Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Auto-Spooling Garden Hose Cart (holds 130 ft) for $30 or Suncast Hose Reel with Brass Connection (holds 225 ft) for $50

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 6:42 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
714 posts
3076 upvotes
MILTON

[Princess Auto] Auto-Spooling Garden Hose Cart (holds 130 ft) for $30 or Suncast Hose Reel with Brass Connection (holds 225 ft) for $50

55 replies
Feb 6, 2007
357 posts
188 upvotes
The auto-spooling garden cart is a great price but if its anything like the gardena model the weak point is the metal stand. I had the gardena one and it barely lasted 2 months with only a 50' rubber hose (https://www.gardena.com/ca-en/products/ ... 966621001/). The spooling feature is nice but you have to balance speed/power otherwise it can tip over or requires 3 of your limbs :)

All that being said, this is about 1/4 the price of the Gardena....
Aug 24, 2018
436 posts
450 upvotes
Langley BC
Thanks OP. Grabbed 2 auto spooling ones.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Nov 15, 2013
674 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
So I bought something similar from Home Depot a few weeks ago and returned it because it kept leaking from the connection. I swapped out the washer and used plumbers tape but over time, if I moved or wiggled the hose near the connection at all, it would start leaking. Is that a problem with these in general or my hose?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5841 posts
4797 upvotes
Calgary
TheLumina wrote: So I bought something similar from Home Depot a few weeks ago and returned it because it kept leaking from the connection. I swapped out the washer and used plumbers tape but over time, if I moved or wiggled the hose near the connection at all, it would start leaking. Is that a problem with these in general or my hose?
Might be your hose or you need to tighten it more with plyers.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5841 posts
4797 upvotes
Calgary
Also, these prices are amazing if you need this type of item.
Jul 4, 2013
274 posts
73 upvotes
TheLumina wrote: So I bought something similar from Home Depot a few weeks ago and returned it because it kept leaking from the connection. I swapped out the washer and used plumbers tape but over time, if I moved or wiggled the hose near the connection at all, it would start leaking. Is that a problem with these in general or my hose?
My old hoses (over 20 years old)always leaked at the faucet. Changed the washer and usedplumbers tape. Fixed it right up. But if I wiggled the hose where it connected to the faucet it began to leak. Bought a new hose hose and also used plumbers tape and used a pair of pliers to make it fit tight and it's all good now ....for now lol
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10162 posts
4695 upvotes
Ordering one, not sure what one i want though. Hopefully it will ship as i still have a couple items from 2 weeks ago sitting at processing.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3494 posts
1784 upvotes
I'm guessing the lawntech model does not come with a leader hose? If not, add another $15 or so to the price.
I may be wrong but I have a thought - I have a Gardena hose cart that leaks badly where the hose attaches to the reel. When I attach the hose directly to the water faucet, there is no leak so that tells me the issue is at the hose reel connection. Looking at the hose reel connection, there are less threads showing then the number of threads on the inside of the hose connection. I believe that once the hose reaches the end of the threads on the hose reel connection it won't allow me to tighten any further and there is not enough pressure on the O-ring to make a proper seal. I haven't tried to fix it yet, but I'm going to try either adding a second O-ring or using a Gardena quick connect coupling.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Jul 6th, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 26, 2017
18 posts
9 upvotes
It's asking for $17.60 shipping fee for the $50 model. I'm in BC.
Dec 21, 2012
269 posts
227 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
YaOnXiXi wrote: It's asking for $17.60 shipping fee for the $50 model. I'm in BC.
It's free shipping > $50. Add a filler.
Mar 16, 2008
194 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Brass connectors are nice features, but the weak spot of these type of reels are the cheap plastic internals in-between - where typically plastic tube connects to plastic tube of moving reel; that's the weak point with lots of friction from reeling in and out that'll wear out the washer and those internal plastic parts - causing leaks - usually within a season.

There's a "pro" version (pictured) with more durable aluminum internal parts in-between the two connectors - that should last significantly longer.
SuncastPro.jpg
Last edited by sunnyray_toronto on Jul 6th, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2249 posts
639 upvotes
Remove plumber’s tapr and tight with channel lock
Squeeze the rubber washer is way to seal it...
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!