• Jan 5th, 2021 11:25 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9145 posts
10495 upvotes

[Princess Auto] 5-Shelf Galvanized Steel Shelving Unit 36x18x72 $49.99

https://www.princessauto.com/en/5-shelf ... 0008533846

A perfect storage solution for your home, garage or shop. It features galvanized-steel construction with a bolt-free design and MDF shelves. Each shelf holds up to 385 lb.

Feature(s)
Galvanized-steel construction for rust resistance and long-lasting durability. Bolt-free design for easy assembly. MDF shelves are economical, yet durable. Each shelf holds up to 385 lb.

17 replies
Oct 10, 2011
143 posts
239 upvotes
Mississauga
Great deal OP. Making a storage solution for my basement and garage.

In for 10!
Oct 11, 2018
497 posts
719 upvotes
ON
I think I bought this same or similar item last year when COVID broke out and Princezs Auto offered free shipping, the price was $39 back then if I'm not wrong.

Solid and sturdy shelf btw, saves a lot of garage space
Apr 29, 2020
69 posts
165 upvotes
I purchased these last time they were on sale. Been holding out great so far!

Just heads up; they don't really come with instructions but pretty easy to figure out by building a base first.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1333 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any coatings on the surface of mdf shelves?

Some racking shelves are particle board with melamine coating. Which make them easy to clean or provide some protection again accidental water damage
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1829 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
got 3 of these in my garage highly recommend
Nov 8, 2011
878 posts
406 upvotes
NEPEAN
Looks like a good deal.

For something a bit more aesthetically-pleasing, depending on where you want to use it, the Canadian tire shelf goes on half price from time to time - 330 lbs capacity per shelf and only 16" deep (versus 385 and 18"), but the finish is much nicer than galvanized.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... s#store=34
Feb 16, 2006
988 posts
154 upvotes
Mississauga
nickwa wrote: Looks like a good deal.

For something a bit more aesthetically-pleasing, depending on where you want to use it, the Canadian tire shelf goes on half price from time to time - 330 lbs capacity per shelf and only 16" deep (versus 385 and 18"), but the finish is much nicer than galvanized.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... s#store=34

I bought 2 of the CT ones when they went on sale for BF - honestly debating whether I should buy 2 of these and return the CT ones. I have a $15 coupon for PA, so would bring the price down to 42.49 each and these give me an extra 2 inches per unit.
Planning to throw them in my basement for storage. Decisions, decisions.
Nov 12, 2014
269 posts
200 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Ordered one and coupled it with the bike pulley from the other thread. Thank you OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3593 posts
1000 upvotes
Canada
a_souljah wrote: I bought 2 of the CT ones when they went on sale for BF - honestly debating whether I should buy 2 of these and return the CT ones. I have a $15 coupon for PA, so would bring the price down to 42.49 each and these give me an extra 2 inches per unit.
is it a generic coupon or one time use only?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9145 posts
10495 upvotes
a_souljah wrote: I bought 2 of the CT ones when they went on sale for BF - honestly debating whether I should buy 2 of these and return the CT ones. I have a $15 coupon for PA, so would bring the price down to 42.49 each and these give me an extra 2 inches per unit.
If it's the PAFORGE coupon... I believe that's now expired
Feb 16, 2006
988 posts
154 upvotes
Mississauga
badsha wrote: is it a generic coupon or one time use only?
One time use coupon
Wizard1 wrote: If it's the PAFORGE coupon... I believe that's now expired
No, I buy from PA non-stop these days, and with one of my parcels, they sent me a one-time use coupon for $15 off my next purchase.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4586 posts
1069 upvotes
Richmond Hill
How does it assemble if it's bolt free? Also is there FS?
Jun 22, 2016
154 posts
84 upvotes
Any Recommended Filler for free shipping ?
Sep 4, 2008
164 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
The unit is assembled using metal tabs and slots using a mallet or other blunt object. Downwards gravity and friction hold the shelves in place, The entire shelving unit is somewhat flimsy when it is not loaded but gets more stable since gravity presses the shelves downwards. Once assembled moving the shelf is a little tricky because you shouldn't lift the unit by the shelves, since they might come off. The metal edges are pretty sharp and when i was assembling my brain thought it would be really easy to have a freak accident and impale myself.

For the price, these are great units. The unit can actually be separated into two shorter racks, so you have about two 36" high racks.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4586 posts
1069 upvotes
Richmond Hill
coo_rew wrote: The unit is assembled using metal tabs and slots using a mallet or other blunt object. Downwards gravity and friction hold the shelves in place, The entire shelving unit is somewhat flimsy when it is not loaded but gets more stable since gravity presses the shelves downwards. Once assembled moving the shelf is a little tricky because you shouldn't lift the unit by the shelves, since they might come off. The metal edges are pretty sharp and when i was assembling my brain thought it would be really easy to have a freak accident and impale myself.

For the price, these are great units. The unit can actually be separated into two shorter racks, so you have about two 36" high racks.
Thanks. That helped a lot. Ordered 2.
Jun 7, 2017
502 posts
2050 upvotes
Ottawa
The reviews on the website tell that a lot people got it for $39.