Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

$89.99 Buddy Heater PM with HD

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2023 1:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7664 posts
3799 upvotes
Canuckland

[Princess Auto] $89.99 Buddy Heater PM with HD

Price match opportunity with Home Depot for $10 off

Both model MH9BX

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/mr-hea ... 1000757433

Lowest I’ve seen is $75 but mostly out of stock

Since PA is having a $25 FS I’d pick the stove top fan for higher heat throughout

https://www.princessauto.com/4-blade-he ... 0008901233
5 replies
Mar 4, 2007
730 posts
728 upvotes
Halifax
Those little propane canisters are EXPENSIVE. This also takes 20lb tanks as well which are MUCH more economical if you plan on using this a lot.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7664 posts
3799 upvotes
Canuckland
cheruboo wrote: Those little propane canisters are EXPENSIVE. This also takes 20lb tanks as well which are MUCH more economical if you plan on using this a lot.
You can buy the adapter off Amazon for cheap
Jan 23, 2021
47 posts
168 upvotes
cheruboo wrote: Those little propane canisters are EXPENSIVE. This also takes 20lb tanks as well which are MUCH more economical if you plan on using this a lot.
I just refill the 1lb propane canisters from a 20lb tank. Ends up being very cheap. Very easy to do as well if you know what you are doing. Can get them 100% full of you pre-freeze the 1lb canisters.

Always check for leaks after refill if stored indoors or transported. However I have been doing this for years now and never had 1 canister leak on me. DO NOT overfill them (you have to know the weight of a full one and refill it to same weight). If you overfill slightly, DO NOT release gas by playing around with the safety pressure valve. I always hook up a burner to the tank and open the valve to release some gas. Of course do this outdoors and away from a flame source.

Comes out to about $1 per 1lb canister if you refill depending on where you get your 20lb tanks refilled (for me, Costco is always the cheapest).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7664 posts
3799 upvotes
Canuckland
Ligorath wrote: I just refill the 1lb propane canisters from a 20lb tank. Ends up being very cheap. Very easy to do as well if you know what you are doing. Can get them 100% full of you pre-freeze the 1lb canisters.

Always check for leaks after refill if stored indoors or transported. However I have been doing this for years now and never had 1 canister leak on me. DO NOT overfill them (you have to know the weight of a full one and refill it to same weight). If you overfill slightly, DO NOT release gas by playing around with the safety pressure valve. I always hook up a burner to the tank and open the valve to release some gas. Of course do this outdoors and away from a flame source.

Comes out to about $1 per 1lb canister if you refill depending on where you get your 20lb tanks refilled (for me, Costco is always the cheapest).
FWIW, this is what I fill them to

889g full
412g empty
Jan 23, 2021
47 posts
168 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: FWIW, this is what I fill them to

889g full
412g empty
Exact numbers depends on the specific 1lb green canisters that you have. They vary in empty weight. My numbers are different for my tanks but not far off.