Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] 3-in-One Professional Silicone Lubricant Spray $3.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2020 11:18 pm
Nov 7, 2004
592 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
My van doors are tough to open, what would be a good choice out of the 3 ?
TigerDirect Sucks..
Jun 11, 2013
12 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Just got a bottle from princess auto, scanned at reg price. Cashier applied the discount for $3.99.
Don't need to wait for Oct 27.
Woodbine and highway7 location.
Jul 29, 2016
248 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
tyray0922 wrote: Just got a bottle from princess auto, scanned at reg price. Cashier applied the discount for $3.99.
Don't need to wait for Oct 27.
Woodbine and highway7 location.
Thanks for the info. I went to pickup couple. They put these cans in couple places, the shelf along the cashier area has the most product. Price tag is 3.99 now.
Jan 25, 2013
147 posts
93 upvotes
Thornhill
Is it useful for treadmills?
Oct 14, 2007
373 posts
327 upvotes
Thedford
Great stuff for the weatherstripping around vehicle doors as it keeps the material from sticking to the door jambs. Also give the window tracks a shot where the window rides up and down. I put a couple of drops on the vehicle key and insert it into the door locks and twist to keep it lubricated as well as the ignition switch. Of course people will have different experiences so YMMV. With winter approaching, this is a good time to do this. Don't over apply.
Oct 9, 2013
373 posts
74 upvotes
Calgary
Which one out of 3 for the weather strips on doors...
Jun 15, 2015
111 posts
46 upvotes
Winnipeg,MB
I was wondering if compared with WD40 which one is better?
Sep 7, 2002
984 posts
464 upvotes
Ugh, just bought a mini cube storage unit there today.. would have picked up a few of these if I knew.. sigh.

Oh, I misread.. it starts 27th.. so wouldn't have made a diff haha
Oct 9, 2013
373 posts
74 upvotes
Calgary
darcyh wrote: Great stuff for the weatherstripping around vehicle doors as it keeps the material from sticking to the door jambs. Also give the window tracks a shot where the window rides up and down. I put a couple of drops on the vehicle key and insert it into the door locks and twist to keep it lubricated as well as the ignition switch. Of course people will have different experiences so YMMV. With winter approaching, this is a good time to do this. Don't over apply.
Which one out of 3 for the weather strips on doors...
Jun 13, 2011
704 posts
333 upvotes
amb0171 wrote: Which one out of 3 for the weather strips on doors...
Silicone. I believe white lithium for the hinges.
Dec 12, 2010
183 posts
77 upvotes
lmx116 wrote: Yeah, I remember replacing that white plastic gear once every couple years in my chain opener. Is that still the case for the belt one?
My belt drive chamberlain unit had a large red warning sticker on it when I installed it that said "do not add any grease or lube to the belt or sprocket"
Nov 18, 2008
708 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
I know it says to use for hinges, almost all my doors squeak inside. Is there any concern using the lithium grease spray indoor? I’m referring to the fume? One door I get, but if I have to lube like 5-10 doors.

So far I’ve only been using it for garage door.
Oct 14, 2007
373 posts
327 upvotes
Thedford
amb0171 wrote: Which one out of 3 for the weather strips on doors...
I should have been more clear, sorry. I was referring to the silicone.
Oct 14, 2007
373 posts
327 upvotes
Thedford
samguan wrote: I know it says to use for hinges, almost all my doors squeak inside. Is there any concern using the lithium grease spray indoor? I’m referring to the fume? One door I get, but if I have to lube like 5-10 doors.
If you are referring to the doors inside your home, I get the best and longest lasting results using oil. Almost any type like 3 in one for example. I don't use sprays; they tend to over spray on to surfaces where you do not want them to go. Here's what works for me. With the door open and hinges exposed apply a drop of oil (just a drop) at top of hinge below the head of the pin, then a tiny amount at each pivot point on the hinge. Do this on each hinge. Swing the door several times to work the oil into the hinge. Remove any excess oil with a rag or paper towel appropriately disposing of it. Check the floor and clean up any oil that may have dripped on to it. Over time the oil will seep through the hinge. Check it again a day or two later and remove any excess. The door should stay quite for a long time. Good luck.
Dec 3, 2011
30 posts
7 upvotes
DUNDAS
Does Can Tire price match this since Princess auto is quiet far from me?
May 24, 2007
590 posts
636 upvotes
Kelowna
samguan wrote: I know it says to use for hinges, almost all my doors squeak inside. Is there any concern using the lithium grease spray indoor? I’m referring to the fume? One door I get, but if I have to lube like 5-10 doors.

So far I’ve only been using it for garage door.
Read a trick a few years back about using Pledge for inside door hinges. My doors squeaked terribly and was about to use some oil but looked onlne for tips. Oil can be problematic since it can collect dust and form a buildup over time that can stain wood and whatever brushes against it.

Silicone spray is cleaner but if you get it on the paint or wood it could make subsequent repaints give you swirls and fisheyes.

Pledge is simply a wax so no stains and all my doors are going on 3 years (the bathroom doors started making noise this year so I resprayed them). Of course try not to get the spray everywhere (I took a sheet of paper and scissors and made a quick cut as a template and it worked well. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2525 posts
357 upvotes
Durham Region
Mind blown 🤯🤯🤯 lol
njchan wrote: what happened when you read the actual ad? "high performance penetrant spray"? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4689 posts
1165 upvotes
Wat
Thanks op, picked up a silicone, white lithium and penetrator today.