• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 11:16 pm
[OP]
Jan 14, 2008
373 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto

[Princess Auto] 3 Ton SUV Trolley Jack - $74.99 (Mar 31-Apr 12) FREE Shipping*

3 Ton SUV Trolley Jack - $74.99 (Mar 31 - Apr 12)
-I was able to order online today (mar 30 before the stated sale date)
-FREE Shipping (*shipping costs up to $100 are instantly credited back during checkout)

-Price-wise pretty decent for swapping out seasonal wheel changeovers
-Princess auto has a generous return/warranty policy

-Powerfist - Princess Auto's house-brand
-60° rotating handle.
-An extension adapter raises the max. lift height to 20-7/8 in. when needed , 17-1/8" max lift without the extension.
-Steel construction
-46 lbs weight

Lift Capacity (ton) 3 tons
Lift Capacity (lb) 6,000 lb
Min. Lift Height (in.) 5-7/8 in.
Max. Lift Height (in.) 20-7/8 (with extension adapter) in.
Saddle Size (in.) 2-3/16 in.
Handle Size (in.) 24-7/16 in.
Wheel Size (in.) 3 in.
Material Steel
Finish Powder coated

See the Q&A and reviews section on the PA product webpage for more info

edit:
found a similar product being sold rebranded as a BIG RED jack (made by TORIN) on the US home depot website for $77 USD, so the PA CAD$ sale price with free shipping is indeed pretty good.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Big-Red-3-T ... 595886-_-N

Edit2
Added user guide
https://images11.palcdn.com/hlr-system/ ... l_enfr.pdf
Last edited by gc99 on Apr 2nd, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
88 replies
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1262 posts
439 upvotes
46lbs for all steel construction.

The Arcane 3-ton Aluminum jack I believe is more heavy than this.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1236 posts
588 upvotes
Scarborough
Ive been eyeing the “Torin 3-ton Professional-grade Low-profile Rapid-lift Floor Jack” from Costco for $149.

Tempted with this deal, can anyone vouch or comment on this floor jack?

Edit: Max height on the Torin is higher vs this one. I guess I’ll pass on this. Good deal though.
Oct 14, 2015
113 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
I personally wouldn’t go with Torin - recently their hydraulic jacks have gone downhill. Also wouldn’t risk a no name jack to jack up my car. Sure there’s a warranty but that doesn’t cover your car falling.
Mar 2, 2014
117 posts
686 upvotes
Halifax
Thanks OP!! will order one, very nice that it also has an extension adapter included.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2591 posts
987 upvotes
QC, Canada
TimTaylor wrote: I personally wouldn’t go with Torin - recently their hydraulic jacks have gone downhill. Also wouldn’t risk a no name jack to jack up my car. Sure there’s a warranty but that doesn’t cover your car falling.
Usually you just jack your car then secure it with candle (jackstand, sorry my english isn't that good). If it fail while your jacking it it should drop on his wheel so no harm, until your do your work ONLY on the jack, which is DANGEROUS
Last edited by koontzy on Mar 30th, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 14, 2015
113 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
koontzy wrote: Usually you just jack your car then secure it with candle. If it fail while your jacking it it should drop on his wheel so no harm, until your do your work ONLY on the jack, which is DANGEROUS
Candle? Use jack stands. Also wheel chocks. I’m discussing the quality of the jack and not doing a DIY tutorial.
[OP]
Jan 14, 2008
373 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
mab4u2 wrote: How do these compare with the CDN tire 3 ton on sale? hopefully link works , Height I am flexible on
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/moto ... c=true#spc
the one you have posted starts about 1/2" lower (if you have a low car, and it has a longer 2-piece handle) and goes up to 18"+
the one in this thread goes higher 20"+ with the extension, and saves over $50 after tax than the other one, and free shipping so you don't have to go to the store ;-)
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1439 posts
453 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
I have the 'Big Red' version which I believe is the same jack but rebranded. Been great for 2 years so far
Jul 18, 2011
68 posts
16 upvotes
CAMBRIDGE
Thanks, for what I need , may as well save the $50 and go with princess auto's.
Oct 5, 2017
339 posts
101 upvotes
bizzyseller wrote: 46lbs for all steel construction.

The Arcane 3-ton Aluminum jack I believe is more heavy than this.
46lbs vs 59lbs. Definitely lighter. Is this supposed to be enough? I will only use jack for changing tires 2x year and I have a sedan.
Oct 15, 2012
303 posts
312 upvotes
Sudbury
From decades of experience; People put their lives on the line all the time using hydraulic jacks of sorts with no safety supports in case the jack/s fail and they occasionally do fail. The reason I'm weighing in on this subject is first of all I experienced first hand an incident in high school auto class where my 1972 Datsun station-wagon had a jack failure caused by bleeding down slowly--I was under vehicle and didn't realize until it was too late where i got pinned and squeezing occurred--I managed to yell out and students in class ran out to lift car off me--I took an ear full and deserved it-- instead of taking a few seconds to put safety stands under vehicle, I took a chance---lesson learned- never again. A more recent incident; our vol fire service received a emergency call for someone trapped under vehicle-- the wife came out of her house to call her husband in for lunch and noticed him pinned under vehicle; it was already too late--typically you succumb to suffocation. He failed to take a few seconds to place jack stands, that were sitting close to vehicle, under it for some unknown reason.

Again from experience working under vehicles for decades- Try to work on level area to start; wheel chock as many wheels as possible and note that once you lift a vehicle where the wheels are part of transmission parking, the vehicle is free to move (even if just 1 wheel is off ground); jack vehicle on solid ground--if soft, put support under jack--nothing worse than a jack starting to lean while jacking and falling sideways--damages jack and possibly vehicle--- Once you get vehicle safely off ground, place jack stands (on secure ground again) under vehicle by reaching under (without putting your body under) by arm's length only and place jack as tight to frame as possible. Keep jack stands as equal height if possible to keep vehicle level. Before crawling under vehicle, lower lift jack a bit till frame is secured against jack stands--leave jack lift in place as well if possible with pressure against vehicle. As an added measure, I will slide a wheel under vehicle just for added comfort--- so now you should have vehicle on level, solid ground, chocks in place unless all wheels off, jacks stands secured, leveled against frame/jack points, and lift jack left in place, under some pressure, if possible. Oh and make sure jack stands are in good condition (no weld cracks, etc.) and proper tonnage rating for vehicle you're supporting. Getting under a vehicle being held with a jack lift only is gambling with your life and playing Russian Roulette. Have a safe, happy day! :)
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2004
1115 posts
140 upvotes
GTA
Just ordered to replace my 2 ton jack. Thx OP!
Mar 2, 2014
117 posts
686 upvotes
Halifax
It is people like you whose wisdom is an added benefit of RFD. Thank you!