Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] 3-in-One Professional Silicone Lubricant Spray $3.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2020 11:18 pm
Nov 5, 2018
251 posts
210 upvotes
dazman09 wrote: My belt drive chamberlain unit had a large red warning sticker on it when I installed it that said "do not add any grease or lube to the belt or sprocket"
I think the difference is the belt vs. the internal gears. The internal gears will be the same on a belt or chain drive unit. The difference is only the sprocket and belt or chain, and lubricating a belt could cause it to slip, unlike a chain drive which requires lubrication.
Sep 25, 2019
394 posts
528 upvotes
darcyh wrote: If you are referring to the doors inside your home, I get the best and longest lasting results using oil. Almost any type like 3 in one for example. I don't use sprays; they tend to over spray on to surfaces where you do not want them to go. Here's what works for me. With the door open and hinges exposed apply a drop of oil (just a drop) at top of hinge below the head of the pin, then a tiny amount at each pivot point on the hinge. Do this on each hinge. Swing the door several times to work the oil into the hinge. Remove any excess oil with a rag or paper towel appropriately disposing of it. Check the floor and clean up any oil that may have dripped on to it. Over time the oil will seep through the hinge. Check it again a day or two later and remove any excess. The door should stay quite for a long time. Good luck.
Our garage guy uses Fluid Film. The savings are small compared to the work.
Aug 9, 2013
284 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
One small drop of oil top, every joint and bottom with 3in1 oil dropper. Both closed and opened from the other side. Work it with several full opening and closings. Wipe down. Wipe them down again in a few days. Again in another few days. Don't worry, any oil you get on the cloth/paper is excess. Whatever oil you got into the pin/barrel/flats is too little to drip. Maybe 5-10% of the oil you put on actually cappillaried into the pin/barrel/flat...and will stay there.

You won't get thorough oiling, but good enough to stop most squeaks.

BTW....the BEST lubricating oil is transmission oil. Unfortunately it's red and will contaminate everything. At work, I buy a can of the cheapest brand and lubricate machinery joints or slides. If you are feeling brave.....use for your door hinges.

(EDIT....vape shops have steel needle nosed bottle droppers. About 50 cents a piece. Best thing ever for depositing and controlling droplets. Just keep them in a very safe place if you have kids.)
Nov 7, 2018
123 posts
134 upvotes
Ottawa
Went to HD this morning to grab some in orleans (Ottawa East).

The cashier won't PM- 10%
Stating " their not a direct competitor like Lowe's Home improvement, Rona, Canadian tire."

I was like your website has exactly exclusion forms and princess auto doesn't fit that.

She is like princess auto is like a car store right?

Im like, Anyone who sells this product is your competitor.

She didnt buy it. So no PM-10%
Images
  • 20201027_075934.jpg
Jul 16, 2015
369 posts
171 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
bizzyseller wrote: Great lubricants for the price. Pick up a trio (penetrant, silicone, lithium) for everyday home use.

Please support Princess Auto. Pay it forward to a great Canadian Company that was there for us during the lockdowns (free shipping, curbside, continuing their flyers).
Their no hassle return policy is bar none the best in the business. I thought Lee valley's was as good, but you literally can return anything anytime. Just don't abuse the policy rfders.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1150 posts
334 upvotes
Hamilton
wildmen wrote: I was wondering if compared with WD40 which one is better?
wd40 works for me
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28009 posts
8448 upvotes
ATLien69 wrote: LOL I read it as "3-in-One Personal Silicone Lubricant Spray" for some reason.....I think I need my morning coffee
LOL I was wondering how many people were going to "read" that :lol:
darcyh wrote: If you are referring to the doors inside your home, I get the best and longest lasting results using oil. Almost any type like 3 in one for example. I don't use sprays; they tend to over spray on to surfaces where you do not want them to go. Here's what works for me. With the door open and hinges exposed apply a drop of oil (just a drop) at top of hinge below the head of the pin, then a tiny amount at each pivot point on the hinge. Do this on each hinge. Swing the door several times to work the oil into the hinge. Remove any excess oil with a rag or paper towel appropriately disposing of it. Check the floor and clean up any oil that may have dripped on to it. Over time the oil will seep through the hinge. Check it again a day or two later and remove any excess. The door should stay quite for a long time. Good luck.
Agreed, said something along those lines on a similar thread about car door hinges recently. However I recommend synthetic motor oil--it tends to last even longer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6442 posts
2825 upvotes
The silicone spray is great for waterproofing leather boots - and a heck of a lot less expensive than the stuff that is labelled for the purpose.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19932 posts
4517 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
plymouthhater wrote: The silicone spray is great for waterproofing leather boots - and a heck of a lot less expensive than the stuff that is labelled for the purpose.
I'd be wary of this use. Leather normally breathes, and silicone will just cause you to get sweaty feet.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2743 posts
753 upvotes
Scarborough
samguan wrote: I know it says to use for hinges, almost all my doors squeak inside. Is there any concern using the lithium grease spray indoor? I’m referring to the fume? One door I get, but if I have to lube like 5-10 doors.

So far I’ve only been using it for garage door.
Unhinge door starting with the bottom.

Scoop out half a teaspoon of Vaseline, use Q-tip to apply a small dollop at the top cavity and snake the tip a few times.

Swing door a few times to distribute the grease. Repeat for the top hinge.

Cheap and just as effective.
Mar 22, 2012
230 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
what's the difference in usage between these 2?

penetrant, silicone