Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

All Thermacell products

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2020 7:30 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
MeatJuice wrote: People in malaysia sleep with those vaporized mosquito repellents and restaurants burn them underneath the tables their clients eat at
yes, but in those countries mosquitoes are not just a nuisance. There are serious mosquito born illnesses that you can catch (Malaria, Dengue Fever, Zika, Japanese Encephalitis). They risk of death from catching one of those diseases outweighs the risk of toxic from insecticides.

Do whatever you like, but I was just stating what Thermocell has mentioned in the warnings for their device. You can choose to ignore it if you like...
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1942 posts
3072 upvotes
VANCOUVER
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: I'm not supposed to breathe it? but how is it supposed to be effective at protecting me unless it is surrounding me?
I think it means don't directly inhale the smoke that come from the device. it's fine when it's diluted in the surrounding air
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8469 posts
4465 upvotes
Canuckland
The Conair hair iron use the same butane if you happen to find it cheaper
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
Having failed to find any Thermacell repellent prior to my trip, I decided to try this solution. It's been working quite well for me in Jasper
Images
  • 20190819_162132.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
Totoriko wrote: Having failed to find any Thermacell repellent prior to my trip, I decided to try this solution. It's been working quite well for me in Jasper
What is that? Looks like a USB power bank?
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: What is that? Looks like a USB power bank?
A USB powerbank with a mosquito repellent plugged to it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Portable-S ... 3870299914

I was wondering what the butane actually did in thermacell. It's just to heat up the metal plate. So any source of power is good as long as the metal plate heats up the mat. Using a battery pack with a usb repeller should in theory give the same result as a portable thermacell repeller. Well, that's my logic...
Feb 10, 2004
809 posts
242 upvotes
Mississauga
Totoriko wrote: A USB powerbank with a mosquito repellent plugged to it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Portable-S ... 3870299914

I was wondering what the butane actually did in thermacell. It's just to heat up the metal plate. So any source of power is good as long as the metal plate heats up the mat. Using a battery pack with a usb repeller should in theory give the same result as a portable thermacell repeller. Well, that's my logic...
Hey @Totoriko ...sorry to resurrect an old post, but can you link to the pads that you're using? Are they the same as the Thermacell pads?