Hot Deals

Princess Auto

Multiple Board Game on sales, God of War $15, Discover Lands Unknown Game $4, Not Alone $15

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2023 9:28 pm
[OP]
Jul 28, 2010
692 posts
880 upvotes
Montreal

[Princess Auto] Multiple Board Game on sales, God of War $15, Discover Lands Unknown Game $4, Not Alone $15

15 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3293 posts
4701 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP! Didn't know they sell board games. Got the big Ben puzzle and god of war as gifts.
May 29, 2015
182 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can't pick up in store and shipping is around $8. But given the sale price I'll bite!!

Thanks OP
Jan 11, 2017
164 posts
90 upvotes
I was there in Sunday and randomly found a WWE Royal Rumble card game, I think it was $10, perfect timing for Sat.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3293 posts
4701 upvotes
Toronto, ON
blackpianist wrote: Can't pick up in store and shipping is around $8. But given the sale price I'll bite!!

Thanks OP
I just picked up mine in-store. Online order.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2609 posts
1301 upvotes
thanks op, never purchasedd from them before. but got a few of the board game as gift
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1736 posts
1735 upvotes
All the games seem pretty meh according to boardgame geek. I speak from experience: Get either highly rated boardgames to draw you (and friends) into a genre, or get games that you know for sure you will play. Don't get mediocre board games. They will end up in no-man's land. Not good or popular enough ever hit your table, but not bad enough to be sold or donated or trashed. As you get into this hobby, you will find the most precious resource is time. Time that you get to play with your pals are very limited and very precious, so only the best of the best games in your collection will see the light of day.

The only time you would consider a mediocre game is if it is very small size, in a very small box. These you can always take with you to other people's place. These are good to have. But in general, avoid mediocre.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3606 posts
2291 upvotes
Airdrie
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Nov 24, 2014
115 posts
272 upvotes
Vancouver
CCHIPSS wrote: All the games seem pretty meh according to boardgame geek. I speak from experience: Get either highly rated boardgames to draw you (and friends) into a genre, or get games that you know for sure you will play. Don't get mediocre board games. They will end up in no-man's land. Not good or popular enough ever hit your table, but not bad enough to be sold or donated or trashed. As you get into this hobby, you will find the most precious resource is time. Time that you get to play with your pals are very limited and very precious, so only the best of the best games in your collection will see the light of day.

The only time you would consider a mediocre game is if it is very small size, in a very small box. These you can always take with you to other people's place. These are good to have. But in general, avoid mediocre.
I would agree, to some extent. I know most of my friends and myself prefer purchasing and playing 7.0+ rated games on BGG. But we aren't representative of everyone.

I bought the Mind The Gap boardgame that was posted as a deal a month back on RFD - rated at 5.6 on BGG as we speak. For all 3 occasions that I've brought it out, it's been a blast: with family, with casual gaming friends, with competitive gaming friends that wanted something light. Sometimes it doesn't need to be something serious or super well designed. Games can just be fun for the sake of it.

At this price, it's worth a gamble if you like the premise.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1423 posts
1069 upvotes
Québec
about boardgamegeek. They are so good games with average ratings. But please check the Weight rating. On a 5 scale, any games with a weight more than 2.4 or 2.5 may
be to complex for kids or casual gamers.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2609 posts
1301 upvotes
How long does Princess Auto hold pick up orders? I can't get there until early next week

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)