• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 9:39 pm
[OP]
Nov 11, 2013
823 posts
841 upvotes
Calgary

[Princess Auto] Poulan 14” reconditioned chainsaw $74.99

Back in stock online at princess auto with free shipping. This is a light duty chainsaw that has been factory reconditioned. The beauty about buying from PA is their Costco like return policy so if it fails you can always exchange or return it for a refund.
10 replies
Jan 8, 2012
661 posts
435 upvotes
Williams Lake
Thanks OP.

Seems a great deal with their return policy.

Having cleared a few windfalls using an axe, this will be a much less labour-intensive alternative.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3350 posts
1369 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone else a bit weary of a reconditioned chainsaw? What's 20 bucks for your arm?
Feb 18, 2015
134 posts
84 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
This is basically a disposable chainsaw. They can be extremely frustrating. I have owned two.
Apr 24, 2018
82 posts
52 upvotes
brought one of these at PA, started itself on fire
took it back and the person behind the counter said they were getting complaints of the same nature
this was a few years ago, they maybe better now, i won't chance it
went and got a real saw
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1037 posts
464 upvotes
Perth
Poulan is garbage when new, I couldn't imagine buying a refurb... I owned one and threw it away after a year. I bought a Stihl and have had it for 10 years now.
May 8, 2020
10 posts
5 upvotes
I have one that I paid 99$ new at Reno-Depot a couple of years ago.. This is the worse chainsaw that I have tried. Even new, it was already garbage; engine stall all the time, the vibration is very bad and the chain is ultra cheap. My brother have the pro version with the 18in blade and it's a better saw, but my advice would be to stay away from Poulan and look for entry level model in better brands. I would not buy it even if it was 50$, just not worth the hassle of operating it.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4002 posts
1413 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I have to agree with all of the others. My 14" Poulan lasted a year or so. It saw minimal use but was still absolutely destroyed after that year.
Jan 8, 2012
661 posts
435 upvotes
Williams Lake
Used mine for the first time today to remove a tree across the road.

Saved me half an hour hard labour.

A few more of those and it will have paid for itself.

Thanks again, OP.