• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 6:27 pm
[OP]
May 8, 2006
272 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto

[Princess Auto] 350W Electric Fat Bike - $1199

Nothing special but good find during Covid time....
350W 36V 10.5Ah drive system
Disc brake, Shimano Tourney gears.
Probably the lowest price Fat bike on the market.
Easy return policy!
Images
  • 8907636.jpg
30 replies
Oct 13, 2016
545 posts
668 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
Nice find OP. Hope some people comment on ride experience.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2749 posts
2643 upvotes
Badbrad wrote: Nice find OP. Hope some people comment on ride experience.
There's also reviews on the product page.

16 available
Aug 17, 2015
332 posts
483 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
5" tire capable is somewhat rare for cheaper fat bikes. Interesting
Jul 11, 2006
126 posts
73 upvotes
I see not lith battery.

The battery looks rather small for a bike of this type. I own an ebike with lith battery. I love it. Lith batteries are more expensive and much lighter.
[OP]
May 8, 2006
272 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
Battery is Lithium Ions. Yes... battery is small at 10.5Ah. Typical fat bike would have a 48/56v 14Ah battery pack.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7298 posts
3460 upvotes
Canuckland
Not bad given that people tend to jack the prices up at this time
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5034 posts
2722 upvotes
GTA
thenewalkapone wrote: I see not lith battery.

The battery looks rather small for a bike of this type. I own an ebike with lith battery. I love it. Lith batteries are more expensive and much lighter.
What kind of battery do you expect for a $1200 ebike?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2334 posts
2374 upvotes
Ottawa
It's almost worth saving money for one that has a larger battery (a good chunk of the cost) and motor. Unless you're not planning on ever going far; plus not sure how long you'll keep whatever capacity there is before it starts degrading.
Sep 25, 2010
237 posts
171 upvotes
As someone who doesn't know what a fat bike is I initially thought it was for weight loss especially with the Covid
Oct 1, 2006
99 posts
196 upvotes
calgary
66 lbs weight - that is quite heavy so you better not be lifting this much
Oct 13, 2016
545 posts
668 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
wonder how this would battery would perform out in the cold?
May 28, 2013
607 posts
423 upvotes
Laval, QC
klowe wrote: 80 lbs weight - that is quite heavy so you better not be lifting this anywhere
I think that 80lbs is the package weight and not the ebike alone...
Confirmed bike weight 66lbs which is normal for a fat bike.
May 28, 2013
607 posts
423 upvotes
Laval, QC
Badbrad wrote: wonder how this would battery would perform out in the cold?
Forget the cold season with that bike/battery combo... battery is way too weak...
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
4210 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
I saw this in store, the tires are gigantic. 5" is a full 1" wider than normal fat bikes which just causes more drag with zero benefit unless you ride exclusively on sand.

You get what you pay for: build quality is sub par. I used to have an ebike with cable disc brakes like this bike and regretted it: I had to squeeze really hard at every stop cuz of all the extra weight & speed.

Got a new ebike with hydraulic disc brakes and wow what a difference. It's not just about being more comfortable during rides but hydraulic brakes will stop faster in emergencies too.

Oh ya the brake levers for this bike are setup for asian countries, so the right side controls the front brakes.
Aug 17, 2012
411 posts
540 upvotes
Victoria
HKPolice wrote: I saw this in store, the tires are gigantic. 5" is a full 1" wider than normal fat bikes which just causes more drag with zero benefit unless you ride exclusively on sand.

You get what you pay for: build quality is sub par. I used to have an ebike with cable disc brakes like this bike and regretted it: I had to squeeze really hard at every stop cuz of all the extra weight & speed.

Got a new ebike with hydraulic disc brakes and wow what a difference. It's not just about being more comfortable during rides but hydraulic brakes will stop faster in emergencies too.

Oh ya the brake levers for this bike are setup for asian countries, so the right side controls the front brakes.
I have a Radpower Radrover and the cable disc brakes are fine. You can even pull rear tire slides if you want... Brakes can easily be adjusted. Obviously hydraulic brakes are an upgrade but they're definitely not necessary.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7880 posts
8844 upvotes
Montréal
I'd guess that all those who downvoted for "Bad product/service" already own one of this, and can comment why it is a bad product please? ;) ;)