Princess Auto

6 Litre Fluid Extractor $104.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2021 11:10 pm
Feb 1, 2009
379 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
SCOPster wrote: I'm betting the hose that comes with that will no way fit down a dip stick shaft
Agreed. But some duct tape and nylon tube can fix that.

And you have a water pump for when the basement inevitably floods.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5192 posts
1749 upvotes
Vancouver
SCOPster wrote: Hmm So how much extra was the taxes and shipping?
Okay if you didn't require shipping I guess..
Many places charge an arm and a leg for S&H

EDIT: They seem to have some Free Shipping but Membership Required to Order?
Being a local shop, i just did a pick up and it was cheaper when i got it. It was $55. You may want to local marine shops in your area
Sep 1, 2017
56 posts
100 upvotes
goozy1 wrote:
I don't see the point in this thing. How is it useful for oil changes? You still need to change the oil filter so you'll have to jack up the car anyways. Why spend $100 on a pump when you can just unscrew a single bolt to properly drain the oil and get all the crud out of the oil pan.

I guess it could be useful for sealed components like the transmission or transfer case. but for oil changes, it just seems like a waste of time
Seadoo's and boats.. I'd have to flip my seadoo upside down to drain the oil without one of these...
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2626 posts
1547 upvotes
Miatch wrote: Seadoo's and boats.. I'd have to flip my seadoo upside down to drain the oil without one of these...
Damn I think you just convinced me to buy one. I was just about to walk away from this, but I've got a few engines (including a doo and a boat) that make this worthwhile. Will also be a game changer on the hard to access riding mower plug...
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1209 posts
998 upvotes
Airdrie
I've had this for a few years, the real winning use was transmission fluid on a buick. It developed a leak at one of the lowest hose connectors. I was able to drain the fluid then change the connector without trying to catch all the fluid that would otherwise have come out. Also makes power steering fluid drain and fills a breeze. I'll be changing the diff fluid in the Subaru soon and this should help since the plug is about halfway up the diff.

Well made and easy to use!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2822 posts
1484 upvotes
B.C.
davidqbp wrote: not getting free shipping
Their weird system adds in the shipping charge then gives you a promo credit at the final step.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6521 posts
382 upvotes
Etobicoke
Can this also bleed brake lines?

BTW, for oil change, you can use this contraption. But it is too powerful for bleeding brake lines as it sucks the brake fluid reservoir dry quickly.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17199 posts
19096 upvotes
Oakville
eelfliw wrote: Can this also bleed brake lines?

BTW, for oil change, you can use this contraption. But it is too powerful for bleeding brake lines as it sucks the brake fluid reservoir dry quickly.
Oil can contain a lot of fuel so I'm not sure I'd use a vacuum on it, especially if it's a recent Honda. Cool idea though, but still not enough room for the 7L of oil in my car.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Mar 11, 2019
412 posts
385 upvotes
Thanks OP now I need a deal on a gallon of brake fluid to change fluid on all my vehicles. My wife won't be able to complain about spilled brake fluid on the driveway. You can control the flow of brake fluid by how far you open the bleeder screw. Also you can have an assistant topping up the reservoir while you work at the wheels. I plan to suck the reservoir dry first and fill with fresh fluid after wiping the bottom clean of crud.
Dec 29, 2017
651 posts
565 upvotes
Is this overkill for small engines like lawn mowers and snowblowers?
Oct 10, 2012
233 posts
95 upvotes
If you already have a shopvac you can do something like this:

Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16750 posts
5307 upvotes
London
eelfliw wrote: Can this also bleed brake lines?
Yes, in the OP photo, on the right side - the coiled hose with the blue clip is for bleeding brakes. It has a soft rubber tip that fits/ seals over the bleeder valve - works well
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16750 posts
5307 upvotes
London
4gen_accord wrote: How does this compare to the bigger capacity model:
https://www.princessauto.com/73-litre-m ... 0008051633
The bigger one is hand pump only while the OP version has the option for using shop air - not a big deal.

The bigger one is also missing the hose for bleeding brakes that is included in the OP.

The bigger one goes for like $89 when it's on sale

May 12, 2019
423 posts
528 upvotes
I've been thinking of buying one of these for a while now. However, I'm concerned about not having all the maintenance records on paper if I do oil changes myself when I go to sell the car. Thoughts?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17199 posts
19096 upvotes
Oakville
ATOMANTMAN wrote: Thanks OP now I need a deal on a gallon of brake fluid to change fluid on all my vehicles. My wife won't be able to complain about spilled brake fluid on the driveway. You can control the flow of brake fluid by how far you open the bleeder screw. Also you can have an assistant topping up the reservoir while you work at the wheels. I plan to suck the reservoir dry first and fill with fresh fluid after wiping the bottom clean of crud.
No! Don't drain your reservoir dry, that will introduce AIS in the system and be hard to bleed out. Always keep adding fluid as you bleed the system. It used to be easier when you could get the ATE Blue fluid, so you can see when the new fluid got to the bleeder, but it confused and idiots.
If you want to be thorough, be sure to cycle your ABS module to get there fluid out of the there.
419justblaz wrote: I've been thinking of buying one of these for a while now. However, I'm concerned about not having all the maintenance records on paper if I do oil changes myself when I go to sell the car. Thoughts?
If your car is under warranty, just keep good records of your changes, like the receipt for oil and filter, I take photos of me doing it on that day.
Legally it's on the dealer to prove what you did caused a failure, but it could be a headache if something did fail.
Now you're more likely to do a good job than the high teenager they have changing your oil, but if you did make a mistake it would be on you.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1472 posts
515 upvotes
Ottawa
Miatch wrote: Seadoo's and boats.. I'd have to flip my seadoo upside down to drain the oil without one of these...
Audi even designs their engines to have a non reusable drain plug because they expect their dealers to use an extractor.
Nov 10, 2018
145 posts
80 upvotes
ON
I bought it , found it completly useless, after half an hour manual pumping I was able to just extract 50ml !!
Ended up with returning the item, I also had a story with their apparantly "No sale is final unless your satisfaction " empty slogan!!
l69norm wrote: [/left]user_id=100838] https://www.princessauto.com/en/16-litr ... 0008469512

$17