• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2021 10:17 am
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14849 posts
5378 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered this. Looks much more powerful and durable than the Ryobi to me. One use and the thing pays for itself. Thanks OP.
Jan 25, 2013
178 posts
123 upvotes
Whitby
Ordered one, thanks OP!

I'm going to try and clean out my Central Vac with it.
Daughter plugged it up with hay from her Guinea Pig. Tried the manual one and it wouldn't break through.
Hoping this will work.
Oct 10, 2006
430 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Just picked up in-store at the Scarborough location. They are opened for in-store shopping.

Online it shows 2 in stock but they actually have 5 left now.
Images
  • 75582203-FD21-447A-9352-8AB5EB63DDDD.jpeg
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14476 posts
9280 upvotes
Markham
kevkwan wrote: Thanks OP! Just picked up in-store at the Scarborough location. They are opened for in-store shopping.

I bought one and it worked for me so no complaints.

Scarborough is OPEN for instore shopping?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14849 posts
5378 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: Scarborough is OPEN for instore shopping?
Not sure how that works, since it's currently against the (stupid) law.
Oct 10, 2006
430 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: I bought one and it worked for me so no complaints.

Scarborough is OPEN for instore shopping?
Kurtz7834 wrote: Not sure how that works, since it's currently against the (stupid) law.

Not just Scarborough but Markham location as well. I called earlier and was inquiring about the unit and was also told they were opened too.

So I can only imagine they are all opened in Ontario(?). Apparently they opened up in-store shopping as of yesterday.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3527 posts
2153 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder how long it will take for postings about:
1) snake whipped around, and I was injured.
2) it got stuck and cost me hundreds to have the plumber remove it.
3) can't figure out where to use it.
4) didn't work
5) folded over and wrecked my....

Any other predictions?

Do yourself a favour and Google the info screenshotted.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210601-125518.png
  • Screenshot_20210601-125854.png
Dec 26, 2012
980 posts
860 upvotes
Quebec
pca1987 wrote: I assume this can be used in any type of plumbing, like PEX tubes for ex?
Pex is way to small for something like this. Beside Pex is used for water intake and should not clog up, your drainage pipe is a much larger pvc pipe.
beachlover wrote: I wonder how long it will take for postings about:
1) snake whipped around, and I was injured.
2) it got stuck and cost me hundreds to have the plumber remove it.
3) can't figure out where to use it.
4) didn't work
5) folded over and wrecked my....

Any other predictions?
6) I tried using it in Pex pipes and now it's jammed in it
7) I tried using it for my clay french drain outside and now my basement is flooded

Bonus : I thought it would make a good cement mixer, it didn't, and now the store won't refund me.
Jul 4, 2013
304 posts
74 upvotes
kevkwan wrote: Thanks OP! Just picked up in-store at the Scarborough location. They are opened for in-store shopping.

I was there a few days ago. I wasn't allowed in
Jul 4, 2013
304 posts
74 upvotes
They only had one left online in Scarborough. I just ordered it and now it says it's out of stock hope I get it
Oct 10, 2006
430 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
PMking wrote: I was there a few days ago. I wasn't allowed in
They just opened up in-store shopping yesterday, so probably you weren't allowed in since it was a few days ago.

They had 5 left as of this morning from the photo, so their online count is wrong. I'm sure if you call in or go in you can grab one. I posted a photo earlier, it's actually hidden not in their aisle way but with their sale items in the middle.
Oct 9, 2019
177 posts
91 upvotes
Never ordered online from PA. Is shipping free?
Are there any coupon codes ? I see a $15 off 75 from April which doesnt work now.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14476 posts
9280 upvotes
Markham
kevkwan wrote: Not just Scarborough but Markham location as well. I called earlier and was inquiring about the unit and was also told they were opened too.

So I can only imagine they are all opened in Ontario(?). Apparently they opened up in-store shopping as of yesterday.
c&p from their website

Our Ontario stores have reopened for your essential farm and industrial needs. We still offer curbside pickup and online ordering with free shipping (click here for details). For up to date business hours and Covid updates for all locations, click here. Our goal is to keep our stores operating, our Team Members safe, and to serve our customers as safely and efficiently as possible.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2173 posts
285 upvotes
NB
It looks like you can’t get a replacement cable for this in Canada.
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
196 posts
138 upvotes
SW Ontario
Colin0317 wrote: It looks like you can’t get a replacement cable for this in Canada.
By the time it comes to cable replacement it would have paid for it multiple times .I had to pay 200 between two plumbers to get my sink back .
Mar 1, 2014
761 posts
833 upvotes
kowell wrote: Pex is way to small for something like this. Beside Pex is used for water intake and should not clog up, your drainage pipe is a much larger pvc pipe.

6) I tried using it in Pex pipes and now it's jammed in it
7) I tried using it for my clay french drain outside and now my basement is flooded

Bonus : I thought it would make a good cement mixer, it didn't, and now the store won't refund me.
Someone might get chastised by their OB/GYN, or Dr. Cosmo Karmer...
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2007
1193 posts
954 upvotes
Land of Oil & Ga…
Oh great, another tool where it's never crossed my mind that I needed, and won't buy. Then one freaking day, a clog is gonna drain, and I'm gonna kick myself for not buying it.
May 20, 2004
675 posts
566 upvotes
dingmah wrote: Oh great, another tool where it's never crossed my mind that I needed, and won't buy. Then one freaking day, a clog is gonna drain, and I'm gonna kick myself for not buying it.
No problem, go down to your local home depot and either rent their tool for ~$50 and don't ever worry about storage or cleanup, or buy one of their powered augers for about the same price. Either the ryobi linked in this thread, or the ridgid power spin which you can use with any drill.
Dec 26, 2012
980 posts
860 upvotes
Quebec
gshrfd wrote: Someone might get chastised by their OB/GYN, or Dr. Cosmo Karmer...
Ohhhhh that is disgusting.

Have a gold star