Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Mr. Buddy Heaters

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 11:49 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 17, 2019
50 posts
52 upvotes

[Princess Auto] Mr. Buddy Heaters

Big buddy, buddy and little buddy heaters on clearance at Princess Auto. Was able to pick up a big buddy for $141 all in. Great price on the little buddy for those who want to get into ice fishing.
44 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16640 posts
5921 upvotes
Do bear in mind that these are bad for human health, you are breathing untreated concentrated exhaust.
Here is some information:
https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environm ... alth-risks

https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/ar ... as-heaters

https://www.abe.iastate.edu/extension-a ... s-aen-204/
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2003
650 posts
87 upvotes
Halifax
Quentin5 wrote: Do bear in mind that these are bad for human health, you are breathing untreated concentrated exhaust.
Here is some information:
https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environm ... alth-risks

https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/ar ... as-heaters

https://www.abe.iastate.edu/extension-a ... s-aen-204/
Wow I cant believe there are unvented heaters for houses, insane. I can understand a leaky fish hut where you are always getting fresh air but inside a house that is supposed to be as air tight as possible...
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1418 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
Pretty good price on the Big Buddy as I ordered one a few years back on Amazon for $114.50.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16640 posts
5921 upvotes
instanoodles wrote: Wow I cant believe there are unvented heaters for houses, insane. I can understand a leaky fish hut where you are always getting fresh air but inside a house that is supposed to be as air tight as possible...
There is money to be made.
But ventilation is not enough unless you vent out all the heat you just created which defeats the point of this appliance.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 20, 2003
6424 posts
2688 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Pretty good deal. Like another mentioned I also got this from Amazon a few years ago and I love it. I use it in the shed during the winter if I have to work on the snowblower. My shed is not insulated but it doesn't take long to heat up the place so I can work without my winter jacket.

If you are going to buy I would recommend to get the filter if you are going to use a 20lb propane tank + adapter hose.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -prod-com5
Sr. Member
Nov 11, 2013
600 posts
547 upvotes
Calgary
nounou23 wrote: Pretty good deal. Like another mentioned I also got this from Amazon a few years ago and I love it. I use it in the shed during the winter if I have to work on the snowblower. My shed is not insulated but it doesn't take long to heat up the place so I can work without my winter jacket.

If you are going to buy I would recommend to get the filter if you are going to use a 20lb propane tank + adapter hose.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -prod-com5
You can always get the buddy heater hose designed not to leach oils, that way you don’t need the filter.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 29, 2003
4950 posts
3631 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I ordered a 50,000 btu NG furnace for my garage last week from Princess Auto. Purolator delivered it in pretty shitty shape even compared to Purolator standards.
Images
  • 20200909_163052.jpg
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16640 posts
5921 upvotes
UmarF7302 wrote: What portable indoor heater would you recommend then?
I don't know of any that are portable yet safe for human life.
Gas furnaces use heat exchangers so that heat is extracted and exhaust is vented outdoors and not breathed by occupants.
Electric space heaters use about 1500W and are safe for indoor use but electric heat is pricey and you need an electricity source to run them.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 7, 2008
1421 posts
448 upvotes
Melkor wrote: I ordered a 50,000 btu NG furnace for my garage last week from Princess Auto. Purolator delivered it in pretty shitty shape even compared to Purolator standards.
Given that the box still contains the item and it was actually delivered to the proper address... Purolator did well above their average delivery!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3983 posts
247 upvotes
Melkor wrote: I ordered a 50,000 btu NG furnace for my garage last week from Princess Auto. Purolator delivered it in pretty shitty shape even compared to Purolator standards.
Thats pretty extreme...
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
19187 posts
1683 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Do bear in mind that these are bad for human health, you are breathing untreated concentrated exhaust.
Here is some information:
https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environm ... alth-risks

https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/ar ... as-heaters

https://www.abe.iastate.edu/extension-a ... s-aen-204/
These heaters are not approved in Canada to use indoors. The articles you have here are only relevant to the USA.

Big Buddy heaters in Canada come with a mandatory giant label NOT FOR USE INDOORS attached to the knob. Source: I have one.

They are for use in places with lots of ventilation like open garages, construction sites, hunting, ice fishing huts, etc
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2010
1332 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP got the Big buddy too.

This Heater is great for ice fishing, camping or emergencies. This heater is very safe with the Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS) and the
Accidental tip-over safety shut-off.

Note The Mr Heater Big Buddy is the MH18B (As Princess Auto description)

*Due to recent governmental changes to import tariffs, Mr. Heater has removed the fan on some models of the Mr. Heater Big Buddy (MH18B). We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused some customers. Please feel free to contact Mr. Heater Technical Service with any questions by phone at (800)-251-0001 or email on the Contact Us form.

Country Restriction: CANADA

https://www.mrheater.com/big-buddy-port ... -2933.html

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)