• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2021 10:17 am
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
193 posts
138 upvotes
SW Ontario

[Princess Auto] Power Drain Auger $ 99

Had a stubborn kitchen sink , plumber used this same auger and was able to clear the clog in less then 10 mts Great reviews sold in States under brand Harbour Freight Bauer .
Last edited by TomRFD on May 31st, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
70 replies
Dec 30, 2017
546 posts
599 upvotes
GTA
Why not just get the manual one for home use ?
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
193 posts
138 upvotes
SW Ontario
justrajdeep wrote: Why not just get the manual one for home use ?
Well I have a manual one which didn’t work doesn’t have the juice , even the first plumber had a different style of electric auger but couldn’t open after struggling
This second guy had this and good skill , took him 10 mts , machine looked solid .
Aug 26, 2003
304 posts
469 upvotes
If you own any Ryobi tools, they have this cordless auger for $84. A auger is a good investment. Just one call for a plumber is more than the cost of the tool.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001024514

At first I thought cordless is overkill until I decided to use it to clear a clog in the downspout. Works fine
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1150 posts
4542 upvotes
Van Isle
Looks like a good find OP. The video review of it on Harbour Freight is glowing. If it worked on larger diameter pipe i would buy it for poosplosion prevention.

Upvoted
Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4063 posts
4573 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
I'm a plumber. I'll never tell people I'm a plumber though

I ain't fixing your "beep" for free! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes🤣
Apr 10, 2015
170 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chilli604 wrote: I'm a plumber. I'll never tell people I'm a plumber though

I ain't doing your "beep" for free! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Pretty much every jobs
Apr 2, 2015
357 posts
494 upvotes
Siberia
Bought this on sale a couple years ago after a hand one didn't get the job done.... Ive used it approx 5 times... I'd say it's paid itself off. How much would a plumber charge to unclog a drain x5?

There was a YouTube video a guy in the states did that sold me on it, was hilarious.
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
193 posts
138 upvotes
SW Ontario
Jone19 wrote: There was a YouTube video a guy in the states did that sold me on it, was hilarious.
I saw this one -
Jul 25, 2016
77 posts
64 upvotes
Mastero wrote: I saw this one -
This video is what convinced me to buy one last time it was posted lol...hilarious
Oct 11, 2018
645 posts
942 upvotes
Arkham
Had to call a plumber in the past, so yes, it pays for itself after 1 call
So this above video, combines with PA unbeatable return/warranty, get me to buy one.
Thanks OP
Jun 23, 2019
26 posts
19 upvotes
In for one! Thanks OP. The guy in the video should be paid for his awesome marketing job hahaha!!
Mar 20, 2011
369 posts
1378 upvotes
so i'm trying to buy one but their website is broken... when i try to do in store pickup at a store where they clearly shows its in stock, it asks me to check my shipping address and won't let me continue.
then I saw that they are apparently offering to cover up to $50 of shipping costs on all orders above $50 before tax, which this obviously qualifies for, it tells me to still check my address...
so basically I can't pickup at store, nor have it shipped to me... SOL
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4936 posts
2343 upvotes
Markham
Had an issue once, got lucky the bill was covered. At $99 this is a fraction of a call of a plumber and just peace of mind that if I don't have be as anal about washing stuff down the pipes.

Thanks OP I'm getting one
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4936 posts
2343 upvotes
Markham
Mastero wrote: I saw this one -
If he sold a lawnmower I'd buy one, even I live in a condo
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17166 posts
19074 upvotes
Oakville
I have a manual auger for small clogs. For big clogs, I just rent a tool from home depot. You can get a huge machine that's better for main drains for about $65. You can also rent a similar power tools for about $40. But if I see that Ryobi battery tool on sale, I'll probably pick it up just to have, much easier than manual tool. I guess it depends on how frequently you need it, for me it's not more than once every few years.

Or maybe I'll get one of these that you attach to a drill you already have. https://www.amazon.ca/DrainX-Heavy-Ergo ... 08QZ24DR6/

I did recently have to rent the big beast with a cutter end piece from HD to clear my main drain. City scoped it and found some roots on my side. The big beast worked like a charm. I'll need to get some RootX to ensure they don't come back. Anyone used it? Where's the best place to get it?
Last edited by engineered on May 31st, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.