Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Hyper Tough 10 in. 20V Li-ion Cordless Auto-Oiling Chainsaw with battery, charger and blade sheath for $89.99 w/FS

[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
910 posts
3893 upvotes
MILTON

[Princess Auto] Hyper Tough 10 in. 20V Li-ion Cordless Auto-Oiling Chainsaw with battery, charger and blade sheath for $89.99 w/FS

• SKU 8962060
  • Package (L x W x H) 29.6 x 9.2 x 8 in.
  • Weight 10.1 lbs
  • Power Source 2.0 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery
  • Battery Type Lithium-Ion
  • Item Name 10 in. 20V Li-ion Cordless Auto-Oiling Chainsaw
  • Bar Length (in.) 10
  • Packaging (qty) 1

15 replies
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1175 upvotes
Not trying to be smart . How thick of a wood piece could this cut ?
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3089 posts
1585 upvotes
West Coast
2ah seems pretty small for such an application. Good price and PA has a great return policy, but I've never seen chainsaws come with such a small battery
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Aug 25, 2019
477 posts
458 upvotes
Was going to get a couple till I saw 1 star at Amazon AND Out of Stock there....I wonder why...hmmm Smiling Face With Sunglasses
"It is not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Anonymous
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13367 posts
3752 upvotes
RFD
I wonder how much PA bought these from Walmart liquidation?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1195 posts
194 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
Richfields wrote: 2ah seems pretty small for such an application. Good price and PA has a great return policy, but I've never seen chainsaws come with such a small battery
2ah @ 20V is indeed very small battery capacity for a chainsaw though that 10" bar might be even more limiting. I use a 2ah @ 80V battery on my Kobalt chainsaw and I'll cycle through all 3 of my batteries during typical log cutting. My cordless chainsaw is a blessing after using a loud, hard to start 2-cycle saw but this thing is essentially a toy.
"The world has moved on."
Roland the Gunslinger
Apr 8, 2013
370 posts
181 upvotes
Ottawa
Ctrl-Z wrote: 2ah @ 20V is indeed very small battery capacity for a chainsaw though that 10" bar might be even more limiting. I use a 2ah @ 80V battery on my Kobalt chainsaw and I'll cycle through all 3 of my batteries during typical log cutting. My cordless chainsaw is a blessing after using a loud, hard to start 2-cycle saw but this thing is essentially a toy.
Agree with you on that one! I’ve had countless gas saws over the years and when battery units started appearing I was skeptical at their rated performance and capabilities. In 2018/2019 I bought the dewalt 20v chainsaw since I was already in dewalts 20v battery eco system, and was shocked at the performance that little saw had. I use 5ah batteries on mine and they last a decent length of time.
I don’t imagine a 2ah battery would last too long, and would probably need a few on hand to keep going. Perhaps this saw is good for heavy pruning and light cutting, but that’s about it.
Beauty, eh?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5041 posts
2478 upvotes
Ottawa
What possible use could this be?

(and this from somebody who needs zero prompting to buy tools)
Apr 13, 2008
216 posts
299 upvotes
Bancroft
CaptSmethwick wrote: What possible use could this be?
I'm looking at it to clean out some property. It sounds good for the saplings that the brush hog can't handle.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3406 posts
872 upvotes
Toronto
CaptSmethwick wrote: What possible use could this be?

(and this from somebody who needs zero prompting to buy tools)
I like toys too. But a swede saw is pretty efficient and never needs charging. Mine only gets used a couple of times a year.
Dec 18, 2005
954 posts
1044 upvotes
Montreal
pfbmgd wrote: Not trying to be smart . How thick of a wood piece could this cut ?
I have this saw. I bought it during a season end liquidation at Walmart for less than 40$.

It's good enough for small trees, like up to 8 inches in diameter. I cut down an old cedar with mine.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5041 posts
2478 upvotes
Ottawa
dhomas wrote: I have this saw. I bought it during a season end liquidation at Walmart for less than 40$.

It's good enough for small trees, like up to 8 inches in diameter. I cut down an old cedar with mine.
8" on one charge? Better than I would have guessed tbh
Dec 18, 2005
954 posts
1044 upvotes
Montreal
CaptSmethwick wrote: 8" on one charge? Better than I would have guessed tbh
I was quite surprised myself. I even got through some of the roots after I was done. Finished up with a second battery I have from a hedge trimmer I got during a similar clearance deal. Those Hyper Tough products are actually not half bad for the price (when you get them on clearance, anyway).
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1549 posts
1217 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
I agree with some of the other posters in their positive feedback on this cordless chainsaw. I purchased one from WM about a year ago on clearance for $50 and used it last summer on our 15 acre conservation property. I wasn't expecting much in performance given the small 20v battery.
We spent a good part of an afternoon trimming up about 30 branches that ranged in size between 4" to 8" diameter branches. We not only cut the branches from the tree but cut them into smaller sizes after cutting from the tree. We also cut countless smaller 1"- 2" branches along our trail on top of the bigger jobs mentioned. That entire afternoon job only consumed about half of the battery capacity. I was very pleased and impressed in it's battery performance for that job.

I have since used it for similar smaller jobs around my home and at friends/neighbors and it has performed well. I certainly wouldn't recommend this cordless chainsaw for massive tree-cutting or tree removal jobs and I don't think most would expect that kind of performance from a 20V <$100 cordless saw. The only drawback I have found so far, it drips oil for some time after use so you have to clean it up well before storing. They even recommend removing any oil if storing long-term.

While the WM deal was better, you would need the infamous time machine, so the PA deal seems decent. Thanks for posting OP Smiling Face With Open Mouth