Expired Hot Deals

Princess Auto

GREAT STUFF Gaps and Cracks Insulating Foam Sealant or Big Gap Filler Insulating Foam Sealant for $3.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 1:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1115 posts
5383 upvotes
MILTON

[Princess Auto] GREAT STUFF Gaps and Cracks Insulating Foam Sealant or Big Gap Filler Insulating Foam Sealant for $3.99

42 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4193 posts
6982 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
that is a better deal than HomeHardware's this week for Mono brand

mono'.PNG
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2005
5032 posts
1413 upvotes
Kitchener
Stuff has an expiry date, so check first before buying
Apr 13, 2003
598 posts
297 upvotes
North York
Every time I buy a can, it's un-usable after the first use. Is there a proper storage procedure/trick or do people try to use up the can before it sets?
Tech Thrive Solutions
Riaz G
CEO, Owner
Web: www.TechThrive.ca | Tel: (647) 361-5977 | Email: riazg@techthrive.ca
Jan 23, 2007
264 posts
277 upvotes
London
find as many projects or things that need this, get a can, and get going. this doesn't sit well after being used the first time, so it's best to do as many things as possible at once
Riaz wrote: Every time I buy a can, it's un-usable after the first use. Is there a proper storage procedure/trick or do people try to use up the can before it sets?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3681 posts
1819 upvotes
Ottawa
Can't cut the nozzle and use 2nd time
Sep 29, 2009
101 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
Drthorne wrote: Stuff has an expiry date, so check first before buying
Damn.
Images
  • 20201017_214723.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1153 posts
2508 upvotes
Riaz wrote: Every time I buy a can, it's un-usable after the first use. Is there a proper storage procedure/trick or do people try to use up the can before it sets?
You tell me if you ever find a trick. Never got it working a second time xD
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 29, 2009
101 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
Just want to add that on the back of the can it says in bold letters one time use should be expected and also cold temperatures adversely affect performance.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2686 posts
832 upvotes
This stuff good for fixing cracks on my garage floor?
Jan 31, 2015
142 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Can i use this around water pipes?
Nov 21, 2014
56 posts
44 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Phat_cow wrote: This stuff good for fixing cracks on my garage floor?
No, that's a job for an epoxy caulk. This stuff is insulating foam.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2303 posts
3017 upvotes
GTA
Like others have said, expect only 1 use out of a can and it expires. That old can likely won't work at all, and any you left over to use in the future is also gonzo.

I gave up on these cans (don't ask me how long/how many useless cans it took me to smarten up...I'd be banned from RFD) and bought the gun that uses the screw on cans. The gun only makes sense if you have a lot of use over a long time, which is me.
Though it is a lot nicer to use; way less mess, so much easier to use.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4182 posts
1753 upvotes
Next time I buy a can of this I'm gonna figure out something creative to do with whatever is left in the can

Any suggestions?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8038 posts
4007 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
karlb wrote: Like others have said, expect only 1 use out of a can and it expires. That old can likely won't work at all, and any you left over to use in the future is also gonzo.

I gave up on these cans (don't ask me how long/how many useless cans it took me to smarten up...I'd be banned from RFD) and bought the gun that uses the screw on cans. The gun only makes sense if you have a lot of use over a long time, which is me.
Though it is a lot nicer to use; way less mess, so much easier to use.
What kind of product is that?
You have a link?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4884 posts
2176 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
It’s probably a better idea to price match at Home Depot, assuming they price match PA, to ensure you get a good date on the can.

EDIT: I should have checked closer. I see now PA sells a smaller than usual can so no PM opportunity. Now I can’t decide if I go to PA today and take my chances or just assume it’s old stuff. I’ve attempted to use a 1 year expired can before and can confirm it did not work.
Jun 10, 2003
748 posts
161 upvotes
Halifax
Buy a foam gun on Amazon that takes the screw on cans, if you will have small jobs spread over a long time its great. I was able to reuse my can like 7 times over 4 months and the gun lets you make perfectly sized foam lines without getting drips everywhere.

It should have been the first thing I bought when I got my house.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1687 posts
315 upvotes
Is this good for gaps between garage door and frame? Will the cold impact it negatively?

Mice have been getting in through these openings now that fall weather is here.