Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] GREAT STUFF Gaps and Cracks Insulating Foam Sealant or Big Gap Filler Insulating Foam Sealant for $3.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 1:55 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4025 posts
1420 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
bobor wrote: Is this good for gaps between garage door and frame? Will the cold impact it negatively?

Mice have been getting in through these openings now that fall weather is here.
I’m not sure if PA has it or not but Great Stuff makes one specifically called “Pest Block”. I believe it has something to discourage them from eating through it but I could be wrong. I’d look at a can of that for your application.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1532 posts
749 upvotes
Is this stuff ok to fill cracks with the intent to keep mice out?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4025 posts
1420 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I’ve really only used it to fill gaps for air sealing but does this provide much of an insulation as well? I’m planning to insulate the garage with batts in the near future but have a few gaps that will be annoying to cut to size. Can I just fill those spots with this the big gap filler or will it not do much for me?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7165 posts
3439 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
97gst wrote: All the "pro" versions have that.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/great- ... 1000517618
Does it work with the caulk gun? Or there is another one just for this?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1757 posts
787 upvotes
Ontario
Squirrel99 wrote: Next time I buy a can of this I'm gonna figure out something creative to do with whatever is left in the can

Any suggestions?
Take a really large container round container and a slightly smaller round container (such as barrels or new garbage cans) put one inside the other and fill the bottom and side gaps with foam and you have a party cooler. Appliance boxes and you have a Hillbilly Hottub!

This stuff needs to be respected and safety glasses worn. A small errant blob when spraying would stick to your eyeball. It is nasty trying to get it off your skin.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2144 posts
2061 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: I’ve really only used it to fill gaps for air sealing but does this provide much of an insulation as well? I’m planning to insulate the garage with batts in the near future but have a few gaps that will be annoying to cut to size. Can I just fill those spots with this the big gap filler or will it not do much for me?
This would work OK as an insulator too. It has a typical insulation value ranging from R-3.5 to R-5 (per inch).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7231 posts
434 upvotes
York
Would it help with the rocker panel rust?
Images
  • 6136B6CD-2692-42F9-B3F0-AE922D2F1429.jpeg
Apr 7, 2007
694 posts
198 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks OP. This is a good find. I always just go to homedepot and end up paying $12-14 things like this. Keep forgetting Princess Auto is also an option.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1616 posts
1948 upvotes
GTA
dankup wrote: Would it help with the rocker panel rust?
No! Will make it worse by trapping water.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1158 posts
336 upvotes
Price match at HD!
Last time I price matched the larger fan at HD they ok'd it
I actually bought too many from HD last time lol
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2089 posts
1109 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone here have any recommendations to seal a hole around a pipe in the concrete ceiling and in my concrete floor? I have about a 1 foot hole surrounding a drainage pipe in my floor and in my ceiling. The condo builder never sealed these holes around the drainage pipes under the bathtubs and it results in water leaks in everyone's condos.

The solution needs to create a waterproof seal so that any water leaks stay isolated to each condo. Someone mentioned using a layer hydraulic quick dry cement combined with an expanding foam that would bind to the concrete. I just don't know what foam to use that will create a lasting seal.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Aug 29, 2011
76 posts
18 upvotes
I price matched at HD (Downsview) but not before getting an earful about how they are different. Reason: the black can has red around the logo in the Princess Auto flyer.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1021 posts
431 upvotes
Vancouver
deal_king wrote: Anyone here have any recommendations to seal a hole around a pipe in the concrete ceiling and in my concrete floor? I have about a 1 foot hole surrounding a drainage pipe in my floor and in my ceiling. The condo builder never sealed these holes around the drainage pipes under the bathtubs and it results in water leaks in everyone's condos.

The solution needs to create a waterproof seal so that any water leaks stay isolated to each condo. Someone mentioned using a layer hydraulic quick dry cement combined with an expanding foam that would bind to the concrete. I just don't know what foam to use that will create a lasting seal.
If the pipes are penetrating through a fire rated wall or floor, those holes actually have to be fire stopped. The building should not have received occupancy permit if it was never done.

Also, if you're in a strata building, any work on the structure is probably their responsibility. You can be liable for damages if you cause any issues while doing it yourself.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1021 posts
431 upvotes
Vancouver
I've stored and reused spray foam canisters. You basically have to remove the straw after use and then clean out any holes where the stuff can dry out and plug up the spray path. On the can side, I used a small flat head screw driver to remove any residual foam inside the hole. I do the same thing on the straw/gun. Afterwards, I put a little bit of aluminum duct tape around the tip of the can to keep air out. Note this only works on brands where you can separate the straw from the gun. It'll be difficult to clean the ones where the gun/straw is a one-piece design.
Sep 19, 2014
18 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
If you want to re use a can, or clean up foam before it sets, drip some acetone on it. It disolves it immediately into nothingness.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10637 posts
4997 upvotes
This stuff is great
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Aug 29, 2011
76 posts
18 upvotes
evaeun wrote: If you want to re use a can, or clean up foam before it sets, drip some acetone on it. It disolves it immediately into nothingness.
Does Varsol work too?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1062 posts
817 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Riaz wrote: Every time I buy a can, it's un-usable after the first use. Is there a proper storage procedure/trick or do people try to use up the can before it sets?
buy a proper gun from ebay. With the guns you can save what you don't use, just have to flush it monthly if not in use. You get your money back after 3 or 4 cans.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Wide-Bead-Foam- ... SwLrleq2vR
Jun 27, 2020
48 posts
49 upvotes
Kingston
Squirrel99 wrote: Next time I buy a can of this I'm gonna figure out something creative to do with whatever is left in the can

Any suggestions?
Last time I had leftover, I put a bottle on a flat piece of drywall and made a volcano shape around it. it looked awesome and looked reel with the lines of foam going up and down; almost looked like rocks. I did the mistake of trying to spray paint it. the paint attacked the foam. But it was a nice volcano for the kids, to put vinegar and baking soda.

The other thing you can do, is to take a strong enough box; fill it with foam (you can put a bag in it) and fill spray foam in it. once it's cured, you have a nice chunk of foam that you can custom cut for your tools to put in your toolbox / carry bag. Or just a big chunk of foam to stab your screwdrivers and bits in. Or if you're more adventurous, wrap your tools in a few layers of plastic bag (really tight, you don't want foam to touch your tool), and put them in the box with the foam. Then gently cut around if you need to while removing it. You now have a nice foam cutout of whatever tool that you can use for whatever purpose you can think of.