxes out at 50.

i wasn't even going to buy one, as they are pretty pricey tools, but for $20, I'm in!
Dec 25, 2014
39 posts
19 upvotes
Boischatel, QC
Just in time!! Thanks OP!!
Feb 22, 2020
89 posts
195 upvotes
Calgary
Xoanan wrote: Thanks so much. Literally this morning I wanted to change my tires, but I need 80ft/lbs, and my existing torque wrench maxes out at 50.

i wasn't even going to buy one, as they are pretty pricey tools, but for $20, I'm in!
Don't use this for lug nuts, it's not meant to be operated at its maximum torque capacity. I'd spend the extra 40 bucks and get the breaker bar + 1/2 inch torque wrench combo from canadian tire.
Oct 20, 2014
106 posts
90 upvotes
Trenton, on
cedarleaf wrote: I have the powerfist variant of this that I also picked up on sale for 20 bucks. Mine is also stiff while setting the torque, even when I loosen the screw at the bottom. I guess it's just crappy tolerances and quality control. But hey, it works!
Yup as long as they work! I wonder how we can calibrate them diy style
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1509 posts
526 upvotes
Montreal
Off topic tire change question, are you allowed to change tires in front of your driveway but on the street? Can't find anything in bylaws. I know it may be city specific but in general?
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9427 posts
8459 upvotes
Markham
th3xeroeagle wrote: Off topic tire change question, are you allowed to change tires in front of your driveway but on the street? Can't find anything in bylaws. I know it may be city specific but in general?
I doubt any by-law officers are gonna show up within the 30min that you’re changing your tire.

Also I highly doubt they care. Ive changed oil on the side of the street.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44544 posts
5113 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anikiri wrote: I doubt any by-law officers are gonna show up within the 30min that you’re changing your tire.

Also I highly doubt they care. Ive changed oil on the side of the street.
If I'm understanding this correctly, you are doing this on the street, as if it was a parked car? If you have a driveway, why would you do this? Not only is it blocking traffic, it's also a danger to yourself.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Dec 29, 2017
477 posts
411 upvotes
Great buy, I have a husky 1/2” for my vehicle but wanted something smaller for spark plugs, even though it’s pretty easy to feel out 20/25lbs of pressure I think. Takes the guess work out, didn’t want to fork out $50 for a little one. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3293 posts
897 upvotes
GTA
Picked up the CT 1/2 + breaker bar already and now might pick this one up to have both. Seems like a solid combo for $80 combined.