[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1984 posts
451 upvotes
toronto

[Princess Auto] Foldable work bench $48.88

Hello,
I was at PA Scarborough today and noticed there work table on sale for $48.88. Pretty good price for a simple table.

There are some mixed reviews. Does anyone have any experience with it?

This is also in the flyer.

220 lb Foldable Workbench
SKU: 8667297

https://www.princessauto.com/en/product/PA0008667297
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1651 posts
1993 upvotes
Wonder how secure/stable it is. The music video is intense.
Dec 12, 2013
83 posts
61 upvotes
GTA
I purchased this table on the last sale and returned it a week later. I was not happy with the way the table folded and how you need to insert a secondary rod into the legs. It was a PIA singlehanded and not intuitive.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10620 posts
5923 upvotes
Paris
Winks83 wrote: I purchased this table on the last sale and returned it a week later. I was not happy with the way the table folded and how you need to insert a secondary rod into the legs. It was a PIA singlehanded and not intuitive.
Agreed. The “folding” is very misleading.
Jun 6, 2019
120 posts
142 upvotes
nowhere2010 wrote: Is this same as https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... p.html#srp in canadiantire?
I bought this from CT for $44 sometimes back & really happy with it except that we need to attach that supporting bar for legs but otherwise its been sturdy & no complaints as such.
they look exactly the same. although one has the Mastercraft logo which translates to extra $30 to the non-sale price minus the hassle free return policy.
Apr 11, 2020
232 posts
429 upvotes
desstiny wrote: they look exactly the same. although one has the Mastercraft logo which translates to extra $30 to the non-sale price minus the hassle free return policy.
If they're the same, Canadian tire money would make a nice difference, especially 20x or one of the $xx points on $yy spent offers with filler or buying 2. Unfortunately for me the dimensions are too small for what I'd need.
40L x 24W x 30H
Laminated MDF top so make sure you don't accidentally drill into that top, else the next time water or other liquid hits it it'll swell up in that spot. Also one review stated the ruler and protractor on the table is weakly painted on, washed off after just the first time he cleaned it, im assuming he used some kind of solvent though, maybe was painting on it.
Jul 7, 2020
310 posts
60 upvotes
CrackTheDeal wrote: At my local CT its $44
yeah honestly this is way better than other plastic saw horses or whatever & can't really complain for $44. But i would never buy this for $99 ;)
Nov 13, 2014
121 posts
92 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
You guys should just build one of these. I built a massive foldable workbench last year. If a noob like me can do it I'm sure the rest of you can as well.
Apr 7, 2005
201 posts
24 upvotes
Does the extra rod store inside the folded table?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1984 posts
451 upvotes
toronto
sharkake wrote: You guys should just build one of these. I built a massive foldable workbench last year. If a noob like me can do it I'm sure the rest of you can as well.
With the price of wood, parts and time nowadays I think it would be better to just buy it at this cheap price.
What you can probably do is make a better wooden top and reuse the steel frame.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3464 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone use this as a desk ?

Wonder if I can mount monitor arms on the back. Looking to replace my Ikea desk with something
Feb 25, 2015
952 posts
1161 upvotes
NB
chrisanthony14 wrote: With the price of wood, parts and time nowadays I think it would be better to just buy it at this cheap price.
What you can probably do is make a better wooden top and reuse the steel frame.
A better wooden top won't be cheap either.

If you need a solid work bench, take a look at
https://www.princessauto.com/en/1000-lb-wood-top-workbench-with-power-usb-outlets/product/PA0008963811

The work surface is solid wood, glued into a butcher block. I initially wanted to buy a hardwood countertop and build a custom frame for it, but this was quite a bit cheaper in the end.
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1984 posts
451 upvotes
toronto
undacova wrote: Anyone use this as a desk ?

Wonder if I can mount monitor arms on the back. Looking to replace my Ikea desk with something
Good question!