Expired Hot Deals

Princess Auto

Gorilla Carts 800 lb Steel Utility Cart $98.88 (Reg. $149.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2021 12:09 am
[OP]
Aug 22, 2005
287 posts
118 upvotes
Ontario

[Princess Auto] Gorilla Carts 800 lb Steel Utility Cart $98.88 (Reg. $149.99)

There have been a number of deals on Gorilla Carts plastic dump carts, but I've been waiting for one of these steel models to go on sale. For me the upside is that the sides can be removed turning it into a flatbed cart for larger items. Seems like it gets very good reviews.
4 replies
Dec 9, 2012
47 posts
68 upvotes
I have noticed that Gorilla Carts makes some models specially for PA, the 800lb and 1200lb currently on sale. Picked up the 800lb, fit and finish was not as good as the 600lb dump cart. Found the front axle was cracked, online warranty replied within 6hrs, shipped new part under 24hrs. Good carts still, but just wondering if they are making them to a distributor's price point.
Images
  • GOR800C.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1511 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
I'm glad I didn't jump on the two plastic carts. I think this one will be more versatile and will address my needs more. Thanks OP.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2005
287 posts
118 upvotes
Ontario
MyNameIsDennis wrote: I have noticed that Gorilla Carts makes some models specially for PA, the 800lb and 1200lb currently on sale. Picked up the 800lb, fit and finish was not as good as the 600lb dump cart. Found the front axle was cracked, online warranty replied within 6hrs, shipped new part under 24hrs. Good carts still, but just wondering if they are making them to a distributor's price point.
Given the sales volume of one chain, I think it's unlikely the PA SKU is any different from the one that is sold through Amazon and Walmart, but it is possible these are built to a tighter price point for those retailers. Good to hear that the manufacturer was quick shipping out a replacement part. I'll inspect mine closely when it arrives.
Oct 30, 2020
19 posts
5 upvotes
I already have a wheelbarrow (true Temper) and a gorilla 1,200 lb dump cart. Is the main advantage of these steel carts over the dump carts the ability to remove the sides and thus fit bigger items? (E.g. hot tub)? I really needed the dump feature for moving dirt so I didn’t hesitate when it went on sale.

I think the heaviest item I will haul will be pavers therefore I am thinking the dump cart will be ok since pavers will fit inside the cart.