None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1131 posts
389 upvotes
YYC

[Princess Auto] NIB Haier 14K btu dual hose 3in1 air conditioner $349.99 YMMV

Princess Auto has the HPF14XCM-B dual hose 14,000 btu air conditioner with dehumidifier for $349.99 in store.
Not advertised online though. Brand New in box. Item number 8621989.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Haier-14-000 ... d=hpf14xcm

Not a bad deal if you don't need heating like the Costco version offered.
17 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1131 posts
389 upvotes
YYC
Yes. Added to post.
Mar 12, 2016
877 posts
1327 upvotes
Any information on the noise level?

Edit: And which location LOL
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1131 posts
389 upvotes
YYC
chinesepig wrote: Any information on the noise level?

Edit: And which location LOL
Home Depot's website claims 49db SPL. (new link added with more info) I saw it in NE Calgary Princess Auto - they had 3 or so units. I assume it is available in other PA stores.
Mar 12, 2016
877 posts
1327 upvotes
herc wrote: Home Depot's website claims 49db SPL. (new link added with more info) I saw it in NE Calgary Princess Auto - they had 3 or so units. I assume it is available in other PA stores.
That 49db is super impressive then...gonna check it out tomorrow in markham. Definitely do not need the heat pump since I would not want to have to have this set up during the winter and have to open the windows to exhaust the heat out, even though it is more efficient than regular heaters
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3043 posts
779 upvotes
Heat pump isn't meant for use in winter as it draws heat from the air, meaning air should be at or above 10C or so. So more of a Fall / Spring use for the heat pump functionality.

When I checked my Princess Auto last month, they only had 1 beat up Haier boxed unit and it wasn't a dual-hose (but now that it's officially summer, they may have better stock everywhere).
chinesepig wrote: That 49db is super impressive then...gonna check it out tomorrow in markham. Definitely do not need the heat pump since I would not want to have to have this set up during the winter and have to open the windows to exhaust the heat out, even though it is more efficient than regular heaters
Oct 23, 2010
637 posts
112 upvotes
herc wrote: Princess Auto has the HPF14XCM-B dual hose 14,000 btu air conditioner with dehumidifier for $349.99 in store.
Not advertised online though. Brand New in box. Item number 8621989.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Haier-14-000 ... d=hpf14xcm

Not a bad deal if you don't need heating like the Costco version offered.
Which store did you see this in? Went to my local PA in Mississauga and they have one unit for $399 "as-is" condition,found it highly scuffed when I checked inside the box.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3293 posts
1388 upvotes
Airdrie
Found it at Best Buy for $480. Mixed reviews. Most negative reviewers complain about lack of cooling capacity. I think they may have too high expectations - most guides I can find online suggest 14000 BTU is adequate for anywhere from 350 - 600 sqare feet. Considering looking for one of these to replace my garage sale portable unit that struggles to keep my bedroom cool and sounds like a jet plane.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hai ... 34635.aspx

Edit: just browsing Costco and almost all of the portable AC units have mixed reviews; almost all negative reviews regardless of manufacturer are concerned with either noise or cooling capacity.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1897 posts
360 upvotes
Alberta
herc wrote: Home Depot's website claims 49db SPL. (new link added with more info) I saw it in NE Calgary Princess Auto - they had 3 or so units. I assume it is available in other PA stores.
Was it sitting with the other ac and dehumidifier units? Couldn't find them in the NE one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1131 posts
389 upvotes
YYC
Chingyul wrote: Was it sitting with the other ac and dehumidifier units? Couldn't find them in the NE one.
They were up front in the store straight ahead of the entrance. About four aisles after you enter the store and approx. 3rd item in from the end of the aisle.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3293 posts
1388 upvotes
Airdrie
Confirmed none left in Calgary.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Apr 21, 2016
4 posts
Burnaby, BC
I went to PA on King Edward in Coquitlam BC this evening after calling ahead and had this unit in hold as this one was the last one. I am pretty sure I confirmed the price was $349.99 over the phone, but the guy I spoke to probably wasn't paying attention and told me yes. At the cashier when we showed up, we were told that this is $399.99, not $349.99. The guy I spoke also said that he said $399.99. Which was pretty annoying as I won't make that easy mistake as a deal seeker. I explained that someone posted on RFD about Calgary store having it on sale and it was not online special, but the cashier didn't care less, so I called Calgary store to confirm the price over there. The guy I spoke actually said that the price is $399.99 there as well and there was no recent sale in record. So I gave up on trying to get the price honored. But we got it anyways.

I just wanted to let other people know that you won't get $349.99. :( . $399.99 is an ok price, but I had an expectation, so it was kind of sad....