Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Mr. Buddy Heaters

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 11:49 pm
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16640 posts
5921 upvotes
brunes wrote: These heaters are not approved in Canada to use indoors. The articles you have here are only relevant to the USA.
The border has the magical ability to render pollution nontoxic when you cross it. Please.
I am reminded of those who don't care about the hazardous chemical warnings on products because they are required by the state of California. Apparently lead, carcinogens and other toxins are only dangerous there...
Big Buddy heaters in Canada come with a mandatory giant label NOT FOR USE INDOORS attached to the knob. Source: I have one.

They are for use in places with lots of ventilation like open garages, construction sites, hunting, ice fishing huts, etc
An enclosed space is an enclosed space. In order to vent their pollution you would have to vent out all the heat they produce. That defeats the purpose of using them.
If you don't care that your breathing burned fuel exhaust thats your business, but pretending it doesn't exist is stupid. Simply admit you don't care about the health implications of breathing exhaust.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 7, 2007
2290 posts
930 upvotes
Edmonton
No 4000-9000k units at Edm PA's. Had two in cart at Lowe's ( namao)and they wouldn't match or beat due to verifying no stock. Fyi they at clearing this unit for $99.....
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 17, 2019
50 posts
52 upvotes
surrealillusion wrote: Pretty good price on the Big Buddy as I ordered one a few years back on Amazon for $114.50.
Wish I got it at that price. Upgraded my hut this year so I'm going to need the extra warmth for guests.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
8824 posts
4498 upvotes
Paris
Melkor wrote: I ordered a 50,000 btu NG furnace for my garage last week from Princess Auto. Purolator delivered it in pretty shitty shape even compared to Purolator standards.
I have a Mr Heater version of this. The B-vent was as much as the heater.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2441 posts
1617 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote:

An enclosed space is an enclosed space. In order to vent their pollution you would have to vent out all the heat they produce. That defeats the purpose of using them.
If you don't care that your breathing burned fuel exhaust thats your business, but pretending it doesn't exist is stupid. Simply admit you don't care about the health implications of breathing exhaust.
Doesn't the majority of heat get transferred through infrared though? I can have the heater pointed at me warming me up and have the wind/fan blowing the fumes away from me (outdoors)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16640 posts
5921 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Doesn't the majority of heat get transferred through infrared though? I can have the heater pointed at me warming me up and have the wind/fan blowing the fumes away from me (outdoors)
Some, but its incidental. This is a simple burn fuel and dump it in the room appliance.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 18, 2019
103 posts
147 upvotes
any good places to buy propane for this?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2802 posts
678 upvotes
surrealillusion wrote: Costco 20lb and use the proper adapter
With a proper filter as well. I bought an adaptor without the filter, and it messed up the heater.
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 17, 2019
50 posts
52 upvotes
yyz2hkg wrote: With a proper filter as well. I bought an adaptor without the filter, and it messed up the heater.
Definitely a filter in order to prolong the longevity of your heater :)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2441 posts
1617 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Some, but its incidental. This is a simple burn fuel and dump it in the room appliance.
I dunno man. I think you're confusing a bunch of things. Venting and heating are two different things. Ever been to Costco or Lowes or Home Depot? Look up to the ceiling and you'll see gas heaters (not central air). They operate in the same way these MrBuddy heaters do. They're very common, lots of industrial and commercial buildings are heated using natural/propane gas heaters which radiate the heat towards the floor

Image
Image

http://www.ahrinet.org/App_Content/ahri ... glePGS.pdf

Just don't use them without proper ventilation and you'll be fine. Warm air/gasses rise so it's pretty easy to vent a room without completely cooling it.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1418 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
yyz2hkg wrote: With a proper filter as well. I bought an adaptor without the filter, and it messed up the heater.
Yes I should have been more specific I bought the Mr. Heater Big Buddy - 12' Big Buddy Hose w/ Regulator to go along with my Big Buddy heater so I didn't have to use a filter.
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 17, 2019
50 posts
52 upvotes
surrealillusion wrote: Yes I should have been more specific I bought the Mr. Heater Big Buddy - 12' Big Buddy Hose w/ Regulator to go along with my Big Buddy heater so I didn't have to use a filter.
Perfect, been thinking about lugging out a propane tank but don't have any room left on my sled for it unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1418 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
VinceDeals wrote: Perfect, been thinking about lugging out a propane tank but don't have any room left on my sled for it unfortunately.
Can't recall if it was on sale at Cabela's at the time but I may have bought some other stuff and used the survey coupon for some extra savings (as an excuse to spend more in store lol)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 19, 2011
1032 posts
608 upvotes
Montreal
If I buy more winter camping stuff, eventually, I'll go winter camping. Don't forget to add all your clearance items to the order!

Top