Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Gardena Micro Drip Oscillating Sprinkler+Hose+Connector Kit $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2021 1:51 pm
[OP]
May 15, 2008
155 posts
316 upvotes

[Princess Auto] Gardena Micro Drip Oscillating Sprinkler+Hose+Connector Kit $29.99

Update: it maybe branded as Scott, still the same Gardena kit
Thanks @YouShurH93521

An older version of the Gardena Micro Drip Oscillating Sprinkler comboed with
5 pc quick connect set, (1) water flow reducer, 5 ft quick connect leader hose, 50 ft tubing, (5) tubing guides, (1) end plug.

The newer base version (Zoom Maxx?) of the sprinkler itself can be found for more than $50, making this a very good deal if you're invested in the Gardena connector system

Copy and paste the link into another tab:
https://www.princessauto.com/en/all-in-1-oscillating-sprinkler-kit/product/PA0008947772
Images
  • Screenshot_20210601_214616.jpg
Last edited by lenovo on Jun 2nd, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
93 replies
Sep 1, 2008
398 posts
528 upvotes
That's not a Gardena, more like a cheap chinese knockoff.
Sep 14, 2012
826 posts
988 upvotes
Toronto
Badder wrote: That's not a Gardena, more like a cheap chinese knockoff.
Indeed. The name "Gardena" should not be in the title of this thread.
Jun 4, 2006
316 posts
181 upvotes
You're sure?

Images
  • Screenshot_20210601-221337.png
[OP]
May 15, 2008
155 posts
316 upvotes
There are Gardena trademarks all over the items in the kit. PA has a pretty generous return policy, doesn't hurt to try

If PA did ship trademarked counterfeit goods then you may be in luck

"The sale and production of counterfeit goods is a crime....Cash rewards are offered to people who call the program and their information leads to an arrest."

https://cacn.ca/report-a-fake/#:~:text= ... 0a%20crime.
Jul 8, 2008
887 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone vouch for its quality? I don’t see any reviews
Sep 1, 2008
398 posts
528 upvotes
lenovo wrote: There are Gardena trademarks all over the items in the kit. PA has a pretty generous return policy, doesn't hurt to try
I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification. Also thanks @thefragger for the clear zoom-in :D
For a genuine Gardena this would be a hot deal.
Personally I don't like oscillating sprinklers because they're less efficient due to winds and in-air water evaporation.
Last edited by Badder on Jun 2nd, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 3, 2006
271 posts
92 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you! I was in need of one for the front yard :)
May 24, 2013
743 posts
174 upvotes
Is this good for narrow lawns) like 3 or 4 feet between townhouses?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4177 posts
3106 upvotes
Toronto
YouShurH93521 wrote: Heck the connectors alone almost make it worth it. I'm in.
Great point, it's a great deal if genuine which it appears to be.

Can't go wrong with PA's return policy either.

Thanks OP.
Jan 24, 2016
85 posts
132 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
YouShurH93521 wrote: Heck the connectors alone almost make it worth it. I'm in.
Anyone with Gardena sprinklers already has a ton of extra connectors, but yes, it is a good deal and very tempting.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2080 posts
2662 upvotes
GTA
This is really to add a sprinkler to a micro drip irrigation system, or start a micro drip system.
It’s not a normal hose attached sprinkler.

Micro drip is Gardena’s drip irrigation system. Expect to pay Gardena prices for this system.
https://www.gardena.com/ca-en/products/ ... icro-drip/

You may be able to use with other drip irrigation systems, with some adapting of pipes.
Aug 29, 2011
120 posts
91 upvotes
Ontario
karlb wrote: This is really to add a sprinkler to a micro drip irrigation system, or start a micro drip system.
It’s not a normal hose attached sprinkler.

Micro drip is Gardena’s drip irrigation system. Expect to pay Gardena prices for this system.
https://www.gardena.com/ca-en/products/ ... icro-drip/

You may be able to use with other drip irrigation systems, with some adapting of pipes.
It sure looks that way. Gardena has an adapter from the irrigation hose quick connect as they call it to their regular quick connect: https://www.gardena.com/int/products/wa ... 900909901/

It looks like the PA kit comes with the adapter, the main concern then becomes "lock-in" with the main / 50ft / black hose going to the sprinkler base. If there is an issue with that hose, you can't replace it with a standard one, as the quick connect on the base of the sprinkler is different from the standard quick connect on the regular base that comes with the zoom maxx (hence the adapter). You will likely need another Gardena irrigation hose.

Also, if the PA kit does indeed come with the same adapter, the adapter description says it adjusts the pressure, so there's a good chance it won't be the same as hooking up a normal hose to the zoom maxx base.

Seems like a good deal if someone is hunting for a replacement sprinkler head and/or the adapter kit, since as someone mentioned earlier, the individual connectors alone sell for $6-10 a pop.
Oct 29, 2019
294 posts
229 upvotes
So I can’t just buy this and expect it to work “off the shelf”? I need other Gardena products to make this kit work?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

wasabi