• Oct 1st, 2021 11:37 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1980 posts
637 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA

[Princess Auto] 3-Bike Trunk-Mount Rack $29.99

Price look so good, but does this work with CUV with hatch back? Does this work with tail gate tire ?
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 1st, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price and edited title for clarity
4 replies
Apr 29, 2020
121 posts
405 upvotes
I purchased this the last time it was on sale. So far its been great. PIA to load the rack and then the bikes on the rack everytime but does it's job on a regular sedan. The brackets that hold the bikes have to be at an angle rather than just being horizontal as the picture suggests.

As far as CUV, the rack does have that option but the mounting points are too close to glass for my liking (see picture)

If you're going to use it for more than bi-weekly, invest in a hitch mount rack.
Images
  • 1 (1).jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9193 posts
819 upvotes
Just a heads up. I tried this last time, none of my 4 bikes at home fits. I even bought the adaptors from Amazon, still didn't work.....

Note: Three standard mountain bikes from Walmart and CT, and one 18" kid bike.
Jan 22, 2019
78 posts
94 upvotes
Also bought this last time. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. Fits my minivan pretty well, and if you do a good job tightening it then it's pretty secure.

On the other hand, no chance you're getting 3 bikes on it. It took a lot of trial and error to get my bike and my son's bike on at the same time, and a third bike would've had nowhere to go. It's fairly easy to get on and off. I would never leave it on permanently and I don't use it often.
Apr 27, 2017
147 posts
172 upvotes
Ditto what cokenrum said. We bought one for a matrix and adjusted it so it wasn't sitting on the glass. But we've made it work for our needs.

I feel its physically possible to fit 3 bikes but 2 feels like the ease of use number. It's worked well for short drive trips although I would say if you are planning on parking it somewhere and leaving it alone, we didn't see a convenient way of securing our bikes. Ended up just getting a lock with a cable that we could string between the two bikes if we wanted to go get food in canmore or something.