Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

GREAT STUFF Gaps and Cracks, Window and Door, Big Gap Filler Insulating Foam Sealant (12 OZ cans) for $3.99/$4.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2020 11:27 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1634 posts
9454 upvotes
MILTON

[Princess Auto] GREAT STUFF Gaps and Cracks, Window and Door, Big Gap Filler Insulating Foam Sealant (12 OZ cans) for $3.99/$4.99

20 replies
Oct 24, 2006
287 posts
787 upvotes
Regina
Anyone know roughly how many cans one would need for a standard window? Looking at replacing 13 windows in my house.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
3194 posts
493 upvotes
Bought this a few months back. Didn’t know it was a one time use. The foam solidifies in the straw so you can’t really use it again. Any tips on using the rest of the product in the bottle?
Aug 31, 2015
78 posts
125 upvotes
Brampton, ON
philelmo wrote: Bought this a few months back. Didn’t know it was a one time use. The foam solidifies in the straw so you can’t really use it again. Any tips on using the rest of the product in the bottle?
your screwed. its garbage now.
Aug 31, 2015
78 posts
125 upvotes
Brampton, ON
farago2r wrote: Anyone know roughly how many cans one would need for a standard window? Looking at replacing 13 windows in my house.
depends on the size of windows and gaps left after install. I'd cater 2 per window and maybe buy a a few extra.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2009
1143 posts
877 upvotes
anyone knows how i should pick which one to use?
I am planning to redo my kitchen vent, so i will probably need some of these.
Jan 14, 2017
300 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
Opportunity to price match at HD.

I've used all of these during a full home Reno. Regular is for less than 1" gaps and big gap filler is for anything larger. The foam is rigid when it cures.

The window and doors version when cured is much more soft, squishy, and flexible so use it anywhere you need to take contraction and expansion into account.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1702 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
philelmo wrote: Bought this a few months back. Didn’t know it was a one time use. The foam solidifies in the straw so you can’t really use it again. Any tips on using the rest of the product in the bottle?
Not true, I opened one up last week and used it. Last night just shook the can and picked off the end of the tip like a scab (where it hardens) and then it worked like normal.
Apr 9, 2019
183 posts
271 upvotes
Great timing as ive been planning to keep working on basement reno and need more of this stuff. Could you pricematch this to homedepot for further discount?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5211 posts
2024 upvotes
I always try and keep a few of these. One time use suckkkks though, such a waste.
Let's hug it out
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5739 upvotes
I had the same issue..what a waste of $$$
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
battleponcho wrote: Great timing as ive been planning to keep working on basement reno and need more of this stuff. Could you pricematch this to homedepot for further discount?
home depot are 16 oz cans, these are 12oz
Got that FIDO account!
Feb 14, 2005
843 posts
623 upvotes
Toronto
Never used this brand, but I used Lepage Quad Foam before and the straw can be rinsed out with acetone, even after it has dried and caked. Give it a try before throwing the can away.

EDIT: checked the msds for this stuff and it's polyurethane, which is the same as quad foam. Acetone should dissolve it. If you're looking for acetone, use your partner's nail polish remover.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3177 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
According to this video, if your foam gets jammed after drying up just cut off the end of the straw

Great Stuff
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8257 posts
5760 upvotes
I bought a can last year, didn't end up using it, had a use for it this year, shook it well for a few minutes, realized it was completely solid in the can lol *facepalam*

Bought another can and was very surprised at how much it expanded

Wish they had smaller sizes so there is less waste =/
Sep 23, 2018
38 posts
39 upvotes
Turn upside down and blast clear like spray paint.
4 years after first use it still goes.
+1 on the acetone as plan B. Acetone if on sale buy because it is extremely useful solvent and not that toxic as your body makes small amounts of it naturally. Good for keeping skin off paint in cans.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3177 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone with extras dm me. Local store ran out!
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Jan 12, 2007
461 posts
170 upvotes
EscaBoi wrote: Not true, I opened one up last week and used it. Last night just shook the can and picked off the end of the tip like a scab (where it hardens) and then it worked like normal.
Was your filled solid throughout the whole tube? if it is the ends only I can understand how it worked.. I have a couple of cans of these left over but I think they are garbage now..