Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

Monster 12-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector with USB/Type-C Ports ($25.01) - Deal dead

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2022 9:14 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15128 upvotes
This seems pretty good. Plus I think those USB ports are going to do much closer to rated power than the likes of the Prime stuff at Costblo. Only thing is the only place I can think of needing this is behind my TV (where I already have an older type APC surge protector) and then I probably wouldn't really use those USB ports in that location, anyway.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3659 posts
1569 upvotes
Just to add my own feedback on the Costco long red metallic multi outlet bar - I can confirm it's junk. Mine failed within 6 wks where none of the outlets worked anymore yet not status lights (grounded and protected) were lit up as normal.

Went to unplug what was plugged into one of its outlets and the plastic part of the outlet Jack came out with the appliance plug!

Returned to Costco for full refund of course.
ES_Revenge wrote: This seems pretty good. Plus I think those USB ports are going to do much closer to rated power than the likes of the Prime stuff at Costblo. Only thing is the only place I can think of needing this is behind my TV (where I already have an older type APC surge protector) and then I probably wouldn't really use those USB ports in that location, anyway.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15128 upvotes
mangoman wrote: Just to add my own feedback on the Costco long red metallic multi outlet bar - I can confirm it's junk. Mine failed within 6 wks where none of the outlets worked anymore yet not status lights (grounded and protected) were lit up as normal.

Went to unplug what was plugged into one of its outlets and the plastic part of the outlet Jack came out with the appliance plug!

Returned to Costco for full refund of course.
Yeah the Prime stuff is definitely not top quality. The fact they can clear them out regularly at like $10 and still bring them back and keep selling more and the later clearing them out again says they're making money even selling them at clearance prices lol. I haven't had problems with my Prime stuff but you can tell it's not anything premium. At the price you can't beat 'em but I'm using those things in my garage, not for expensive A/V stuff inside the house, that's for sure!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
2197 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
For whatever it's worth, the USB-C port can pump out ~13W to my laptop according to my Prime Cables USB-C cable.

Cable is good since it reports 60W on my 60W charging block.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3538 posts
2686 upvotes
BBTechZone wrote: according to my training 18 years ago..... YES
Along with that solid 10% commission.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1450 posts
1248 upvotes
Vancouver
Good deal, thanks OP.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15128 upvotes
solo. wrote: For whatever it's worth, the USB-C port can pump out ~13W to my laptop according to my Prime Cables USB-C cable.

Cable is good since it reports 60W on my 60W charging block.
Seems about right. The C port is rated for 3A but only at 5V (no PD nor QC spoofing here), so 15W would be the max. Interestingly the other (A) port is only rated for 1A, so it's only good for 5W charging--not very useful in this day and age. As a note the USB-C port on the tacky-lookin' Prime Cables one is no better--same 5V/3A, but it does have four A ports rated for 2.4A (12W) each, but whether they actually give that much power is another story of course.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2019
2098 posts
5277 upvotes
North York ON
drqnite wrote: Ya was thinking the same, setups with monitors, gaming laptops/desktops, powered standing desks etc Monster seems better.

any code to get free shipping?

edit:
without free shipping its almost double the price of primecables
Don't know if they're gonna run it again this year but last Oct had no minimum FS. Might still be in stock in a few days and if the stars align, get your free shipping.
Feb 13, 2008
852 posts
591 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
flame02 wrote: But will it get me better picture and sound?
If you 'think it' then you will get better picture and sound! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2209 posts
903 upvotes
Edmonton
Not bad.

I could use another one as whoever finished the basement here decided that two outlets was the right number to put in a single room - and one of them is in the goddamn closet.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12125 posts
7294 upvotes
Paris
Skadefryd wrote: Not bad.

I could use another one as whoever finished the basement here decided that two outlets was the right number to put in a single room - and one of them is in the goddamn closet.
Im building a workshop and my buddy is (re)finishing his basement. We both looked over each other’s outlet plans and jointly decided no matter where we put them we would have needed another one 6” further or closer.

Also, solid deal OP. Headed to PA tomorrow I guess!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5302 posts
3765 upvotes
Vancouver
GiOBoY wrote: The primecables deal is probably better IMO.
https://www.primecables.ca/primecables- ... #sku423043
Actually no this is a better deal. You are paying $5 more for a surge protector that statistically should last 2x longer. Basically 25% extra for 234.375% the protection. This is of course assuming you want a surge protector and not just extra outlets.
Sep 15, 2008
169 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary
no stock near my location
none online
Sep 15, 2008
169 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary
what are those two ports on the right that say IN and OUT? prob. a noob qs
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2917 posts
4995 upvotes
Atlantic
blort128 wrote: what are those two ports on the right that say IN and OUT? prob. a noob qs
Looks to be COAX
Sep 15, 2008
169 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary
COAX is at the bottom...
I'm looking into these
Images
  • 8995195_original.jpg
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22924 upvotes
Toronto
blort128 wrote: COAX is at the bottom...
I'm looking into these
RJ11 phone jacks
Destiny is all
Jul 21, 2020
166 posts
102 upvotes
Shipping is $8

Thinking if this is still worth it.

Good brand, good protection, quality looks great
Nov 3, 2003
764 posts
409 upvotes