Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

Electric Heat Gun $9.88 (Reg. $34.99) Nov. 24-Dec. 6

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 1:35 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9826 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Wow. This is a very good price. Too bad I already have it. One thing to note is the switch is not suitable for round metal holster if you plan on putting it on a slat wall beside a work bench and leave it plugged in.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6304 upvotes
Prince George
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Wow. This is a very good price. Too bad I already have it. One thing to note is the switch is not suitable for round metal holster if you plan on putting it on a slat wall beside a work bench and leave it plugged in.
Leave it plugged in? Sure, why not. What could possibly go wrong.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like a good deal! Besides stripping paint & shrink tubing, I found my heat gun (no your hairdryer won't do) to the the ONLY solution to remove decals & glue. We all know what a biaaatch that can be but a good heat gun does the job in a jiff.

Def worthwhile to get it just for that purpose that this price.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5427 posts
5283 upvotes
GTA
Don't be fooled with " sale price" - this is a $9 tool. It works, but don't expect quality plastic or best performance. If you check local HD, sometimes they have Wagner guns on sale from time to time.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Lickzy wrote: Great price until you realize the shit quality, but only after it’s caught fire and burned your house down.
By now any good RFD members found a deal on a fire extinguisher and home insurance... So I wouldn't worry about that :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6947 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
Tommy74 wrote: Don't be fooled with " sale price" - this is a $9 tool. It works, but don't expect quality plastic or best performance. If you check local HD, sometimes they have Wagner guns on sale from time to time.
I have it. I don't recall what I paid and haven't tried other heat guns, but it serves its purpose very well and I would not feel ripped off if I had to pay $25 for another one.
Lickzy wrote: Great price until you realize the shit quality, but only after it’s caught fire and burned your house down.
Worst case scenario, if it did catch fire, hopefully the user would have the presence of mind to unplug it and not let it burn their house down. Anyone who uses a heat gun where they walk away from it is asking for trouble in one form or another.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Nov 22nd, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
Any heat gun should be capable of setting fire to your home. In fact, if I purchased one that wasn't I'd feel I'd been ripped off.
Feb 20, 2011
130 posts
44 upvotes
Is this in stores only? Wanted to grab one but the closes princess auto is a distance away
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7292 posts
71670 upvotes
pikpin wrote: Is this in stores only? Wanted to grab one but the closes princess auto is a distance away
It should be online as well but you have to spend I believe $50 to get free shipping.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
These are great for heat shrink tubing. Also great to use with those solder-less heat shrink wire connectors. I got a whole bunch of these from AliExpress a while back for dirt cheap. Works great.

These are what I am talking about
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
SizzleChest wrote: ...Anyone who uses a heat gun where they walk away from it is asking for trouble in one form or another.
We would think so wouldn't we but never underestimate the mental acuity (or lack thereof) of the average homeownerFlushed Face. Regardless of brand, we all know where they're made so its definitely unwise to leave it on unattended. Unlike your average hairdryer, these things get hot & hot enough to burn sh*t so always be sitware.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
2372 posts
3008 upvotes
Bought 2

These are great for stripping paint
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1420 posts
862 upvotes
jonny_fishead wrote: These can be used to kill weeds also.
Didn't know that's a thing. I'll probably need a flamethrower though given the amount of weed I have.
Oct 7, 2020
178 posts
285 upvotes
Frugal_in_Halifax wrote: They buy it and put it in a box with all the other hot deal items they purchased, and then buy another one when it goes on sale again!
Lol I was thinking the same thing!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2603 posts
1849 upvotes
North Vancouver
Sale price is live now even though it is a day early (just ordered for home delivery)
Basil: Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -?
Nov 24, 2018
765 posts
980 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Sorcerer wrote: Sale price is live now even though it is a day early (just ordered for home delivery)
I found princess auto sale typically 1 day earlier online, this makes senses, since it makes no sense for online comparaison not to offer that time 1day ahead.
===========
Luckymobile (AC+BF deal), 20$ unlimited calls/ text + 3.25gig
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21701 posts
17374 upvotes
Markham
Can use it CAREFULLY to help defrost freezers. Be careful it can melt plastic so when you get close, stop using it and switch to the hairdryer or switch it to low and keep it farther away.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jan 21, 2013
33 posts
11 upvotes
Conception Bay South
They are used in 3D printing, both to clean up the prints and to heat nozzles for cleaning.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)