Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

Low profile 2 ton floor jack $24.94 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 7:22 am
Oct 20, 2019
843 posts
1709 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you know if other branches would adjust the price to reflect the Kanata branch? I called another branch & the lady said they can't adjust their price to match another branch :/ but i heard from people here that it's possible.
Sep 9, 2020
37 posts
39 upvotes
Oshawa
sonyminidiscman wrote: You should flip the car upside down to change the tires. Otherwise the tire fluids will leak.
just came to upvote this LOL
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2288 posts
1932 upvotes
Anybody able to get this deal in GTA?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1871 posts
4148 upvotes
stephroll wrote: Took picture This is on a Dodge Journey 19" wheels 3" clearance under tire after full extend of jack
I have noticed when using smaller jacks if I don’t position the jack perpendicular to the vehicle, the rear wheel would lift up. Should the jack be perpendicular to the vehicle when jacking the car up?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1415 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
sonyminidiscman wrote: You should flip the car upside down to change the tires. Otherwise the tire fluids will leak.
really? is this a thing? how do you even flip it upside down? do you put it on a rotisserie or something? i see most shops put it on a lift but if u do it at home, how do you flip it upside down?¿
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2809 posts
6130 upvotes
Vancouver
stephroll wrote: Took picture This is on a Dodge Journey 19" wheels 3" clearance under tire after full extend of jack
Completely pointless pic

First of all, you're not going to be lifting from there, and second of all you're going to be putting jack stands on underneath
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
2284 posts
2581 upvotes
Toronto
I think for simple tire changes 3" is enough, i generally only take it up an inch higher than required for tire changes.

I am concerned about the look in that picture, back wheel does seem to be off the ground and jack cannot be stable. I like the Costco Torin jacks are the are wide and solid, even with tire changes i wouldn't get anywhere near a car unless the jack is solid and stable, not worth getting killed because i saved a couple of dollars on a jack.

Could be the pavement is severely sloped, if hat is the case i wouldn't be jacking from that location.

Hopefully it is the angle of the picture, but is worrisome!
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1469 posts
491 upvotes
Looks like a good deal only if one can get it at this price! Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
2284 posts
2581 upvotes
Toronto
While the proper method is to jack and use jack stands, I have stands but for tire changes i put on the emergency brake, wheel chock a tire, jack and place one of the tires under the side of the vehicle as a safety. If i go under the car then obviously jack stands.

Not say my method is right, but works for me.

Also some vehicles today have bottom plastic skirting all round cannot get to the underneath jack points, have to utilize the side mounts and they are only wide enough in most cases for a single jack point. They do have a special jack stand (Rennstand) that is capable of being used for the pinch weld, the jack itself pushes up so that the rennstand stand and jack can be used simultaneously.

For me i prefer to jack from underneath the vehicle, tire under the pinch weld area for safety and don't see me changing. Same process with no access to underneath i jack from the pinch weld and again tire as a safety.

Again i have jack stands, basically use when i need to work under the car itself not on tire changes. With some modern vehicles you have no access to underneath jack points unless you start removing plastic underneath cover pieces....so pinch weld is the best way with the special Rennstand dual purpose item.

Car manufacturers try and make it harder for individuals to service anything on their cars these days.

RENNSTAND.png
RENNSTAND 2.png
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Jul 20, 2011
102 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
Both Hamilton and St. Catherine's have these for $99.99, no dice!
Jan 10, 2006
774 posts
683 upvotes
stephroll wrote: Picked up at the Kanata store they had 5 left . Reg: $99.99
Is this only at the Kanata store? I called the Laval store and they have 20 but said it's $99.99.
Jan 19, 2005
83 posts
43 upvotes
Barrie
Went to Barrie store, many in stock, but at price $99. No luck.