Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Big Red 250 lb Roller Seat with Tool Tray (Garage Stool) - $29.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2021 11:36 am
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Dec 24, 2011
458 posts
936 upvotes
East, Canada

[Princess Auto] Big Red 250 lb Roller Seat with Tool Tray (Garage Stool) - $29.99

Here's another deal on a garage stool from Princess Auto.

I posted the Dewalt for $99 last month. Unfortunately for that deal, I didn't get my own Dewalt stool due to an "inventory error", and PA cancelled. (Bad luck for me!) Princess Auto did say the Dewalt will come back but for now I was browsing and found this stool instead.

The Big Red doesn't seem as sturdy and well-built as the Dewalt but it has decent reviews and is less than a third of the price. I'm going to try my luck. Amazon currently has it on sale for $55.84. The tool tray underneath looks handy. There are a few negative reviews reflecting potential QA issues, but if it rolls well then this looks a great deal for a garage stool, especially for vehicle detailing.

On sale until 20 June.
19 replies
Newbie
Nov 13, 2019
50 posts
120 upvotes
Should I give up my dream of owning a mychanic and buy this instead?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4059 posts
3118 upvotes
GTA
Great little seat. Your knee caps and your spine will thank you big time if you start using this.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 21, 2009
2245 posts
1391 upvotes
North Vancouver
Quality issues noted in the Amazon reviews.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 28, 2005
523 posts
117 upvotes
Near VanCity
Thanks OP! I will try to pick this up in store. It'll be great for light usage detailing work.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
8415 posts
6438 upvotes
Kitchener
I need one...but this seems like low end trash. Anyone have suggestions for a better one?
Newbie
Dec 15, 2015
21 posts
43 upvotes
Rob_EV wrote: I need one...but this seems like low end trash. Anyone have suggestions for a better one?
You are right about this one. The hydraulic shock which raises and lowers the seat lasted about 2 months. Just got the dewalt one from princess auto, not sure if it's still on sale for$99 but that thing is quality heavy duty
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2877 posts
1122 upvotes
LucRativ wrote: You are right about this one. The hydraulic shock which raises and lowers the seat lasted about 2 months. Just got the dewalt one from princess auto, not sure if it's still on sale for$99 but that thing is quality heavy duty
Where is the hydraulic shock on this stool? It’s a roller that doesn’t go up and down.

I’d also say that the dewalt one is very different than this one since it’s minimum height is also a lot higher (according to the listing it’s 24”)

Maybe you’re thinking about the husky one?
Newbie
Dec 15, 2015
21 posts
43 upvotes
CensoredByRFD wrote: Where is the hydraulic shock on this stool? It’s a roller that doesn’t go up and down.

I’d also say that the dewalt one is very different than this one since it’s minimum height is also a lot higher (according to the listing it’s 24”)

Maybe you’re thinking about the husky one?
You are absolutely correct. I was thinking of anothre piece of junk...

https://www.princessauto.com/en/300-lb- ... 0008319972
Image
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 25, 2008
2758 posts
2580 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP, bought one! Nice little stool Winking Face
Images
  • 16232817481602271388476914704184.jpg
I’m not cheap……I’m frugal!!!
Newbie
Jan 10, 2020
55 posts
44 upvotes
LucRativ wrote: You are absolutely correct. I was thinking of anothre piece of junk...

https://www.princessauto.com/en/300-lb- ... 0008319972
Image
I have this one too for 8 years-ish now. Centre of balance is terrible, you'll go flying off if a caster doesn't turn. The casters rusted within a couple years in an insulated garage! Utter junk quality, but not terrible when I bought it for $20.

The dewalt one is boss even though $100 is pricey, but the quality is 10x better!
Jr. Member
Jul 3, 2017
142 posts
191 upvotes
LucRativ wrote: You are absolutely correct. I was thinking of anothre piece of junk...

https://www.princessauto.com/en/300-lb- ... 0008319972
Image
I bought 300lb roller seat last year and it's been pretty good during various garage tasks (detailing, tire changes, brake job). I wish it went slightly lower, but the cushion is holding up without tear and the rollers are smooth.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1888 posts
364 upvotes
toronto
I've had this for 3 yrs and I love it except for the wheels. There nylon and get chewed up pretty fast and don't roll well. I can't seem to find equivalent rubber wheels with the skinny stem size to replace them at hd or pa.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 14, 2007
903 posts
338 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Napa has similar one on sale for same price.

LINK

I picked one up and it assembles easily and holds my 220lbs just fine.
Newbie
Nov 13, 2019
50 posts
120 upvotes
chrisanthony14 wrote: I've had this for 3 yrs and I love it except for the wheels. There nylon and get chewed up pretty fast and don't roll well. I can't seem to find equivalent rubber wheels with the skinny stem size to replace them at hd or pa.
Great feedback. Thanks.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2011
3233 posts
1742 upvotes
West Coast
oldcracker wrote: anyone had experience with this one?
https://www.princessauto.com/en/250-lb- ... 0008917494
Looks like it's the same structural frame, but with enclosed drawers. Guess it depends on what you plan on putting in there. I expect I'll randomly be putting things larger than a wrench or a socket under my seat while I'm working away, so the stool with open bottom seems more practical to me, especially at half the price.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Member
Dec 27, 2017
326 posts
135 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Looks like it's the same structural frame, but with enclosed drawers. Guess it depends on what you plan on putting in there. I expect I'll randomly be putting things larger than a wrench or a socket under my seat while I'm working away, so the stool with open bottom seems more practical to me, especially at half the price.
I agree that open bottom is more practical unless you are wanting to organize fasteners/tools on the go.
That said, the one with the drawers can hold three beers on the side!! Hmm... Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2011
3233 posts
1742 upvotes
West Coast
eljay0 wrote: I agree that open bottom is more practical unless you are wanting to organize fasteners/tools on the go.
That said, the one with the drawers can hold three beers on the side!! Hmm... Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Good point. The beer holders might be the swing vote, but also realize the open bottom can hold a case of beer!
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers

Top