• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2019 7:37 am
[OP]
Mar 15, 2003
713 posts
194 upvotes
toronto

[Princess Auto] 48" Clamp and Cutting Guide for Circular saws

Princess Auto has the 48" clamp and cutting guide for $12.99 . Seems like a good deal for the average weekend warrior and a good tool to have around if you have a circular saw or need to straight cut. Lots available at Princess auto Markham. Woodbine/Hwy7
Images
  • Screenshot_20190723-085012_Flipp.jpg
  • IMG-20190723-WA0004.jpg
38 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3142 posts
2203 upvotes
Ottawa
Saw this in the flyer yesterday and was actually considering getting one for the occasional work around the house. Looks like a handy item, some of the reviews mentioned the clamp becoming loose over time but for the price, people are willing to put up with it.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11185 posts
10513 upvotes
Oakville
thesober wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 11:54 am
Princess Auto has the 48" clamp and cutting guide for $12.99 . Seems like a good deal for the average weekend warrior and a good tool to have around if you have a circular saw or need to straight cut. Lots available at Princess auto Markham. Woodbine/Hwy7
Damn, I wish the was a store near me. I could totally use this.
Feb 23, 2010
451 posts
190 upvotes
EDMONTON
gumby wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 12:41 pm
Saw this in the flyer yesterday and was actually considering getting one for the occasional work around the house. Looks like a handy item, some of the reviews mentioned the clamp becoming loose over time but for the price, people are willing to put up with it.
I'll be honest, I bought one of these when I got started with DIY. Years later and fully tooled out, I'd recommend building these instead and skipping this annoying thing. It just sits clamped to a shelf in my garage and never gets touched now.
Make your own track guide, then you never have to measure and double measure where the cut line is and still be a little off.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/tools/sa ... ng-guides/
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3142 posts
2203 upvotes
Ottawa
r22yu wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 1:32 pm
I'll be honest, I bought one of these when I got started with DIY. Years later and fully tooled out, I'd recommend building these instead and skipping this annoying thing. It just sits clamped to a shelf in my garage and never gets touched now.
Make your own track guide, then you never have to measure and double measure where the cut line is and still be a little off.

Thanks for the idea. I usually clamp a straight edge to a work piece before cutting and was thinking that this tool would save me the time setting up. If the quality is not there or it won't get used then I'll probably skip it.
Oct 2, 2018
90 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
I am going to have to go and take a peak, for the price going to be hard to not pick one up.

I have been using a long level and clamping to the material to make the long cuts, but have always wanted one of these things. If it looks sturdy enough i am going to pick up.

Thanks for posting, would never have come across this otherwise.

Cheers.
Blitz
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1648 upvotes
Anyone know where to get reasonable priced clamps?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6388 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
aquariaguy wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 2:14 pm
Anyone know where to get reasonable priced clamps?
Lots of used ones on Kijiji usually.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1625 posts
125 upvotes
Thanks 0P, just grabbed one... still have plenty in stock
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7210 posts
2458 upvotes
Markham
r22yu wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 1:32 pm

If you clamp to of them parallel, you've created a track saw with that circular saw.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jul 24, 2005
193 posts
58 upvotes
GTA
MTommy wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2019 5:17 pm
Just buy 2 C Clamps and use your 4' level.
Yup, way more useful.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1881 posts
324 upvotes
Burlington
The doing yourself is a good idea. And you can make it so 1 edge is for one side of your saw and the other side is for the other side. Less measuring from straight edge to blade.

I purchased the leevally version of this clamp at princess auto and haven't used it as much as I thought I would.