Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

Ingersoll-Rand EDGE Series 1770G 1/2" drive Air Ratchet - $80.63

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 8:17 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto

[Princess Auto] Ingersoll-Rand EDGE Series 1770G 1/2" drive Air Ratchet - $80.63

EDGE Series 1770G 1/2 in. dr Air Ratchet - $80.63 (clearance):

Brand Name Ingersoll Rand
Item Name Air Ratchet
Type 1/2 in. dr air ratchet
Air Inlet (in.) 1/4 NPTF in.
Square Drive Size (in.) 1/2 in.
Pressure Rating (PSI) 90 PSI
Average CFM @ 15 Second Run Time (CFM) 3 CFM
CFM @ Full Load (CFM) 20 CFM
Torque Range (ft-lb) 10 to 55 ft-lb
Speed Rating (RPM) 170 RPM
Min. Hose Size (in.) 3/8 in.
Overall Length (in.) 10.4 in.
Material Aluminum
Packaging (qty) 1 qty
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8342743e

EDGE Series 1/2 in. Impact and 3/8 in. Ratchet Combo Kit - $229.99:

Brand Name Ingersoll Rand
Item Name EDGE Series 1/2 in. Impact and 3/8 in. Ratchet Combo Kit
Type Combo Kit
Air Inlet (in.) 1/4 in.
Square Drive Size (in.) 1/2 in. Impact / 3/8 in. Ratchet in.
Average CFM @ 15 Second Run Time (CFM) 22 CFM Impact / 20 CFM Ratchet CFM
Torque Range (ft-lb) 25 - 350 ft-lbs Impact / 10 - 55 ft-lbs Ratchet ft-lb
Speed Rating (RPM) (Impact) 8000 RPM
Min. Hose Size (in.) 1/4 in.
Overall Length (in.) 7.3 in. Impact / 10.4 in. Ratchet in.
Includes 6 pc socket set
Packaging (qty) 1 qty
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8844425e

And for those looking for lower-end, PA also has this 1/2" ProPoint air impact on clearance for $72.83:

Brand Name Pro.Point
Item Name 1/2 in. dr Maintenance Free Air Impact Wrench
Type 1/2 in. dr Air Impact Wrench
Air Inlet (in.) 1/4 in.
Square Drive Size (in.) 1/2 in.
Average CFM @ 15 Second Run Time (CFM) 4.2 CFM
CFM @ Full Load (CFM) 10 CFM
Hammer Mechanism Twin
Torque Range (ft-lb) 650 ft-lb
Speed Rating (RPM) 7000 RPM
Min. Hose Size (in.) 3/8 in.
Overall Length (in.) 7-1/2 in.
Material Vinyl
Packaging (qty) 1 qty
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8306052e
10 replies
Dec 30, 2017
752 posts
880 upvotes
GTA
I am a newbie ... Please suggest for changing tyres(already have a small compressor).
Also maintenance/storage since won't see too much usage.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1600 posts
950 upvotes
GTA
justrajdeep wrote: I am a newbie ... Please suggest for changing tyres(already have a small compressor).
This won't work for you <- Small Compressors 99% of the time won't run air tools
Best bet, is a Torque wrench and breaker bar at Canadian Tire when they go on sale "combo"
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2624 upvotes
Just buy the wired impact wrench from CT. They usually go on sale for 60% off like they did a few weeks ago $59.99 if I remember correctly. I've been using mine for years and more than enough power.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
justrajdeep wrote: I am a newbie ... Please suggest for changing tyres(already have a small compressor).
The $72 on sale pro-point gun likely will work with your small compressor, however it will only deliver usable power for like 10-15 secs until the air reservoir/ tank gets exhausted - but you'll have all the lug nuts off the tire by then. Wait for the tank to recharge before you doing the next tire.

The nice thing about princess auto is that if it doesn't work - just take it back, no hassle

Edit - when looking at impact wrenches, look for "twin hammer" guns ( usually 400+ ftbs) The really cheap single hammer guns (less than 300 ft-lbs) usually won't cut it
Last edited by l69norm on Jul 15th, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2896 posts
2002 upvotes
GTA
Get mileaukee m12 impact (1/2”) cordless
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2696 posts
592 upvotes
North York
justrajdeep wrote: I will probably get the CT one.
Good luck with that - get the warranty on the battery. I have a mastercraft sitting on a shelf here with no replacement batteries available. Someday I'll toss it, or attempt to get new cells and rebuild the battery.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
cliff wrote: Good luck with that - get the warranty on the battery. I have a mastercraft sitting on a shelf here with no replacement batteries available. Someday I'll toss it, or attempt to get new cells and rebuild the battery.
I have the same thing.. Lasted maybe 2 tire changes. Nice unit, but no replacement batteries available. It came with nice case, with compartment for accessories also. It's a shame.
Bought an IR231 after that (since I had a nice devilbiss compressor), which is great. And 3 yrs ago, I upgraded to an Aircat 1150. If you buy air version, the most important part of the equation (after the compressor itself) is the fittings. Make sure to get hi-flow fittings. Otherwise you may blame the gun, when in reality the gun is just not getting enough air.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
cliff wrote: Good luck with that - get the warranty on the battery. I have a mastercraft sitting on a shelf here with no replacement batteries available. Someday I'll toss it, or attempt to get new cells and rebuild the battery.
I believe jdeep was referring to getting the CT corded impact instead, but I know what you mean about Mastercraft batteries - they are horrible.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
Emporium wrote: I have the same thing.. Lasted maybe 2 tire changes. Nice unit, but no replacement batteries available. It came with nice case, with compartment for accessories also. It's a shame.
Bought an IR231 after that (since I had a nice devilbiss compressor), which is great. And 3 yrs ago, I upgraded to an Aircat 1150. If you buy air version, the most important part of the equation (after the compressor itself) is the fittings. Make sure to get hi-flow fittings. Otherwise you may blame the gun, when in reality the gun is just not getting enough air.
true, I also find that most beginners buying air tools think their pancake compressor will do the trick and have no concept of cfm or psi and/or don't use proper fittings and they end up returning a perfectly good deal blaming the guns

when in doubt, go with electric or learn - sometimes it's not always better to buy first, think later lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)