[Princess Auto] 500K BTU Propane Torch $24.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 9:19 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7445 posts
2673 upvotes
Markham
Was going to post this deal as well. FYI they also have a welding blanket on sale....good for those who do low and slow smoking with their Weber Kettle during the winter as this will help hold temps.

10' x 10' for $40

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -prod-com3
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jul 8, 2014
297 posts
148 upvotes
AB
thanks op, a few weeks ago I was trying to buy this at reg price in my local store, but it was sold out. I held off ordering online because of the shipping costs, however I just checked and my local store is restocked, going to pick one up after work

For wondering, I am planning to lay sod but have lots of weeds in my topsoil so i'm going to use this to burn the weeds in the dirt.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
2701 posts
502 upvotes
Markham
Any sale in Toronto on propane tank?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2724 posts
1531 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Roll wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 7:01 pm
Any sale in Toronto on propane tank?
If you have a Costco membership, keep a lookout for tanks on clearance. IIRC, they were $10 off at end of season last year.
I waffled last Fall because I wasn't sure when the older of my two 20lb tanks expired. (Of course it was August 2019 Crying Face)
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3371 posts
1378 upvotes
Ontario
I have one and it works well though I've not yet managed the fine art of having it not go out when turned up.

Torching weeds is just a matter of slowly moving back and forth over the weeds. it doesn't take very long, you don't need to burn the weeds just heat them to break down the cells.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Jul 26, 2008
273 posts
229 upvotes
Montreal
I got the model with the piezo starter. brought out the propane tank and fired her up !. What a surprise. I was not expecting the jet engine noise this makes with throttle open.
Made a video I wanted to post but I won't, my son was commenting on the dangers of this thing.

I don't want my wife to see this or child services to take my kids away.

This device is very dangerous as the flame is wide, this is not a surgical device with a tight flame.

In order to use this safely you would need a 3 foot radius of fire proof brick !
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6051 posts
2089 upvotes
naimc wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 11:20 am
I got the model with the piezo starter. brought out the propane tank and fired her up !. What a surprise. I was not expecting the jet engine noise this makes with throttle open.
Made a video I wanted to post but I won't, my son was commenting on the dangers of this thing.

This device is very dangerous as the flame is wide, this is not a surgical device with a tight flame.

In order to use this safely you would need a 3 foot radius of fire proof brick !
You can vary the output with the adjustment knob vs the lever which is full "blast" mode.
Also you can adjust the valve on the propane tank to limit the max output of the torch when using the lever.
Sep 17, 2002
883 posts
212 upvotes
just used it over the weekend on my parents garden....stopped once after 2min but then it worked for an hour non stop ... worth the money IMO

it is loud when on full blast....turned it down to low and got as much as possible with initial step...didn't want fire truck to come by...

likely do a few more rounds before end of the year.

gonna use it on souvs vide as well - faster crust.

hate using my small red dragon ...only use it small tight spaces now.

has 10ft cord which is nice but as always be careful and have hose handy
Mar 17, 2015
255 posts
334 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
sirxterminator wrote:
Aug 31st, 2019 6:28 am
farmers in Amazonia
Farmers in Saskatchewan, Alberta, hell, anywhere TBH!
Smile at strangers... joy is easier to spread than misery (unless the stranger offers you candy, then run like hell!).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6243 posts
93 upvotes
naimc wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 11:20 am

Well shit now I really want one!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1789 posts
451 upvotes
Calgary
keyser-soze wrote:
Aug 30th, 2019 7:51 am
Also good for searing your sous vide steaks
I was actually thinking that... is it really?
Aug 3, 2005
133 posts
119 upvotes
x
MafiaHitman wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 1:53 pm
I was actually thinking that... is it really?
Yep, I've done steaks in the past, and just seared a roast with mine the other day. It does a great job.