Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Auto-Feed Handheld Electric Drain Cleaner auger $110

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 5:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
11369 posts
16617 upvotes
Ottawa

[Princess Auto] Auto-Feed Handheld Electric Drain Cleaner auger $110

So today decided I had to unclog drains in the house. Forget a plumber on a weekend and don't feel like renting an auger so was checking Princess Auto and found this auger for $110 as " hot buy" which is basically the same unit under a different name brand as the Harbour Freight Bauer house brand model which sells for $120 US and has pretty good reviews.

Basically I watched a few YouTube videos of the unit and cleared my house drains in a few hours ( they do mention to take your time and go slowly).
Worked for me but have no idea how li g this thing will last but paid for itself already lol.cleaned it and sprayed it with some WD-40 so maybe won't rust too much

29 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3141 posts
1650 upvotes
Calgary
have been looking at an electric auger for the longest as its one of the greatest plumbing tools IMO. who can honestly say they have never encountered plugged or just slow drain???

thanks brother!

edit: just called & luckily, my closest PA store has stock so no shipping!!! woowee lols!

edit2: just came home after picking this beast (& it is a beast in size + heft). I like how the front handle can switch btwn forward/neutral/reverse cos once the clog is reached, neutral to give it a bit of spin should work best. hmmm for the 1st in my life, I'm looking forward to a clogged drain!! lols
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
11369 posts
16617 upvotes
Ottawa
scotsum wrote: have been looking at an electric auger for the longest as its one of the greatest plumbing tools IMO. who can honestly say they have never encountered plugged or just slow drain???

thanks brother!

edit: just called & luckily, my closest PA store has stock so no shipping!!! woowee lols!

edit2: just came home after picking this beast (& it is a beast in size + heft). I like how the front handle can switch btwn forward/neutral/reverse cos once the clog is reached, neutral to give it a bit of spin should work best. hmmm for the 1st in my life, I'm looking forward to a clogged drain!! lols
Wife thought I bought a Tommy Gun Face With Tears Of Joy. But the thing did the job but yah it's hefty but that front trigger helps keeping it under control.
Now I got to go scare the neighbours Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3141 posts
1650 upvotes
Calgary
stephroll wrote: Wife thought I bought a Tommy Gun Face With Tears Of Joy. But the thing did the job but yah it's hefty but that front trigger helps keeping it under control.
Now I got to go scare the neighbours Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
lols yaa it does look very intimidating indeed. btw your tip of spraying it with wd40 does seem wise indeed. perhaps I'll try wiping it down (after cleaning) with some cheap veggie oil.

btw, the cashier also mentioned that PA has a 2yr warranty with this as well & instead of thru mfgrs, its direct with PA....NICE!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3141 posts
1650 upvotes
Calgary
caught this YT vid on the harbor freight's brand. dude's hilarious!!!

Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1191 upvotes
Vancouver
Would they screws up my pipes?
Sr. Member
Dec 14, 2006
785 posts
299 upvotes
He's certainly passionate about it. Ha ha ha
It depends where your blockage is. If more than 24', then you're screwed.
I've used a manual one before, and it worked fine.

People use this as preventative maintenance?
My drains have only gotten slow when hair and gunk is in the top part. Take out the stopper, clean it out, and fixed.
scotsum wrote: caught this YT vid on the harbor freight's brand. dude's hilarious!!!

Jr. Member
Jul 16, 2017
178 posts
143 upvotes
I have the Tacklife cordless one from Amazon, and it works great. It's frequently on sale at ~$104 - 110. This one will also sit on the counter or floor while you are working with it, so you don't have to lift it the whole time you are working. The auto-feed on these is a great feature -- I'll never go back!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07DF9 ... UTF8&psc=1
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 19, 2019
1015 posts
1260 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
danned wrote: Would they screws up my pipes?
It's not intended to be stuck in there. Grimacing Face
Follow Instructions!
Last edited by HalfTrack on Dec 13th, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOAP & WASH YOUR HANDS! Cough InTo Arm Pits.
I Don't Take Prisoners. We Eat Them.
Better to have a Green Thumb than a Brown Nose!
I am Offended You're Offended.
Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
240 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks! Picked this up over the weekend.

Cleared my clogged/slow draining kitchen sink! I thought I could use it from the top of the sink. But I needed to remove the drain/p-trap (which actually wasn't so hard -- first time) and work it from under the sink.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 16, 2015
844 posts
485 upvotes
Picked up the last one today at my local princess auto. The shipping is only around $10 if you're in southern Ontario and your local princess auto doesn't have one.
Does any one know if you can buy a replacement snake for this unit ?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
9461 posts
4700 upvotes
Markham
I bought and used this last week....it did a decent job.

Couple of comments and questions...

do I need to worry that I'm gonna shoot the entire cable out? Is there a stopper at the end? Did anyone try to mark distances on the cable ..ideally I'd like to know if this cable has gone 5 ft or 10 ft or 15 ft or is nearing the end.

Do I need to spray WD40 or oil it after using it? How does one do this so it doesn't rust?

The owners' manual is really pathetic IMO...it doesn't say anything.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Member
Jan 22, 2009
366 posts
36 upvotes
can you use this to unclog a central vacuum pipe blockage, or is there something better for that?
Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
240 posts
15 upvotes
It will stop when it reaches the end.

Painting distance markers on the cable sounds like a good idea!

I sprayed wd-40 on the tip, and wiped it down as I retracted it.
gr8dlr wrote: I bought and used this last week....it did a decent job.

Couple of comments and questions...

do I need to worry that I'm gonna shoot the entire cable out? Is there a stopper at the end? Did anyone try to mark distances on the cable ..ideally I'd like to know if this cable has gone 5 ft or 10 ft or 15 ft or is nearing the end.

Do I need to spray WD40 or oil it after using it? How does one do this so it doesn't rust?

The owners' manual is really pathetic IMO...it doesn't say anything.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)