[OP]
Dec 16, 2015
467 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Princess Auto] $9.99 Socket ADAPTER / Joint set

8 piece socket adapter / joint set.
By far the best price around.

For example the husky 3pc adapter at Home Depot are $14, and DO NOT have 1/4in to 1/2in.
36 replies
Jan 12, 2003
764 posts
366 upvotes
Been using this set for 5 years , no complaints .
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo | 2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card | 2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt | 2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2069 posts
2612 upvotes
on my WAY
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7608 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto
Only $6 shipping!!

Ordered!!

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1196 posts
1277 upvotes
Richmond Hill
these are "stuff" you always think you will need but never do. When its that hard to reach probably better off letting the pros do the job.
Apr 19, 2017
92 posts
196 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: these are "stuff" you always think you will need but never do. When its that hard to reach probably better off letting the pros do the job.
If you're basing the complexity of a job on bolt reachability than you probably shouldn't be tackling most jobs...
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1196 posts
1277 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Byah84 wrote: If you're basing the complexity of a job on bolt reachability than you probably shouldn't be tackling most jobs...
I can't think of the last time I needed to use one,
what have you used it for?

I prefer a flex head ratchet, more control.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22293 posts
3156 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: I can't think of the last time I needed to use one,

U joints are pretty standard for any wrenching. Removed a throttle body bolt with one at an odd angle the other day.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1407 posts
777 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: I can't think of the last time I needed to use one,

Hitch install.
Rear caliper carrier bolts on a regular car jack. No way a ratchet would work with such little clearance.

Just to name a few.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15426 posts
10066 upvotes
Southern Ontario
sirxterminator wrote: these are "stuff" you always think you will need but never do. When its that hard to reach probably better off letting the pros do the job.
I would say I’ve done a lot of personal home renos, installations, repairs, basic auto work etc last 20y and never needed these or I did a workaround. Being on RFD, I have to gauge what I buy with how many times I’ve ever needed something. Of course someone else’s experience may not be like mine.

Upvote for the deal anyway.
Dec 19, 2010
716 posts
236 upvotes
Actually, I would say these are the kinds of tools that you always WISH you had on hand when you don't. I'd easily spend $10 to have them around, even though they won't see daily use.

Just this weekend, I was looking to find a 1/4" u-joint, and realized I didn't have one (anymore), and it would've been the perfect solution for the problem at hand. Instead I linked together a bunch of wobbler extensions that were far less effective (and no, a 3/8 ratchet wouldn't have worked).

My u-joint adapters in various sizes have seen the light of day many times over the years, some less so once I got a set of ball joint sockets, but those were not cheap.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
8010 posts
1999 upvotes
Ottawa
Does it matter that these aren’t impact wrench ready?
Sep 15, 2015
306 posts
166 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: Does it matter that these aren’t impact wrench ready?
If you intend to use them with an impact then yes it matters.
Feb 24, 2019
555 posts
837 upvotes
this is the quote of a very sad woman's husband
[OP]
Dec 16, 2015
467 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Personally, my need is checking the bolts on the backyard play yard. That crossbar is a b*** to check the swing bolts.

I’m really happy with it
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2654 posts
1780 upvotes
London
DirtyDog wrote: Actually, I would say these are the kinds of tools that you always WISH you had on hand when you don't. I'd easily spend $10 to have them around, even though they won't see daily use.
I've had Princess Auto on sale items sit around unopened for a couple of years.
When I got into a job where I finally needed them, I was glad I had them.

There are many tools that you don't use often, but will use occasionally. (unless you are the type that does nothing requiring tools)
You may as well buy them on sale now, rather than full price later.
It's even more valid when you are in the middle of something and covered in dust, grease etc. and need to run to the store.
Mar 21, 2005
430 posts
340 upvotes
GTA
After 30 years of maintenance my cars, I thought I own almost all kinds of adapter socket until I saw this and realized I did not.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7511 posts
8074 upvotes
Vancouver
I have a set like this plus lots of other adapters and extensions that I seldom use - and ok, maybe some of the pieces I've never used. That's not the point. They're cheap to have on hand, and when you need it, you really need it. It's great to have options instead of cursing a job that's nearly impossible because you don't have the right tool on hand. Like why did they put that one valve cover gasket bolt down there at the back of the engine where you can only reach it with an extension and angle joint, and there's only room to fit the 12-point thin-wall socket that happens to have the wrong size connector on it?

This is a good deal, and if I didn't have all these pieces already, I would certainly buy this.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3891 posts
2812 upvotes
Toronto
-------------
Last edited by drz400 on Nov 25th, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------