Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

Char Broil 4 burner Griddle - $333. Starting August 3.

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2021 3:18 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 22, 2007
739 posts
922 upvotes

[Princess Auto] Char Broil 4 burner Griddle - $333. Starting August 3.

$333.00 for the Char Broil Griddle. Will be available starting August 3.

Home Depot normally sells for $519.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/char-b ... 1001300905
38 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3740 posts
2956 upvotes
Interesting. I'm considering getting this for my rental cottage, but wondering how long before renters abuse and kill it.
Newbie
Dec 17, 2017
64 posts
81 upvotes
I saw about 8 of these at Kelowna location right at the front door a few days ago. I should have posted but I think I had looked up the USD price and didnt think it was a great deal. Good post OP!

Looked like a good flat top to my eye, very decent cook area.
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2009
575 posts
358 upvotes
toronto
The price is nice. Wondering if it's worth paying a more for a 36" Blackstone? Slightly smaller but more BTUs. thx
Member
Feb 5, 2010
400 posts
203 upvotes
Would love to hear someones experience with this.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11690 posts
5167 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: Interesting. I'm considering getting this for my rental cottage, but wondering how long before renters abuse and kill it.
If it is anything like the Blackstone, it will need a lot of love and care, but will get a lot of use.
Our Charbroil BBQ is once a month thing while our Blackstone is at least 3 times a week, all depends on what is on your menu.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3740 posts
2956 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: If it is anything like the Blackstone, it will need a lot of love and care, but will get a lot of use.
Our Charbroil BBQ is once a month thing while our Blackstone is at least 3 times a week, all depends on what is on your menu.
Our Cuisinart $1000 BBQ is already on it's way out after 2 summers of use. The amount of abuse & greasy shit cooked is MUCH higher than what you'd do at home, as is the nature of the business of hosting cottagers on vacation. I'd imagine this thing would see bacon & eggs use almost daily.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 22, 2007
739 posts
922 upvotes
benjarvus wrote: I saw about 8 of these at Kelowna location right at the front door a few days ago. I should have posted but I think I had looked up the USD price and didnt think it was a great deal. Good post OP!

Looked like a good flat top to my eye, very decent cook area.
Can't compare Canada to US for these things.

I bought the Blackstone from Costco a few weeks ago. $470. Bought the hard cover lid directly from Blackstone Canada website - another $165.

In the US, you can buy the same Blackstone Griddle WITH the hard cover lid and a bunch of accessories for $299 at Walmart at regular price. I've seen posts on Blackstone Griddle groups with people walking out of Walmart with these things for $100.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 22, 2007
739 posts
922 upvotes
ngleu wrote: The price is nice. Wondering if it's worth paying a more for a 36" Blackstone? Slightly smaller but more BTUs. thx
I bought the Blackstone one a few weeks ago at Costco. Its amazing! Converted it to Natural Gas as well.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 22, 2007
739 posts
922 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: Interesting. I'm considering getting this for my rental cottage, but wondering how long before renters abuse and kill it.
Nothing that can't be fixed with some elbow grease. Unfortunately if renters don't know how to clean it / season it after a cook, it will begin to rust.
Newbie
Dec 17, 2017
64 posts
81 upvotes
Totally, sorry I meant I had accidentally looked at Home Depot's US site without realizing at the time. Definitely this is the cheapest CAD deal in hindsight.
Sr. Member
Jan 30, 2017
720 posts
117 upvotes
sorry this thread is a bit unclear... so on August 3 I can go online and buy it for $333 CAD?
Member
Aug 5, 2005
384 posts
395 upvotes
The__Rock wrote: Nothing that can't be fixed with some elbow grease. Unfortunately if renters don't know how to clean it / season it after a cook, it will begin to rust.
It's stainless, not cast iron.. Won't rust.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 22, 2007
739 posts
922 upvotes
retr0 wrote: It's stainless, not cast iron.. Won't rust.
Its rolled steel. Not stainless steel. Leave that untreated for a week and it'll be covered in rust.
Member
Jun 4, 2006
391 posts
407 upvotes
ngleu wrote: The price is nice. Wondering if it's worth paying a more for a 36" Blackstone? Slightly smaller but more BTUs. thx
Go for a Crown Verity.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 7, 2003
2056 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
razrsharp wrote: Interesting. I'm considering getting this for my rental cottage, but wondering how long before renters abuse and kill it.
Pretty hard to kill it imo.

The only part I see having an issue is people emptying the grease trap. I can't say for certain looking at the photos, but it looks like a pull out drawer in the front?

As long as it seasoned and then stored somewhere where it won't get constantly rained on and rusted, I think you'll be fine.

Cooking greasy food on it (like bacon) just helps season it more. The burners are fully covered by the griddle so you don't have to worry about drippings catching fire like on a gas grill.

I bought a Blackstone last year and leave it out all season under my covered porch, no rust issues. During the winter I just store it in my garage.

It's also really handy for making stir fry and ground beef for tacos.
Member
Aug 5, 2005
384 posts
395 upvotes
The__Rock wrote: Its rolled steel. Not stainless steel. Leave that untreated for a week and it'll be covered in rust.
Then the specs on their website are lying:

Cooking Surface Material Stainless steel
Newbie
Dec 31, 2006
25 posts
1 upvote
I was just in the Kelowna store and they alhad them at the front selling for this price already.
Member
Feb 5, 2010
400 posts
203 upvotes
Can't even find a video review on this lol

Has anyone seen it in store and how it looks?
Member
Aug 8, 2010
494 posts
545 upvotes
I assume this would be no different than cooking on a normal bbq with a griddle insert and leaving the lid up?

Trying to convince myself I don't need one .....

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)