4-Person Ice Fishing Hut $74.93

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2023 3:11 am
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18580 posts
13391 upvotes
Markham
I have a $15 off $75 coupon if someone wants it - FREE as I have no use for it.

Pick up in Markham [Woodbine/14th Ave] during work hours not that far from the Markham store. pm me.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Mar 21, 2008
346 posts
57 upvotes
Edmonton
How would this hut be for camping?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5562 posts
3052 upvotes
Toronto
hijacker wrote: How would this hut be for camping?
Suitable as an outhouse with a portapotty, shower or change room or even somewhere to store equipment etc in the rain.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4353 posts
10246 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
Jordanferras wrote: I just bought an IR sauna but theres a few posts I came across where people turn these into steam saunas

Its been a bad year for ice fishing. Too warm unfortunately
WARNING DO NOT TRY THIS ON ICE

Nov 9, 2014
778 posts
789 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
poopooplatter wrote: Can someone explain to me the appeal of this "sport"?
There is this magical place that is away from your keyboard. It's called the "Out of Doors". Google it, you might find some social media posts where people will have made short videos about that place. Watch them and be amazed!
Apr 20, 2017
264 posts
455 upvotes
sks8100 wrote: What happens if the ice cracks. You and your tent will go under

Wallet safe
Lol...

What happens if you are driving to the store and you get hit by a cement truck?
What happens if you buy this and then walk out of the store, just to have someone rip it out of your hands?
What happens if you catch a fish and its so strong it pulls you through the hole and you disappear?

Wallet safe...
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18580 posts
13391 upvotes
Markham
2Riskit wrote: WARNING DO NOT TRY THIS ON ICE

That's a real pop up sauna kit. It is not a video of fishing hut converted to sauna.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2288 posts
1932 upvotes
foz240 wrote: Lol...

What happens if you buy this and then walk out of the store, just to have someone rip it out of your hands?
What happens if you catch a fish and its so strong it pulls you through the hole and you disappear?

Wallet safe...
Stop being so dramatic. Stick to the context here. I’m pretty fat on days I eat a lot: I’d be concerned about falling through and then not having the stamina to swim out. I will entertain your questions as they intrigue me

I would negotiate a free cement for life contract with the company

I guess ice fishing wasn’t meant to be

I guess the fish eats me. At least I can say I tried it before freezing to death.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3110 posts
2065 upvotes
ontario
if you're scared of being on the ice, why are you in a thread about ice fishing gear?

these types of portable huts are fine if you don't plan on moving around and the price on this one's good

the flipovers are much better if you are mobile; be it walking or towing with an atv/sled
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3656 posts
4272 upvotes
Prince George
sks8100 wrote: Stop being so dramatic. Stick to the context here. I’m pretty fat on days I eat a lot: I’d be concerned about falling through and then not having the stamina to swim out. I will entertain your questions as they intrigue me
The serious answer is that you don't go out on the ice unless it's thick enough to guarantee supporting your weight. At least 4" is the standard guideline.

Lots of people push the limits and some die every year but if you actually check the ice and stay off if it's too thin then there is approximately zero risk.
Apr 20, 2017
264 posts
455 upvotes
sks8100 wrote: Stop being so dramatic. Stick to the context here. I’m pretty fat on days I eat a lot: I’d be concerned about falling through and then not having the stamina to swim out. I will entertain your questions as they intrigue me

I guess the fish eats me. At least I can say I tried it before freezing to death.
Like others said, you don't go on the ice if it isn't safe.

I am going fishing this weekend with reports of 16+ inches of ice. That is enough to hold a full size pickup truck.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
3110 posts
2065 upvotes
ontario
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: The serious answer is that you don't go out on the ice unless it's thick enough to guarantee supporting your weight. At least 4" is the standard guideline.

Lots of people push the limits and some die every year but if you actually check the ice and stay off if it's too thin then there is approximately zero risk.
it's important to be familiar with bodies of water and how ice forms on them. there's a saying that there's no such thing as safe ice and i think there's some merit to that. i would never suggest a newbie go out on 4"

4" can turn into 1" pretty quickly in an area of current or dark bottom for instance.
Mar 10, 2012
323 posts
325 upvotes
THORNHILL
sirLYZ wrote: This fits at most 3 people. If it's windy outside with gusts, it will blow away. Holding it with heavy stuff might work, but last season this tent flew right over us. We luckily caught it and didn't have to chase it down the river.
Was it not anchored?

Pro tip - put an anchor in the ice and tie it off before you pop it up...
Mar 20, 2019
398 posts
858 upvotes

Dec 31, 2011
335 posts
399 upvotes
ETOBICOKE

Wallet safe
Well your wallet wouldn't be safe if you fell through the ice as it would go down with you. Unless you left it in the car.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
2749 posts
3810 upvotes
Barrie, ON
brianl999 wrote: Was it not anchored?

Pro tip - put an anchor in the ice and tie it off before you pop it up...
You aren't anchoring this type of popup hut down before opening it up. Setting this type of hut up when it's real windy out isn't exactly fun.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1833 posts
411 upvotes
Winnipeg

Wallet safe
Swim
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2288 posts
1932 upvotes
esoxhntr wrote: if you're scared of being on the ice, why are you in a thread about ice fishing gear?

these types of portable huts are fine if you don't plan on moving around and the price on this one's good

the flipovers are much better if you are mobile; be it walking or towing with an atv/sled
Are you an RFD newbie? You think the topics relate to purchasing always? We all buy stuff we think we need when we aren’t sure what it is exactly