Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Mr. Buddy Heaters

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 9:41 pm
Sep 23, 2019
107 posts
28 upvotes
If I ordered online, would I be able to return to store for free? Also, do they accept returns that marked 'clearance'? Anyone knows?
Sep 18, 2019
139 posts
204 upvotes
digitalcitizen wrote: If I ordered online, would I be able to return to store for free? Also, do they accept returns that marked 'clearance'? Anyone knows?
PA will take anything I heard so don't worry too much

and yes they will take clearance
Jan 26, 2010
349 posts
101 upvotes
Thanks got one for my garage, will be nice to cut the cold down a bit when I need to work in there.
[OP]
Aug 17, 2019
54 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
molybdenum wrote: If I buy more winter camping stuff, eventually, I'll go winter camping. Don't forget to add all your clearance items to the order!
No bugs, no bears, best skating rinks available. Winter camping is the best.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5391 posts
1744 upvotes
Anyone know how the Buddy fares with camping in -5 C weather in a tent 10 person tent. It's roughly double the square footage the Buddy says it can heat up, but I'm just wondering if anyone's had any real life experience with either the Buddy or Big Buddy while camping? Specifically 4 people in a 10 person tent. Thanks!
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
[OP]
Aug 17, 2019
54 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
deezz wrote: Anyone know how the Buddy fares with camping in -5 C weather in a tent 10 person tent. It's roughly double the square footage the Buddy says it can heat up, but I'm just wondering if anyone's had any real life experience with either the Buddy or Big Buddy while camping? Specifically 4 people in a 10 person tent. Thanks!
How big is your tent? I'm currently using a little buddy for a rapala fat shack which is roughly 72" by 72" by 68" if I recall correctly. It keeps me pretty warm in there alone in temps below -10C.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5391 posts
1744 upvotes
VinceDeals wrote: How big is your tent? I'm currently using a little buddy for a rapala fat shack which is roughly 72" by 72" by 68" if I recall correctly. It keeps me pretty warm in there alone in temps below -10C.
The tent is about 10' x 16' x 6.5'....so quite a bit bigger than your fat shack. The other issue is that it is pretty much completely a screen on the ceiling, and uses a fly. I feel like even with the fly positioned as low as possible, all the heat is just going to escape. Don't even know if a big buddy will solve that.

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1060 posts
653 upvotes
Montreal
deezz wrote: Anyone know how the Buddy fares with camping in -5 C weather in a tent 10 person tent. It's roughly double the square footage the Buddy says it can heat up, but I'm just wondering if anyone's had any real life experience with either the Buddy or Big Buddy while camping? Specifically 4 people in a 10 person tent. Thanks!
Isn't a 10 person tent kind of huge, esp. for 4 people? Esp. if you're trying to heat it with a portable heater?

Edit: esp. with no roof? Oops. Misread on the roof part.
Sep 25, 2017
71 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
How quickly can these heat up a double detached garage in say -10 to - 40 degree temps?

I moved my gym from the basement into the garage and looking for something that can heat up the space relatively quickly (at least after a 5 min warm up).

I was thinking about getting the propane blower heater from The Mr. Heater brand but would this be a just as good alternative (and as well as being a cheaper purchase as the blower heater will be around 400 all in).
Jan 26, 2010
349 posts
101 upvotes
PA has up'd their delivery game... 2 days and this is sitting at my door. Thank you OP,you have been upvoted.
[OP]
Aug 17, 2019
54 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
polishpirate wrote: PA has up'd their delivery game... 2 days and this is sitting at my door. Thank you OP,you have been upvoted.
I'm still waiting for mine, sad face.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1552 posts
1028 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Quentin5 wrote: The border has the magical ability to render pollution nontoxic when you cross it. Please.
I am reminded of those who don't care about the hazardous chemical warnings on products because they are required by the state of California. Apparently lead, carcinogens and other toxins are only dangerous there...

An enclosed space is an enclosed space. In order to vent their pollution you would have to vent out all the heat they produce. That defeats the purpose of using them.
If you don't care that your breathing burned fuel exhaust thats your business, but pretending it doesn't exist is stupid. Simply admit you don't care about the health implications of breathing exhaust.
I guess common sense is no longer common anymore... I wouldn't think anyone would think it's ok to use a propane BBQ in a closed space indoors.

However, these do have great uses when you're outdoors like ice fishing or in your driveway working on your car in the middle of winter.
redflagdeals... buy now, think later.
Nov 8, 2009
452 posts
151 upvotes
I've tried the regular buddy in both ice fishing tent and camping tent. At -5 there will be no issues starting it up although it may be more difficult in -20 weather as the propane may freeze. In a small ice tent the buddy keeps us warm but it's nearly fully enclosed. When I went camping at about 4oC we had a 8 person tent and could really only feel the heat directly in front of the heater up to about 3 ft away. It definitely wasn't enough for our tent but the tent is also a lot more permeable, bigger and probably less insulated than an ice tent. All in all I probably wouldn't rely on the heater to keep you warm overnight at -5 but it's definitely handy for when your getting changed and getting ready to go into your sleeping bag.
Aug 13, 2020
156 posts
473 upvotes
Thanks OP !

I have 2 x Mr. Heater Portable Buddies that I found at Canadian Tire for $70 onsale about 2 winters ago.)

Reg $149.99 -- Perhaps this is a Price Match opportunity ?
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mr-h ... 2357p.html

I purchased them for emergency heating during extended power outages in winter and they are great. I used them a few times in a large 20'x15' room with high ceilings and they lasted for about 3 hours on high. They heated the room to 18 degrees (It was 2-5 Celsius outside and the rest of the house was 12.) 18 is still a bit cold so we sat near the heaters.

A friend who told me about Mr. Heater told me he uses his to warm up his car quickly.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5391 posts
1744 upvotes
TGokou wrote: I've tried the regular buddy in both ice fishing tent and camping tent. At -5 there will be no issues starting it up although it may be more difficult in -20 weather as the propane may freeze. In a small ice tent the buddy keeps us warm but it's nearly fully enclosed. When I went camping at about 4oC we had a 8 person tent and could really only feel the heat directly in front of the heater up to about 3 ft away. It definitely wasn't enough for our tent but the tent is also a lot more permeable, bigger and probably less insulated than an ice tent. All in all I probably wouldn't rely on the heater to keep you warm overnight at -5 but it's definitely handy for when your getting changed and getting ready to go into your sleeping bag.
Thanks so much for this info, it is super helpful and is going to help me with my planning greatly!! I am monitoring the forecast, but leaning towards not going. With an open top basically, with a fly, I just don't think we'll be able to stay warm for three nights. Getting sick right now is a huge risk.