Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Mr. Heater Big Maxx 80,000 btu Heater $479.97

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2020 5:53 pm
Nov 18, 2014
558 posts
519 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Roger21 wrote: Lol I had one inspected about 8 months ago, in Calgary, was fine. But then again, he didn't care 1 bit about the heater, just about the gas work (which I trenched through the yard).

Tip: don't buy the pipe kits, hang it and measure out what you exactly need and get it from a good plumbing shop. Remember, horizontal needs to be class 3, which is $$$.
Good for you, but that is one lazy inspector then. No CSA sticker means it should fail inspection, no matter how you put it... Most inspectors in Calgary are aware of the lack of CSA markings on the MrHeater units and handle accordingly on inspection.
I also have one in my garage and it does not have any CSA markings inside or out (and I've looked for it). Fortunately, where I live just outside of Calgary we do not have a permit/inspection system.
Nov 30, 2019
4 posts
I had mine installed and inspected in Calgary with no issues. Very happy with this heater
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3471 posts
836 upvotes
Canada
Redflagdaddy wrote: I had mine installed and inspected in Calgary with no issues. Very happy with this heater
how is the heater doing so far?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3471 posts
836 upvotes
Canada
hunto306 wrote: Guys that are considering putting this in a standard two car attached garages - just note 80K BTU is very large. We put in 30K/45K typically for 2 and 3 car garages. If you plan on leaving your garage set to a constant temp with a garage heater, consider getting it sized properly.
are you able to comment on the quality of this heater? also, what do you mean by "getting it sized properly"?
Jan 8, 2019
22 posts
7 upvotes
Regina, SK
badsha wrote: are you able to comment on the quality of this heater? also, what do you mean by "getting it sized properly"?
I can't comment on the quality of it. Getting it sized properly would mean having a contractor come in and quote you on one. If the equipment is too large it will short cycle and short cycling is not great for efficiency and comfort.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3471 posts
836 upvotes
Canada
hunto306 wrote: I can't comment on the quality of it. Getting it sized properly would mean having a contractor come in and quote you on one. If the equipment is too large it will short cycle and short cycling is not great for efficiency and comfort.
so you mean to say, if this heater is too big for the garage then look for a smaller heater that is just the right size for the garage?
Jan 8, 2019
22 posts
7 upvotes
Regina, SK
badsha wrote: so you mean to say, if this heater is too big for the garage then look for a smaller heater that is just the right size for the garage?
Personally I would. The guys saying the unit is working fine aren't wrong - I'm sure it heats the garage up no issues. Your t-stat will be satisfied quite quickly and it will likely overshoot the set temp. Any contractor in western Canada will be putting in 90% of the time 30-45K btu heaters in garages and you won't find 80Ks until you get into much larger shops.

If you can find someone in the business you can usually score Reznors/Modines/Lennox for about the same price as listed here. If you are going full on with a contractor expect to pay 2K+. If you've got a 24x24/30 garage with 8-10ft ceilings you'll be good with 30K btu.

If you've got the money go radiant. Btu's are a tad different (higher). I really prefer them over forced air.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3471 posts
836 upvotes
Canada
hunto306 wrote: Personally I would. The guys saying the unit is working fine aren't wrong - I'm sure it heats the garage up no issues. Your t-stat will be satisfied quite quickly and it will likely overshoot the set temp. Any contractor in western Canada will be putting in 90% of the time 30-45K btu heaters in garages and you won't find 80Ks until you get into much larger shops.

If you can find someone in the business you can usually score Reznors/Modines/Lennox for about the same price as listed here. If you are going full on with a contractor expect to pay 2K+. If you've got a 24x24/30 garage with 8-10ft ceilings you'll be good with 30K btu.

If you've got the money go radiant. Btu's are a tad different (higher). I really prefer them over forced air.
Thank you for answering my question. I got 1 more stupid question. With the larger heater, can't we simply decrease the NG pressure and reduce the BTU which in theory should be equivalent to a smaller unit heater?