Princess Auto

Manual Transfer Pump - $ 5.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2023 10:50 am
25 replies
Jun 25, 2006
325 posts
211 upvotes
I used this for filling gear oil into my rear differential and transfer case. It works very well. Just add some oil around the rubber part inside so it can move easier in the beginning.
Nov 21, 2016
341 posts
601 upvotes
abbotsford
deal4me wrote: I used this for filling gear oil into my rear differential and transfer case. It works very well. Just add some oil around the rubber part inside so it can move easier in the beginning.
The tube looks thick, or is it just the photo? Do you think it’s narrow enough to fit into cars oil cap to draw a little oil out? I could see myself using it for that in cases I may have overfilled the oil by a little bit.
Nov 1, 2017
61 posts
32 upvotes
gyggyg wrote: The tube looks thick, or is it just the photo? Do you think it’s narrow enough to fit into cars oil cap to draw a little oil out? I could see myself using it for that in cases I may have overfilled the oil by a little bit.
If it's the same as the model I have (which I think it is judging by the pics) there's a smaller diameter hose you can attach to suck out fluids. In the image, it's coiled inside the thicker tube with the spring on the end (bottom left). I've used it for tranny fluid extraction - slow, but it works.
Jun 25, 2006
325 posts
211 upvotes
gyggyg wrote: The tube looks thick, or is it just the photo? Do you think it’s narrow enough to fit into cars oil cap to draw a little oil out? I could see myself using it for that in cases I may have overfilled the oil by a little bit.
It may not fit in the dipstick and I don't think using this for oil change gets all the oil out.
Nov 21, 2016
341 posts
601 upvotes
abbotsford
donohuem wrote: If it's the same as the model I have (which I think it is judging by the pics) there's a smaller diameter hose you can attach to suck out fluids. In the image, it's coiled inside the thicker tube with the spring on the end (bottom left). I've used it for tranny fluid extraction - slow, but it works.
deal4me wrote: It may not fit in the dipstick and I don't think using this for oil change gets all the oil out.
I won’t use it to do an oil change or anything, but as long as it can fit into the cap to draw out 1/4 of a litre if it ever gets overfilled, then that’s fine by me.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2517 posts
1851 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Must... not... make... jokes...
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10423 posts
11100 upvotes
Toronto
This'll come in handy for anyone with a snowblower.
Feb 26, 2011
944 posts
1013 upvotes
Calgary
Does pumping need to happen the whole time or is it possible to get a siphon going?
Looking at maybe using this for aquarium
Aug 29, 2010
766 posts
653 upvotes
Toronto
Nice, need to change my differential oil soon. I wish it was a clear tube though, it'd be nice to see the fluid.
Aug 2, 2010
99 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary
gyggyg wrote: I won’t use it to do an oil change or anything, but as long as it can fit into the cap to draw out 1/4 of a litre if it ever gets overfilled, then that’s fine by me.
You won't be able to get a hose to the oil pan from the oil cap. The valvetrain is in the way...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3626 posts
2286 upvotes
West Coast
Tangerined wrote: You won't be able to get a hose to the oil pan from the oil cap. The valvetrain is in the way...
you'd go through the dipstick, not the oil-fill cap
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Aug 2, 2010
99 posts
64 upvotes
Calgary
Richfields wrote: you'd go through the dipstick, not the oil-fill cap
Yes exactly, he's saying he wanted to go through the oil cap.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10148 posts
990 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op, ordered two online, shipped out next week
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4913 posts
2182 upvotes
WFH
Great deal. Scamazon sells the same pump with different branding for 4x the price.
Aug 8, 2010
490 posts
537 upvotes
yesdeals wrote: does princes auto still offer free shipping?
No
That was only during COVID IIRC

Thanks OP
picked up one today
May 14, 2007
119 posts
55 upvotes
Revelstoke
The one review says it will leak gas.. thoughts? I'm looking for something to empty snowblower/lawnmower at end of season