Expired Hot Deals

Princess Auto

800W 12V Power Inverter $49.99 (save$50???

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2021 12:15 pm
16 replies
Sep 12, 2017
56 posts
117 upvotes
Hey, was thinking of picking this up for camping as our 300w inverter doesn't cut it. Anyone have any feedback on this unit? Seems to be priced pretty well even if I only get a year or two out of it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5101 posts
5827 upvotes
Alberta
I just put a 700w inverter in my camper 2 weeks ago. I recommend getting a pure sine wave inverter personally. I went with GoPower since it matched the solar system already installed on my camper.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2056 posts
209 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: I just put a 700w inverter in my camper 2 weeks ago. I recommend getting a pure sine wave inverter personally. I went with GoPower since it matched the solar system already installed on my camper.
What do you recommend for a vehicle, I want to put one in my civic. Do you look at the alternator output to determine the size of the inverter. Want to install it in the trunk to avoid the noise, what gauge wire would you recommend?
Sep 6, 2015
33 posts
27 upvotes
Halifax
It was showing OOS till last night, but now, when the promo is ended, it's in stock.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12055 posts
5949 upvotes
STP123 wrote: For pure sine wave you can try Renogy: https://ca.renogy.com/renogy-700w-12v-p ... -inverter/ . Use code "WillProwse" for 10% off and there is no tax.

I have the 1000W version that I run a fridge with during power outages up north. No issues so far.
need this for our fridge. In the winter we lose power at least 8 to 12 times. some of those times the power is out for 15 to 20 hours. Normally 3 to 4 hours.What setup did you use to power a fridge?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Apr 5, 2018
378 posts
378 upvotes
Old thread bumped up - Shows $99 for me.
Jun 5, 2017
175 posts
205 upvotes
At the Circus
reggyDeal wrote: What do you recommend for a vehicle, I want to put one in my civic. Do you look at the alternator output to determine the size of the inverter. Want to install it in the trunk to avoid the noise, what gauge wire would you recommend?
700W/12V = 60 amps. You need gauge 6 or 4. Often people end up spending as much or more on wires than on the inverter. Honda vehicles tend to have a small battery. It might not be powerful enough. Check owner's manual for alternator rating.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2742 posts
2633 upvotes
Majidnasiri wrote: It was showing OOS till last night, but now, when the promo is ended, it's in stock.
Promos been ended for a month.
You make it seem like they were saving stock for the day after the promo ended.

You could have also asked for a rain check at your local store if they didn't have stock.
Mar 4, 2015
351 posts
262 upvotes
Vancouver
blazed16 wrote: need this for our fridge. In the winter we lose power at least 8 to 12 times. some of those times the power is out for 15 to 20 hours. Normally 3 to 4 hours.What setup did you use to power a fridge?
To be clear for other folks, you really, really don't want to run a fridge on anything other than a sine wave inverter (and ideally a good one at that)
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4832 posts
1998 upvotes
Vancity
Does this plug into the battery directly? I think the typical cigarette lighter socket supports much less wattage (e.g., 400W).
signature closed for renovation
Jun 5, 2017
175 posts
205 upvotes
At the Circus
recordman wrote: Does this plug into the battery directly? I think the typical cigarette lighter socket supports much less wattage (e.g., 400W).
If cigarette lighter socket has a 25 amps fuse then 25 X 12 = 300 watts max.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1608 posts
942 upvotes
Toronto
blazed16 wrote: need this for our fridge. In the winter we lose power at least 8 to 12 times. some of those times the power is out for 15 to 20 hours. Normally 3 to 4 hours.What setup did you use to power a fridge?
I have the pure sine wave inverter hooked up to a 100ah AGM deep cycle battery. The system is recharged by a Renogy 200 watt 12V solar suitcase: https://ca.renogy.com/200-watt-12-volt- ... h-voyager/. This is a bare minimum system and won't run much more than our 18 cu. ft. freezer/fridge, but for 3 to 4 hours for you should not be a problem.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)