Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] GREAT STUFF Gaps and Cracks, Window and Door, Big Gap Filler Insulating Foam Sealant (12 OZ cans) for $3.99/$4.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2020 11:27 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
843 posts
3528 upvotes
MILTON

[Princess Auto] GREAT STUFF Gaps and Cracks, Window and Door, Big Gap Filler Insulating Foam Sealant (12 OZ cans) for $3.99/$4.99

20 replies
Oct 24, 2006
146 posts
186 upvotes
Regina
Anyone know roughly how many cans one would need for a standard window? Looking at replacing 13 windows in my house.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
3092 posts
319 upvotes
Bought this a few months back. Didn’t know it was a one time use. The foam solidifies in the straw so you can’t really use it again. Any tips on using the rest of the product in the bottle?
既生瑜,何生亮?

Ebay Feedback
Aug 31, 2015
26 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton, ON
philelmo wrote: Bought this a few months back. Didn’t know it was a one time use. The foam solidifies in the straw so you can’t really use it again. Any tips on using the rest of the product in the bottle?
your screwed. its garbage now.
Aug 31, 2015
26 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton, ON
farago2r wrote: Anyone know roughly how many cans one would need for a standard window? Looking at replacing 13 windows in my house.
depends on the size of windows and gaps left after install. I'd cater 2 per window and maybe buy a a few extra.
Sep 25, 2009
381 posts
259 upvotes
anyone knows how i should pick which one to use?
I am planning to redo my kitchen vent, so i will probably need some of these.
Jan 14, 2017
229 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
Opportunity to price match at HD.

I've used all of these during a full home Reno. Regular is for less than 1" gaps and big gap filler is for anything larger. The foam is rigid when it cures.

The window and doors version when cured is much more soft, squishy, and flexible so use it anywhere you need to take contraction and expansion into account.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1535 posts
140 upvotes
philelmo wrote: Bought this a few months back. Didn’t know it was a one time use. The foam solidifies in the straw so you can’t really use it again. Any tips on using the rest of the product in the bottle?
Not true, I opened one up last week and used it. Last night just shook the can and picked off the end of the tip like a scab (where it hardens) and then it worked like normal.
Apr 9, 2019
32 posts
27 upvotes
Great timing as ive been planning to keep working on basement reno and need more of this stuff. Could you pricematch this to homedepot for further discount?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4699 posts
1152 upvotes
I always try and keep a few of these. One time use suckkkks though, such a waste.
Let's hug it out
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14191 posts
3330 upvotes
I had the same issue..what a waste of $$$
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2849 posts
1635 upvotes
battleponcho wrote: Great timing as ive been planning to keep working on basement reno and need more of this stuff. Could you pricematch this to homedepot for further discount?
home depot are 16 oz cans, these are 12oz
Got that Fido Account!
Feb 14, 2005
523 posts
126 upvotes
Never used this brand, but I used Lepage Quad Foam before and the straw can be rinsed out with acetone, even after it has dried and caked. Give it a try before throwing the can away.

EDIT: checked the msds for this stuff and it's polyurethane, which is the same as quad foam. Acetone should dissolve it. If you're looking for acetone, use your partner's nail polish remover.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)